V for Vendetta or Batman Begins.

chosen1

Sidekick
Reaction score
Man I loved both of these movies. I am a hardcore batman fan. But I cannot come to a conclusion on which film was better. It's suprising to me that I have thought about this for this long. And it looks like I enjoyed V for Vendetta a little more.

Which one did you guys like?

ONe thing I did'nt get in V for vendetta. At the end V told eve that he had to destroy this world he helped create and it was up to eve to pull the lever to start the new world. So does that mean V was part of the plot to form the chancellors vision before he got imprisoned?

And I dont think V was Gay but everytime I watch the opening and he is brushing his hair in the beginning it makes me wonder.....

Awesome movie.

(If anyone has a pic of the poster of Valerie Promoting her movie 'The Salt Flats' please post I want that picture.)

V helped create the world because he was the prisoner that the St. Mary's/Three Waters virus was created from. At least, that's how it sounded to me.

ampersand said:
V helped create the world because he was the prisoner that the St. Mary's/Three Waters virus was created from. At least, that's how it sounded to me.

oh okay

I think V was probably a homosexual, because why else would he be imprisoned seeing as he was a white englishman. Also he did come across as a bit effeminate in some scenes.

And when he said he had to destroy the world he has helped to create, I thought it was because he, like the majority of Britons was worried about felt that Sutler was what the country needed to 'save' the England from ending up like USA.

No, V wasn't a homosexual in the movie, because in the movie he fell in love with Evey.

I liked V for Vendetta, I got it on DVD. It was awesome. But I have to agree with Alan Moore. The movie should have been a movie about anarchism and facsism, not right vs. left. The movie should have kept the books original intentions: a commentary about Thatcher's Britain not a commentary about Bush's America. In my opinion, Warner Bros. and the Wachoski Bros should have treated it like Sin City, a near perfect adaptation that would have made Alan Moore happy.

Batman Begins was just plain bad ass. Unlike V for Vendetta, you can't really make a near word for word adaptation like Sin City because there are just so many Batman stories. Batman Begins shows you how to make a Batman movie, unlike its predecessors.

Correct me if I'm wrong in the movie did he not say he doe'snt remember his life before the accident. If so, it might be possible he was gay.

Question: why is he so stong?

hippie_hunter said:
Unlike V for Vendetta, you can't really make a near word for word adaptation like Sin City because there are just so many Batman stories.

You could easily do a Sin City take on Year One.

kame-sennin said:
You could easily do a Sin City take on Year One.

On that specific story yes, but there are so many different interpretations of Batman. You have O'Neil's Batman. You have Loeb's Batman. You have Miller's Batman. You have Kane and Finger's Batman. You have Burton's Batman. You have Schumaker's Batman. You have Timm and Dini's Batman. Going with just one interpretation of Batman is not the way to go. In my opinion, even though I loved Superman Returns, they shouldn't have gone with just Donner's Superman.

I enjoyed V so much, but to me, Batman Begins is the perfect comic book movie.

hippie_hunter said:
No, V wasn't a homosexual in the movie, because in the movie he fell in love with Evey.

I liked V for Vendetta, I got it on DVD. It was awesome. But I have to agree with Alan Moore. The movie should have been a movie about anarchism and facsism, not right vs. left. The movie should have kept the books original intentions: a commentary about Thatcher's Britain not a commentary about Bush's America. In my opinion, Warner Bros. and the Wachoski Bros should have treated it like Sin City, a near perfect adaptation that would have made Alan Moore happy.

Batman Begins was just plain bad ass. Unlike V for Vendetta, you can't really make a near word for word adaptation like Sin City because there are just so many Batman stories. Batman Begins shows you how to make a Batman movie, unlike its predecessors.
He's a question. Right there, you gave a pretty great explaination BB is the better adaptation, but does that make it the better movie?

v's probably better, though I haven't seen it. I could see the fight scenes clearly in the trailer so if it can beat begins there maybe the rest did as well.

I finally got around to seeing V for Vendetta.

I liked the comic series better than the movie.

With regard to Batman Begins, I like the movie more than the comics

V for Vendetta or Batman Begins? This is the hardest ****ing question I've ever had to answer. The answer is... I don't know.

Lets not pit them against each other. according to reviews ive read, Vendetta is a classy film about a person in circumstances with the right to go above the law for the good of society, and so is Batman begins.

Im going to check out Vendetta soon.

V for Vendetta. Has a great style, and I editing/cinematography (e.g. the reocurring shots of the family/people in the bar/etc. that in the end shows they all left to go Parliament).

Begins is a great movie, but I don't like the hard-on for realism, and the fact they mucked about with characters so much (Ra's, Carmine).

I both enjoyed Batman Begins more and thought it was a better movie, but not by much on either accounts. They both rock.

V for Vendetta was horrible.

I fast forward x16 on my Labtop DVD player. :down

thats hard to answer.......

both were incredible movies with different messages to give

HellOnEarth said:
V for Vendetta was horrible.

I fast forward x16 on my Labtop DVD player. :down

It would be nice if you said what you thought about it, and not just that it's "horrible".

V had better cuts to the action, and better pacing. But it is Batman. I dont know, I call a draw...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"