Vegas shooting

Still bewildering that there is still no reason for this. :( You'd think something this brazen, someone would leave a note. :(

I hate to ask, but is that a legit news site?

Daily Star is an awful source but that photo is legitimate. Obviously the note could say anything though, not necessarily a motive (although it seems likely.)
As a criminology student, trust me there will be some sort of motive. Random violence or "wanting the highest score" doesn't genuinely exist, there is always a genuine motive. Sometimes even the perpetrator doesn't realise it.

I've seen a lot of people suggest he had a tumour, or found out he was dying. That's not a bad guess but having a tumour would suggest that he "snapped" - like Charles Whitman - but it's not like this guy grabbed a gun and climbed a bell tower. This was a well planned, pre-meditated act. Some have also suggested that he was, or was about to be, losing his fortune. Again, not a bad guess but surely the internet would have unearthed some evidence of this? And with spending what he did on his guns, his hotel rooms, wiring money to his girlfriend... it just doesn't add up.

What intrigues me the most, from an investigatory p.o.v, is that he filmed himself, presumably carrying out the attack. We know he had a camera outside the door, at the door and one aimed at his position in front of one of the windows. It's that camera that intrigues me. The first two were obviously "Look-outs" so he could kill himself before SWAT got him, but why film himself? It has been done before so killers can revel in their work, but if he knew he was going to kill himself? Maybe he watched the footage back between him stopping shooting and the cops verging on him, but that's a bit of a stretch. The whole process of him recording himself feels like a bit of a message. But hey, this is all completely speculative and I can't remember any case where we've known so little at this point. I think we can all agree he was one ****ed up dude and he got off lightly with suicide.

Huh. I didn't know he recorded himself, I had thought he was only watching the SWAT guys. I do hope a motive is revealed, but maybe the mystery of it was part of his scheme. Who knows?

My flat earth believer brother thinks the Vegas shooting was a hoax.

Sunday's Thanksgiving dinner should be a barrel of laughs.

My flat earth believer brother thinks the Vegas shooting was a hoax.

Sunday's Thanksgiving dinner should be a barrel of laughs.

Kinda hard to fake something like this, innit? It's on every news outlet.

Kinda hard to fake something like this, innit? It's on every news outlet.

He's talking about someone who believes the earth is flat......reality doesn't come into play here.

Thanks, I now know what actually exists and doens't

I understand this, but I also think its as little ridiculous. Anyone who would be uncomfortable with the sight of guns and violence due to the Vegas shooting should know just not to attend the panel. Nobody walking into this could claim they are surprised by what they are getting themselves into.

I don't think its the actions, so much as what the Punisher represents. He is the ultimate fantasy of "a good guy with a gun".

Are they now going to postpone or cancel the show? Which a) shouldn't happen and b) makes this whole thing feel more like a bit of lip service.

I understand this, but I also think its as little ridiculous. Anyone who would be uncomfortable with the sight of guns and violence due to the Vegas shooting should know just not to attend the panel. Nobody walking into this could claim they are surprised by what they are getting themselves into.

It's just a proper reading of mood of the situation. No one is going to want to cheer at the Punisher mowing down bad guys with a machine gun when just a few days ago we literally saw a video of a guy doing it to a crowd of people. The sound of the gunfire and people screaming is going to haunt me for awhile.

Are they now going to postpone or cancel the show? Which a) shouldn't happen and b) makes this whole thing feel more like a bit of lip service.

The show is done, they aren't going to cancel it. However, if they were planning on releasing the series as a surprise during NYCC, that's definitely not going to happen. I anticipate a late November release.

I don't think its the actions, so much as what the Punisher represents. He is the ultimate fantasy of "a good guy with a gun".

Eh, I don't know that Frank Castle has been portrayed as a "good guy" for a very long time. More often than not the modern iterations of the character tend to show him as a sad and deranged man more than anything else.

Eh, I don't know that Frank Castle has been portrayed as a "good guy" for a very long time. More often than not the modern iterations of the character tend to show him as a sad and deranged man more than anything else.

Which means the legions of nerds will love him.

This guy apparently had plans to escape which is incredible. Usually these guys are on a suicide mission.

This guy apparently had plans to escape which is incredible. Usually these guys are on a suicide mission.

Well, that explains the wire transfers, I guess.

What kind of weirdo sees a shooting massacre and thinks "I want the firearms and accessories the gun man had"

It's all about being told you can't have something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"