Venom Villain of the Venom movie

Isn’t it rumoured that Woody Harrelson is playing Carnage? If so I hope they don’t pull a Green Goblin in AS2 where he becomes Green Goblin for a tacked on action scene at the end.
I'd prefer that over a Rhino from AS2 scenario... which is more along the lines of what I'm expecting.

I'm pretty sure Riz Ahmed is the villain here and Harrelson has a tiny cameo that's sequel set-up.

I don't think it is a good idea to tease about Carnage and leave him for the sequel. Then we don't see him at all if this movie doesn't do well.

I don't think it is a good idea to tease about Carnage and leave him for the sequel. Then we don't see him at all if this movie doesn't do well.

Yeah I agree I think it was a mistake. A ballsy one. But they did the same with Green Lantern

There are many abbreviated plot-points fast-forwarded through in the Venom: Lethal Protector story arc (as can be seen here: ). A couple other villains alluded to for the first time include:

A) Roland Treece
Only Appearances:

Venom: Lethal Protector
Spiderman: The Arachnis Project

Summary from these Appearances:
An underground lost section of San Francisco (after 1906 Earthquake) occupied by an underground militia of homeless people is introduced one of several sub-plots in "Venom: Lethal Protector". Roland Treece (founder of Treece International, member of the Life Foundation, and creator of "The Diggers") of course tries to kick them out seeking gold in the area for local doomsday preppers.

He does this through utilizing a crew (presumably goons for hire or people on payroll of either Treece International or the Life Foundation) that go down into the tunnels to scare the underground militia and strongarm them while wearing "Digger's" suits as part of the mining operation (in later comic appearances, strong-arming in general for Roland Treece seems to be main purpose).

These suits are described as: "giant, robotic suits that provide the user with enhanced strength, durability and resistance to injury. Diggers are equipped with various weaponry including a diamond drill, laser cutters, and a sound shovel that emits sonic beams - a weapon particularly effective against creatures like Venom" (Diggers (Character) - Comic Vine)

latest

3474929-diggers-venom-lethal_protector%231.jpg

B) "The Jury"
Team Members (Gathered together by General Orwell Taylor father of Hugh Taylor):
Curtis Elkins (Sentry); co-worker of Hugh's
Samuel Caulkin (Ramshot), an army buddy of Hugh's
Maxwell Taylor (Screech) Hugh's younger brother
Firearm; co-worker of Hugh's
Bomblast; co-worker of Hugh's

Appearances:
1989: Amazing Spider-Man 315
Venom is in a high-tech prison called the Vault killing a prison guard that's later revealed to be the impetus for the formation of "The Jury".

1993: Venom: Lethal Protector 6 issue Miniseries
The 1st Appearance of the Jury in which Hugh Taylor, the guard’s father, modifies the Vault guard's armour (derived from stolen designs by Tony Stark) finding Venom jumping around San Francisco in midst of dealing with entirely different situation involving Roland Treece. Ironically, Venom is then helped out by Treece to avoid the Jury before being betrayed and delivered to the Life Foundation.

1993-1994: Amazing Spiderman 383-385
Jury go after Spider-Man blaming him for creation of Venom.

1994-1995: Venom: The Arachnis Project
The team deviates from original purpose as shady deal made with Life Foundation (General Orwell a shareholder) to guard life foundation clients in their doomsday bunkers. After Carlton Drake's transformation into a monster General Orwell and Roland Treece flee later getting arrested.

1995: Venom: Sinner Takes All
The Jury re-invents themselves with General Orwel Taylor no longer involved. Whysper is introduced and takes Screech's place on the team.

1996: Venom: The Hunted

1999: Thunderbolts Vol.1 23,28,32

2008: Thunderbolts Breaking Point #1

2009: The Amazing Spider-man Family #7-9

Screen-Shot-2017-10-18-at-1.44.00-AM.png

latest

Edit: Did a publication history/synopsis on Carlton Drake/Life Foundation as well as the Life Foundation Symbiotes here:Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 3

Last edited:
I really thought the Jury along with General Orwell Taylor were going to be the antagonists for this movie, not Carlton Drake
turning into a symbiote.

