Sabertooth is not dead!!!

Knightsaber Priss

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
For crying out loud, it just irritates me when non-comic knowledgeable movie fans keep telling me Sabertooth is dead!!! I believe Sabertooth has come back from alot worse than a Cyclops optic blast to the chest in the comics. But these morons keep insisting to me, despite all of my comic knowledge (And the movies do borrow alot from the comics too.) that A.) Sabertooth is not related to Wolverine. (I admit this is a comic device but with Marvel's ties to the franchise you never know when this will pop up. They've barely scratched the surface with Sabes and Wolvie's past.) B.) He does not have a healing factor despite the fact he took several jabs in the chest from Wolverine. Mark my words, if they ever do start up a series of Wolverine spinoff movies, they must elucidate on the Wolverine/Sabertooth connection. Plus, I'd kinda like to see how they's portray Sabertooth and Wolverine going completely feral. You comic fans know what I'm talking about when they go so out of control their pupils go white and their hair grows out really wild. It would be kinda terrifying yet cool to see them in such a dangerous state of aggression.

Ya, I hate when non-comic wolverine fans try and tell me what woverines past is and what happen in his life, I tell them there is 30 years of wolverine written in comics to show that the movies are ay off. Don't get me wrong alot of people get comics because of the movie, but I just hate when they think they know more because they have seen two movies.

the Wolverine movie is coming and I am not sure what they will try to say about Sabretooth, but I am sur he will make an appearance.

I heard the spinoff might be based more on Wolverine's exploits in Japan. whether that's true or not, I don't know. But there is a wealth of comics to draw from in regards to a Wolverine movie. I think it would be integral though to introduce the crazy relationship between Wolverine and Sabertooth since they go hand in hand in terms of backgrounds. Plus omitting Sabertooth or relegating him to second string villain would be a travesty to the faithful Wolverine/Sabertooth fanbase, whom such a spinoff would be aiming at.

Oh, forgot to mention, one such girl who's watched just the movis says that Sabertooth is dead because it's the movies. That might be true it's movie continuity but that doesn't lend credibility to the argument that Sabertooth is dead. So what if it's a movie continuity.

I doubt that either Sabretooth and Toad are dead in the movie!verse...We may not see them again, but the X-Men are trained to use their powers to defend themselves, not to kill. Cyclops' would've have blasted Sabretooth out into the sea if he didn't already know that he could take it..The same with Storm and Toad..

and if they were truly dead, they wouldn't have been considered to be a part of a script for X2...

-TNC

Yes,it irritates me as well to hear people say both Sabretooth and Toad are dead.

TNC9852002 said:
I doubt that either Sabretooth and Toad are dead in the movie!verse...We may not see them again, but the X-Men are trained to use their powers to defend themselves, not to kill. Cyclops' would've have blasted Sabretooth out into the sea if he didn't already know that he could take it..The same with Storm and Toad..

and if they were truly dead, they wouldn't have been considered to be a part of a script for X2...

-TNC

Well, if the rumors of a Wolverine spinoff series are true, we will see Sabertooth in the movie Universe soon. I'm just imploring Fox and Marvel to give Tyler Mane another chance and a bigger salary hike since he as Sabertooth should be given main villain status in a Wolvie movie. But I highly doubt they would do that because he's just a "stupid wrestler" who doesn't deserve to be given a chance as an actor. :rolleyes:

Abaddon said:
Yes,it irritates me as well to hear people say both Sabretooth and Toad are dead.

What truly vexes me though is that these people will say Sabertooth doesn't have a healing factor like Wolverine yet in X1 he took stabs in the chest from Wolverine and shrugged them off, which baffles these idiots more. I like to tell them to go buy backissues of the comics that are not millenial or Ultimate X-Men issues.

Sabretooth is in the X-Men III game, and he was in that X2 Wolverine issue in 2003.

I think Sabortooth will be the main villian in the first Wolverine movie, and probably will show their connection to each other and to weapon x.

I can't imagin another villian as the main villian in the very first Wolverine movie (other than the bald doctor guy who lead weapon X and gave him his claws), it Sabortooth is like Wolverine's Joker.
They might, however, get a different actor to play him and give him a different look.

Well, I'd be as pleased as punch if they made Sabertooth the main villain in the Wolverine movie. And I'd love to see if Tyler Mane can pull it off. I didn't think his line delivery in Black Mask 2 (Pretty wretched film that's an in name only sequel to Jet Li's far superior original, but hey, I love me some bad movies.) was all that bad so I'd think he could do the character justice. Plus after getting the role of Sabretooth he did his homework by reading up on Sabes in the comics so he'd be that much more knowlegeable about the character and his feud with Wolverine. And besides, who else could you see as Sabretooth but Tyler Mane?

Yeah when I hear that it pisses me off as well. Especially when you can point to the Toad yell AFTER he got hit, meaning he was still alive and also Cyke's optic blasts are CONCUSSIVE so Sabertooth will at most be knocked out after that blast.

Oh thank god...people who know the comics, your right sabertooth has to be in the first movie, they still need to explain the dog tag connection, now i know this is going to piss some of you off, i read in an article about the wolvie spinoff someone put in there about the weapon x program which had REPLACED his skelton with the adman, i just about **** myself when i heard that, either way im hyped for wolvie movie, on another note if they do a wolvie movie based on him in japan what about the first mini series he had, those four comics were really good i think it would make a good movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"