V for Vendetta question: Spoilers.

Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
Question about V for Vendetta:

I love this movie, and have seen it about 6 times, but my one question is: How come at the end of the film, when the place of Westminster is blowing up, and the fireworks are going off and the citizens are removing their Guy Fawkes' masks, characters that died through the film, appear again.

Deitrich
Valerie
Little Glasses Girl

All reappear in the sequence.....Why?

-R

I'm guessing they were going for symbolism, to show that everyone who had died was in some form V.

Bingo. V is all of us.
Yeah, I got that with the whole, "He was my mother, my father, my brother, my friend. He was you, he was me, all of us." Line. But how and why are these people back from the dead?

-R

Symbolism, like swordmaster says. V is the face of the oppressed.

Wasn't Hugo Weaving himself (real face and whatnot) in that crowd too?

Yeah, I got that with the whole, "He was my mother, my father, my brother, my friend. He was you, he was me, all of us." Line. But how and why are these people back from the dead?

-R

The scene is not to be taken literally. It is illustrating what Evey is saying, "V was my father, he was me, he was you..." etc.

The scene is not to be taken literally. It is illustrating what Evey is saying, "V was my father, he was me, he was you..." etc.

Precisely. If you look closely, you'll even see Hugo Weaving is one of the people who takes off the mask.

Nighthawk_Fan said:
How is this movie? I still haven't seen it yet.
Very good. It's one of my favorite comic book movies personally.

It looks very interesting. Never read the comics, though. I think I'll check it out next week from the video store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"