Video Game Character Redesigns

how about a sonya blade redesign?

Gambit_Fan said:
this thread has died please people keep it going
I tried, but anything I post is generally ignored, so what's the point?

Does fan-made concept art for the cover of Max Payne 3 count? Because if it does, here's my first attempt at it. 5 points to whoever can guess the reference for Max.

mp3finalcopy.jpg

Is it just me, or does he look like Keanu Reeves to you? Maybe it's just the long coat...

It is Reaves. That's the only image I found that would work right. 5 points for you.

This one, I made about a year ago. The reference is a piece of art someone else did (can't remember who). It's been resized by Photobucket.

MaxPayne3Version1BMP.bmp

hey razia i feel your pain nobody said nothing bout my art well ur art is cool but i ve never played silent hill so i cant say that much sry

Thanx. The theme of this board seems to be that only artwork that's either based on a really popular subject (ie: Spider-man, Sin City, etc.), or is mind-blowingly good is commented on. I'm not being whiny or anything--just pointing out that it's kind of a waste of my time to post artwork if no one is going to comment on it *shrugs*

Razia said:
Thanx. The theme of this board seems to be that only artwork that's either based on a really popular subject (ie: Spider-man, Sin City, etc.), or is mind-blowingly good is commented on. I'm not being whiny or anything--just pointing out that it's kind of a waste of my time to post artwork if no one is going to comment on it *shrugs*
Well, with all due respect, this IS a comic board. What do you expect? I have the same problem, hence why I stopped posting artwork here.

Drakon said:
Well, with all due respect, this IS a comic board. What do you expect? I have the same problem, hence why I stopped posting artwork here.
i just generally pissed off any fans i might of had, hahahaha.

oh well.

Drakon said:
Well, with all due respect, this IS a comic board. What do you expect?
Well, I sell artwork at comic book conventions (most of it fan art) and while the popular subject matter does sell better, the other stuff that's good also gets attention. So I guess I expected it to be the same deal here. But, hey--live and learn.

I have the same problem, hence why I stopped posting artwork here.
Well, at least I'm not the only one. ^.^

So I guess we should start the criticizing process. All right:

The turtles: Very good, well drawn, beautiful.
Female Dante: Awesome, well-drawn and coloured.
Saddam as Mario: Lame, but funny
Ape Escape: If it's all done in paint, pretty good.
MGS: Cool
Vega (?): Pretty cool
Harry Mason: I like that much more than Konami's CG render
Max Payne 3: The jury's still out on that

Alright folks, let's revive the thread. If you've done any art based on a video game, no matter how crappy, post here. I know there's a bunch of you who can do this. I know it's not much coming from me, but hey.

Here is some work of mine that was published in the most recent issue of PSM (Unofficial Playstation Magazine)

snakeeater2.jpg

snakeeater3.jpg

No stealing without my permission, please. Graci. :)

That's some awesome art, Morph...

so.... does turning a game controller into a sexy chick count as a redesign? if so... i've been making a NES controller into a lady tonite...

****ing awesome Morph.

And if it's vid-game related, go right ahead.

COOL !COOL! COOL !COOL !COOL! COOL! (OUCH!!!brother slaps me out of trance)

pretty cool, boy, especially the first one

I love the she-mario and the classic chick should be an actual video game.

The Spawn said:
The influence for this thread I'm guessin', not mines...I'll find the artist later:

1111500121209.jpg
why does dante have ****?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"