I thought so too.

Vault Facility or Underground San Francisco creating an environment reminiscent of Alien 3 with armored guards, human experiments, duplicitous business men, doomsday preppers, and the like.

I do think Carnage will be the villain in the 2nd and 3rd perhaps a Planet of the Symbiotes adaptation so lots of Symbiotes which will work as well I suppose.

I think Carnage would be far too much for the first film, especially an origin film. A film featuring Carnage would have to have a large focus on him imo.

My approach would have been different to this. If I had to make a Venom movie that had no Spider-Man, I would have made this like a monster noir. I would have had Brock looking for a local serial killer. When he tracks him down, science stuff happens and they both get exposed to symbiotes. The from there, Brock is trying to prevent himself from going insane while Cassidy drives further into it. All the while, they search for Carnage to stop him. I also would have intentionally made this more stylistic and heavily shadowed. That's just a rough concept. I think of it as Alien meets Zodiac.

Dr. Carlton Drake will take a Symbiote and go against Venom. That's what I think. Kinda predictible if you ask me.

Never heard of Riot before so not sure if his design was accurate but I think they should have gone with a different colour, maybe something lighter as it was hard to tell at times who was who in the final battle.

Should we talk in this thread about which villains we'd like to see in the future, besides/after Carnage?
One can hope this will be a franchise.

I would like to see Venom take on the Demogoblin, who works perfectly also when removed from the Hobgoblin legacy.
I'd argue he has been as much of a Venom villain as a Spidey one, so fair to "borrow".

It could be interesting to contrast Eddie's definition of bad people with that of an even more ruthless demonic "protector".
And it would be nice seeing Venom against someone with a completely different power set, based in one of his weaknesses (fire) to boot.

Last edited:
Should we talk in this thread about which villains we'd like to see in the future, besides/after Carnage?

I would like to see Venom take on the Demogoblin, who works perfectly also when removed from the Hobgoblin legacy.
I'd argue he has been as much of a Venom villain as a Spidey one, so fair to "borrow".

It could be interesting to contrast Eddie's definition of bad people with that of an even more ruthless demonic "protector".
And it would be nice seeing Venom against someone with a completely different power set, based in one of his weaknesses (fire) to boot.

Ideally? I think it'd be cool to see:

Venom 2: Maximum Carnage (Carnage kicks Venom's ass and goes on a killing spree. Spidey shows up in SF, bumps into Brock, Venom takes Spidey as a new more powerful host in an attempt to take on Kasady. Brock gets jealous of Peter. Peter doesnt want Venom. Queue belltower sequence or equivalent. Spidey and Venom team up against Carnage.)

Venom 3: Agent Venom (Brock and Venom have separated. Venom is under US government control for special ops missions. Perhaps these do involve Tony Revolori's Flash, but perhaps not. Venom goes AWOL. Brock shows back up as Anti-Venom to reign the symbiote in.)

I wouldn't mind DemoGoblin. Just don't name him in the film and remove any Goblin connection.

Ideally? I think it'd be cool to see:

Venom 2: Maximum Carnage (Carnage kicks Venom's ass and goes on a killing spree. Spidey shows up in SF, bumps into Brock, Venom takes Spidey as a new more powerful host in an attempt to take on Kasady. Brock gets jealous of Peter. Peter doesnt want Venom. Queue belltower sequence or equivalent. Spidey and Venom team up against Carnage.)

Venom 3: Agent Venom (Brock and Venom have separated. Venom is under US government control for special ops missions. Perhaps these do involve Tony Revolori's Flash, but perhaps not. Venom goes AWOL. Brock shows back up as Anti-Venom to reign the symbiote in.)

Yeah... we're NEVER seeing Flash as Agent Venom. Not so long as the Spider-man movies have that bastardised version of Flash.

That's not to say I would never do Agent Venom. In my opinion they could recast
John Jamieson with a potential leading actor and say he didn't actually die at the beginning of Venom. It was never explicitly shown or stated. They could have him return and steal Venom from Eddie saying he has studied the symbiotes after his experience and now works black ops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"