World Venom mask: in progress

SpidermanC

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm starting a [accurate] replica venom mask, and have all the ideas and materials to make it. I'm trying to figure out what pose his face should be in, because the jaw won't be moveable. So before I start, I'd like to ask you guys what's your favorite/preferred position of venom's face? (pictures rather than descriptions would be nice.)

These are two of my favorites:
2003965849785614279_rs.jpg

2000882647899932849_rs.jpg

I'd say go with the top picture. If the jaw's not moveable the top one looks like an evil grin where the bottom one just looks like a mouth-breather. Either one would look great for a still-shot, but you don't see (too many) people walking around with their mouth wide open all the time, so why should Venom?:cwink: Plus you don't need to worry as much about the illusion of depth required with an open mouth mask.

I'd say go with the top picture. If the jaw's not moveable the top one looks like an evil grin where the bottom one just looks like a mouth-breather. Either one would look great for a still-shot, but you don't see (too many) people walking around with their mouth wide open all the time, so why should Venom?:cwink: Plus you don't need to worry as much about the illusion of depth required with an open mouth mask.
Veru true, you do have a point.

Brado, I've made a Venom head bust with the open mouth before. It looked good, but I didn't know how to mold it and stuff so it went to waste. Now I actually know what I'm doing, so I can finish it right. LOL :)

Anyways I think the first one looks BA. It will be a lot harder to make the closed mouth one because of the fabric mask, and the detail... but it will look nice. So I'm leaning towards doing that one, unless anyone else has suggestions. I won't get started on making it utill mid next week. I'm just doing sample stuff & templates right now.

Here's a picture of a sample eye (not accurate web pattern or eye shape). Not to happy with the web color..
196095275141_0_0.jpg

Here's a unpainted sample tooth.
196095966853_0_0.jpg

Brado, I've made a Venom head bust with the open mouth before. It looked good, but I didn't know how to mold it and stuff so it went to waste. Now I actually know what I'm doing, so I can finish it right. LOL :)

Anyways I think the first one looks BA. It will be a lot harder to make the closed mouth one because of the fabric mask, and the detail... but it will look nice. So I'm leaning towards doing that one, unless anyone else has suggestions. I won't get started on making it utill mid next week. I'm just doing sample stuff & templates right now.

Here's a picture of a sample eye (not accurate web pattern or eye shape). Not to happy with the web color..
196095275141_0_0.jpg

Here's a unpainted sample tooth.
196095966853_0_0.jpg
Nice! It defenitley looks great so far. :up:

So far it looks great....Try drawing a draft first so you know what you want.

(and pic # 2, venom is known for the open fangs)

Hope that helps!

196640948485_0_0.jpg

Another sample tooth; only this time it's painted. Not quite contempt with the color of the 'top' of the gums. As for everything else.. I love it:woot:.

Hey guys. Sorry... no update. I've been busy with school and such. I plan to work on it in a little though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"