Vantage Point

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13835

Source: Variety
March 28, 2006

Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox (Lost) are close to signing to topline Columbia Pictures' Vantage Point for producer Neal H. Moritz. Pete Travis is directing, says Variety.

The film, written by Barry L. Levy, is a Rashomon-style thriller that depicts the attempted assassination of the president from five different points of view. Quaid and Fox will star as secret service agents.

Moritz is producing via his Original Film production company. Original's Tania Landau executive produces.

Quaid can next be seen in Universal's American Dreamz and Fox is currently in pre-production on Warner Bros.' We Are Marshall.

Story sounds promising but im not familiar with the director

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15024

Sigourney Weaver is the Point Person

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
June 16, 2006

Sigourney Weaver is in talks to join the cast of Columbia Pictures' Vantage Point, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, William Hurt and Forest Whitaker already have signed on to the thriller.

Directed by Pete Travis from a Barry Levy screenplay, the story chronicles an assassination attempt on the U.S. president (Hurt) and is told from five points of view, unfolding in 15-minute increments.

Weaver will play a TV news producer for a CNN-type network who will do anything to get the story.

Neal Moritz is producing, while Tania Landau is executive producing. Shooting starts Sunday in Mexico City.

kuato.jpg

QUAAAIIIIIIDDDDD!!!!

I don't expect this movie to be very watchable. Quaid and Fox are both very talented but also somewhat milquetoasty actors. Together with the procedural plot (even if it is done from a multilinear perspective, or whatever) it seems to amount to something in the same family as "The Sentinel", another movie I have no desire to ever see.

i really liked this trailer :up:

http://canmag.com/nw/7954-vantage-point-movie-trailer
Hot damn! Where did this film come from? A thriller featuring a strong cast including Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, William Hurt, Forest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver, Zoe Saldana, and Edgar Ramirez, Vantage Point has released its terrorizing trailer online.

Movie Trailer: Vantage Point

In Columbia Pictures' Vantage Point, Thomas Barnes (Dennis Quaid) and Kent Taylor (Matthew Fox), are two Secret Service agents assigned to protect President Ashton (William Hurt) at a landmark summit on the global war on terror. When President Ashton is shot moments after his arrival in Spain, chaos ensues and disparate lives collide. In the crowd is Howard Lewis (Forest Whitaker) an American tourist video taping the historic event to show his kids when he returns home. Also there is Rex (Sigourney Weaver) an American TV news producer who is reporting on the conference. It's only as we follow each person's perspective of the same 15 minutes prior to and immediately after the shooting that the terrifying truth behind the assassination attempt is revealed.

What the synopsis doesn't say is that all craziness ensues with explosions to boot.
trailer
http://video.msn.com/v/us/fv/fv.htm??g=7d4b91f3-2fe3-482e-aec8-ce896f8aef7d&f=01/64&fg

looks pretty intense.

Ah the joy of merging two threads on the same page:oldrazz::cwink:

Trailer looks really good,very strong cast and multi layered plotting:up:

Ah the joy of merging two threads on the same page:oldrazz::cwink:

Trailer looks really good,very strong cast and multi layered plotting:up:

:woot:
I swear I did a search:csad: :oldrazz:
Thanks Hunter, it's early.:woot:

I must see this film in theaters.

:csad: if only I could land a job.

When is this coming out?

February 2008, so you've got lots of time.

If I can't find a job by then...well, I'll be all :csad:. I did have a job...but my hours were getting cut when we were shorthanded on staff.

Is this set to be a big release that month of next year? Like will...this dominate that month?

Wow, pretty trippy preview, I'm definitely looking forward to that.

This movie looks great, i can't stop watching the trailer. I also love the music they used in the trailer! Great cast, suck they have to release it in February! :(

Is this set to be a big release that month of next year? Like will...this dominate that month?
I doubt it'll get much in the way of marketing attention, if that's what you mean. I still can't wait for it. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"