Vantage Point

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Hunter Rider, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hunter Rider Ronin

Saw it today, I liked the way the rewinds revealed another piece of puzzle, building up to the climactic last 20 minutes as all the strands came together and played out.

All the acting was good and the film had a vibrancy to it, Pete Travis has a good eye and made some great shot selections, the car chase was awesome and the tracking shot of Air force lifting off from the underpass was very effective.

7.5/10

2. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

Saw this at the weekend and i have to say i really enjoyed it.

it hit me about three rewinds in that the
    podium explosion was only ever shown form two angles plus a spilt second shot of whoever's 'vantage point' it was.

I thought that was a nice touch.

While i didn't get the whole
    fox is a bad guy twist untill the revealed it i did find myself wondering where the hell he'd gone

i found that the whole wait
    for the podium explosion
    kept the suspense up for me. each time i was thinking 'ok thats happend, and that, next was the XXX'

Over all i'd give this a 8/10. it loses a point from me because i don't think this is the kind of movie you can watch over and over again

3. Lobo Liv is Life

I'm waiting for the dvd on this the trailers didn't appeal to me enough to justify spending 12 bucks plus train fare on it. From yuo guys review it seems a decent flick though

4. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

to be honest had i known what was going to happen after the showing i'd probably not gone and decided to do what you're going to do.