The Amazing Spider-Man *Update* Your Rating for TASM

Picard Sisko

Prepare to be Assimilated
Reaction score
The score you give a movie the first time you see it is usually different from after seeing it multiple times. Give your new and updated rating for TASM, and also post what you previously gave it after the first viewing.

First rating: 9/10
Current rating: 8.5/10

Original rating - 7.5
Current rating - 9

Movie gets another 1.5 because of it's rewatch value.

First viewing: 8/10
Current rating: 9/10

it may also change when ASM2 comes out. we'll see.

Being a Big Spider-man Fan

I Loved this movie when I first watched it, I've watched this movie about 7 times and it doesn't bore me.

Plus you can tell the movie was mostly Ultimate, from the Albert Einstein poster in Peter's room to Uncle Ben's Speech and how Peter acted when he got his powers.

First viewing: 9.5/10
Current rating: 9.5/10
______________________________________________________________________________________________

BRING ON THE SEQUEL!!!

Okay.
First Rating - 8.3/10
New rating after Blu-Ray viewing - 9/10

I find it gets better after every viewing.

Hahahahaha!

I totally agree, I'm fed up of these threads! I'd be glad if a mod would like to delete this!

Geez, if you don't like it that much then why post in it?

It felt pretty clear that you made this thread because you were bored or something.

Why not just update the rating at the rating thread that's already there?

I originally thought the film was great and gave it a 8/10 on my theatre viewing, but now that I have watched the Blu-Ray multiple times, I appreciate the film so much more, and I can easily say it's a 9/10 for me.

My favorite Spider-Man film hands down, even though there are some things that kind of annoy me, but nothing serious at all.

The thread seems to be primarily for discussion based on how your opinion of the movie changed since your first viewing. The poll is just to compare.

I don't see a problem with the thread.

and so what if he's bored? can anyone else really claim to be here for any other reason?

It's just that it feels like we've got more than enough rating threads already

Yeah, not gonna lie, this thread is pretty pointless. We've got a no discussions review thread, a review thread where we can discuss things... and now we have this.

So why could people not just update their ratings and explain as to why they did that in the discussion review thread?

and so what if he's bored? can anyone else really claim to be here for any other reason?

I'm here because I like speculating and talking to people that share the same interests as I do. :huh:

Original rating: 8.5
New rating after seeing it 5 more times: 8.5

The funny thing is, my opinions have changed, the strengths AND weaknesses have stood out more upon my many re-watches, and yet they totally balance each other out so my rating remains the same. It's still my favorite Spidey movie...yet. I have very high hopes that the sequel will be my first 9/10 (at least) Spidey flick.

After first viewing, I really didn't know what to think. It pretty much felt like I had already seen the whole movie before I saw it in theaters, so that certainly didn't help. Whereas with say, Iron Man, knowing very little about it beforehand, I immediately thought, "Hey! This is really good."

So for ASM 2 I'm really hoping I can resist watching all the clips and bts and reading reviews before I go see it. I don't like my chances. :doh::doh:

But back to my current rating: I give it a solid 8. I really like it, but recognize there are flaws and although the origin was well done and sufficiently different from S1, it still felt like retreaded ground. ASM2 has so much potential though. The cast and director are perfect IMO. Hopefully the story matches up.

After first viewing, I really didn't know what to think. It pretty much felt like I had already seen the whole movie before I saw it in theaters, so that certainly didn't help. Whereas with say, Iron Man, knowing very little about it beforehand, I immediately thought, "Hey! This is really good."

So for ASM 2 I'm really hoping I can resist watching all the clips and bts and reading reviews before I go see it. I don't like my chances. :doh::doh:

But back to my current rating: I give it a solid 8. I really like it, but recognize there are flaws and although the origin was well done and sufficiently different from S1, it still felt like retreaded ground. ASM2 has so much potential though. The cast and director are perfect IMO. Hopefully the story matches up.

My plan is to avoid all trailers for ASM2 which essentially means a boycot of this forum in about a years time.

I really doubt I have the willpower to do that.

First viewing at midnight show: 7/10

Current rating: 6/10

Rating at midnight screening: 9.5/10

Current rating: 8.5

Original rating: 8/10
Current rating: 8.5/10

Saw it twice in theaters and loved it. I've probably watched it 6 or 7 times on Bluray now and I love it even a little bit more. I find that ASM holds up very well with subsequent viewings, something I haven't really found in a SH film since SM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"