Victor/sabertooth? and other questions

The Slang

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'll admit I don't know too much about the pre x-men wolverine history, but there were a few things that confused me.

Wolverine's brother victor, is this sabertooth? I mean are they meant to be the same character? I didn't know wolverine had a brother with similar powers, but I do know that sabertooth has a healing factor and more animalistic features than wolverine. But were they ever related before the movie?
And if so, why are they just enemies in the X-men series. and why wouldn't sabertooth mention something to wolverine?

Also, the bone-claw idea is a relatively new one in wolverines history isnt it?. If i'm not mistaken, the concept of wolverine having bone claws before getting the adamantium, only came about in the comics after magneto stripped the adamantium. I think I would have been happy without them.

Was there ever an explanation for where adamantium comes from before the movie? I personally like the meteor idea, but am confused as to how they could create such a large amount of the substance.

And while Im here... deadpool? Reynolds is great for the part, but sadly he was underused... a scene with the mask wouldve been cool too. Did he wear his mask at that point in the characters history?

Oh and the blob... he wasn't meant to be in weapon x was he? And what exactly was his power if he put the weight on afterwards?

first of all how many lines did Sabertooth from x men 1 have he barely spoke was more of a mute brute.

Also wasn't there a shot from x men 1 where sabertooth was at the base with magneto and toad he had wolverine's tags in his hands after the brawl in the snow?

Victor Creed/Sabretooth was confirmed as being Wolverines brother in the movie but only hinted at being a possibility in the comic.

Wolverine claws...he never had bone claws OR we were all lead to believe he never had bone claws and that the adamantium claws were given to him to fit his nature. There was a retcon to Wolverine to include bone claws after Magneto ripped the metal out through his pores.

Adamantium was made in a lab. It was an attempt to recreate Captain America's shield.

Deadpool...he did wear a mask. When he was in the Weapon X program he had cancer. He received the healing factor ability from Wolverine (just like Silverfox) which constantly heals his body from the cancer but had a side effect of causing tumors to be spread throughout his body hence the mask. No, he did not become weapon XI. There was no such thing.

I'll admit I don't know too much about the pre x-men wolverine history, but there were a few things that confused me.

Wolverine's brother victor, is this sabertooth? I mean are they meant to be the same character? I didn't know wolverine had a brother with similar powers, but I do know that sabertooth has a healing factor and more animalistic features than wolverine.

Yes. Victor Creed is Sabretooth. Funny enough, a friend of mine asked this earlier today. She had no idea Victor Creed and Sabretooth are the same person until we began discussing the movie.

But were they ever related before the movie?

I don't believe anything has been expressly mentioned in the books. This is a liberty taken by production for the sake of the movie.

In X4.. Mr. Sinister should capture Angel turning him into Archangel.

Along the way.. a hint or note that Victor Creed was also used by Mr. Sinister... creating Sabertooth.

Something along those lines. But that would have to be the end of baddies experimenting on others.

Personally, I don't care if we ever figure out what happened to Creed.. I just want to see Archangel and think this would be an easy way to explain it quickly.

At this point, I don't really care if there isn't an explanation for Sabretooth either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"