Up the avatar size

Well, we could start charging for new accounts. That'd also help behaviour issues, since people would think before they posted because they'd want to avoid wasting $10 on an account :p

Anyone would think better and everything would be more..............neat? Without tons of unnecessary posts.. or do you think I like to post in these last song you heard threads..? Not really. I just want my posting count to go up.. so I can change this *****ty avatar

Anyone would think better and everything would be more..............neat? Without tons of unnecessary posts.. or do you think I like to post in these last song you heard threads..? Not really. I just want my posting count to go up.. so I can change this *****ty avatar

Um no, because what would happen then, is people would get an avatar, and then post crappy threads like that anyways...

So wait, I don't understand, will I ever be able to have a moving avatar? i don't care about the size, it can be the same as it is now, but what I want to know is, will I ever be able to have a .gif one?

So wait, I don't understand, will I ever be able to have a moving avatar? i don't care about the size, it can be the same as it is now, but what I want to know is, will I ever be able to have a .gif one?

You can have one now, but it can't be any bigger than 19kb.

The GIF IMAGE I have right now is 4.30kb ...and i just checked in Serif Photoplus...it's a moving image and yet...nothing

The GIF IMAGE I have right now is 4.30kb ...and i just checked in Serif Photoplus...it's a moving image and yet...nothing

You didnt load it right...plenty of people have animated avatars.

i'm glad that you have to "earn" your avatar size.

i remember being stoked that i got to the post count milestone to get one. theres so many users who sign up for like a day, or who never post, etc. why do they need to have a giant avatar by their name? waste.

i remember being stoked that i got to the post count milestone to get one. theres so many users who sign up for like a day, or who never post, etc. why do they need to have a giant avatar by their name? waste.

I agree with you. On the other hand, why regulars should have a microscopic little colored dot as an avatar..?

I agree with you. On the other hand, why regulars should have a microscopic little colored dot as an avatar..?

that's a pretty valid question, but on that note, your join date is summer 2008which doesn't exactly make you a "regular" yet. just saying, there are some people who've been here since like 2003 who don't have the post requirements for the bigger avatar sizes either, and they haven't felt compelled to spam their way there.

just give it time, participate in more threads and whatnot, and you'll get there in no time. :up:

^I wasn't pointing at myself :woot: plus, I had another account which I never really used--I did what I usually do: take some time to go through all the threads and see what's being talked and all that--when I meant to start posting, I was tired of the old username so AEGHAST was born :woot: anyway, off-topic I know--just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't talking about myself..................alone

EDIT: avatar working now.

Last edited:
i kinda like the idea of having people pay "fines" to unlock there account for doing things against the rules

So I think it is something like if you cross 2000 posts, you are upgraded to a 100 X 100 avatar right? But my avatar has stayed at 75 X 75 even though I recently crossed 2000 posts!

Is this is an automated system? When will my avatar become bigger?

You'll have to upload a bigger image to get a bigger avatar.

Well it ain't giving me the option to upload a 100 X 100 avatar. The option is only for a 75 X 75 avatar.

Check it now.

Since you bring that up, 150x150 wouldn't be bad but I'm also guessing that bandwidth and presentation issues would be a bigger problem if they bumped it too much.

125x125 compromise would work for me haha

I think 125x125 should be saved for 70k or up. CLASS WARFARE!

Would the bandwidth problem be solved by having members host their avatars on other sites like Photobucket, Imgur, etc.? I'm sure that many would be willing to do that if it meant larger avvys but I don't know if vBulletin has an option that would force everyone to host them on external sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"