Venom Venom: The Last Dance

Reaction score
https://screenrant.com/venom-3-movie-updates-news/

With Venom Let There Be Carnage possibly having the highest grossing opening weekend of 2021, its only a matter of time before Sony Pictures confirms Venom 3 for 2023 or 2024. What do you want for the 3quel? Another symbiote with a different color? A crossover with someone? Do you want a new director or keep Andy Serkis?

I want Andy to remain a director and Carnage has to come back and he can do it because, as we saw, he bound to Cletus on a molecular level, which means it can recreate itself. I even have an idea for a scene, some part of Carnage reenacts from Venom, then bound to some guy and starts to eat him from within and recreate Cletus.

Last edited:
So I'm not a fan of these movies per say, but with the ending sequence, the next movie could be fun. I say it's Venom vs Spider-Man and in the end they team up to face....Venom. Who would be the MCU version, but not Eddie Brock. It would be Mac Gargan, still pissed about the events of homecoming and hunting down Spider-Man. Spider-Man thinks it s the brock version. Shennigans ensue. that seems about on par with what this franchise is going for.

If we're in the Venom 3 thread then I suppose it's fair game to discuss the Venom 2 mid-credit stuff so...

Given how the scene was the Venom symbiote talking about the secrets of their race through countless realities (or something similar to that hinting to multiverse shenanigan's) and then they're transported to the MCU the Venom symbiote says "that guy..." when looking at Peter. It felt like it knew who he was. This might be a crazy longshot but what if this Venom symbiote has knowledge that another version of itself was attached to a Peter Parker (SM3) and that Peter Parker killed it so it holds a grudge?

Might be a way to connect the two, even furthering the connections between every movie, I don't know if it's a good way but it's a way lol. Could you imagine if Topher Grace Venom showed up... Or maybe it's as simple as "they say on the news this guy is bad, let's get him."

got a friend who's been doing a deep dive into Symbiote lure... and keeps going on about a theory that Anne could be pregnant was Dylan Brock due to her interaction with the the Venoms symbiote, and that he would be the only one powerful enough to defeat Knull... but I don't see them going that far into the the Symbiote world

If we're in the Venom 3 thread then I suppose it's fair game to discuss the Venom 2 mid-credit stuff so...

Given how the scene was the Venom symbiote talking about the secrets of their race through countless realities (or something similar to that hinting to multiverse shenanigan's) and then they're transported to the MCU the Venom symbiote says "that guy..." when looking at Peter. It felt like it knew who he was. This might be a crazy longshot but what if this Venom symbiote has knowledge that another version of itself was attached to a Peter Parker (SM3) and that Peter Parker killed it so it holds a grudge?

Might be a way to connect the two, even furthering the connections between every movie, I don't know if it's a good way but it's a way lol. Could you imagine if Topher Grace Venom showed up... Or maybe it's as simple as "they say on the news this guy is bad, let's get him."
I was half expecting it to be Topher Grace coming out of the bathroom in the towel lol

I get Venom maybe having collective knowledge of an alternate version/timeline of having bounded too a Peter Park... but he seemed to react specifically to Tom's Peter Parker, which is what through me off in this scene

I wouldn't mind an Into the Venom-verse movie or seeing Carnage return because Woody still needs his due as Cletus imo. Other than that I'd like to see them think what villains they can use that aren't symbiotes.

I wonder what they have in store for Toxin as he was a good guy in the comics.

I wonder what they have in store for Toxin as he was a good guy in the comics.

Toxin could always be a good guy and an antagonist to Venom. Venom does eat people, so maybe Toxin pursues Venom for his various crimes, only now powered by a better symbiote so he can actually defeat Venom.

Toxin could always be a good guy and an antagonist to Venom. Venom does eat people, so maybe Toxin pursues Venom for his various crimes, only now powered by a better symbiote so he can actually defeat Venom.

That’s a good point SF, and Venom did seem to kill a lot of people when he left Eddie for a period.

This could actually be a good way to make/turn Venom into a "villain." Toxin is hunting him down (to bring 'justice' to what he does), so that could in essence make him the de facto villain in that film/situation, and then him being 'villainized' could ultimately make him say "f*** it," and actually go full Villain .... "I tried to protect people, and this is the thanks I get?!" .... "Screw this, I'm eating people" -- (something along those lines ha)

I would guess October like the previous 2 movies. Hope Serkis comes back to direct. I like Fleischer personally but don't think he wants to come back.

I don't want Serkis nor Kelly back for the third outing. They could really make the next film the Thor: Ragnorak of the trilogy by making it feel completely fresh and exciting. I'd prefer Tim Miller, Cathy Yan, or Mark Millar.

I doubt that Sony would go full-fledged villain for Venom. Yes, it would be comic accurate, but casual audiences wouldn't receive it well after two movies of Venom's journey to hero.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Venom 3 borrow a theme from Vol 2 and have Patrick Mulligan decide that symbiotes are too dangerous to multiply on Earth. As Toxin, he could decide to pursue Venom, with neither of them being the villain, just having differing perspectives. This would likely end with them uniting against a common foe, possibly with help from Spider-man, like Knull.

I don't want Serkis nor Kelly back for the third outing. They could really make the next film the Thor: Ragnorak of the trilogy by making it feel completely fresh and exciting. I'd prefer Tim Miller, Cathy Yan, or Mark Millar.

Sounds like you want a different movie than what the audiences love.

Why the **** would Millar be a good choice for what we have established for Venom?

I wouldn't mind Serkis coming back at all and it will be interesting to see Venom as the 'bad guy' with Toxin as the protagonist trying to take him down.

Sounds like you want a different movie than what the audiences love.

Why the **** would Millar be a good choice for what we have established for Venom?

I'm sorry, I wouldn't use the term "love" to describe the film's success nor would I conclude that just because its received mixed reception, critically, as an indicator that you shouldn't fix what ain't broken.

Ultimately, I think the series could be a lot better instead of something ripped from the early 2000s. I mentioned Millar because he's a better director than what we've gotten so far and his mix of dark humor and acceptable violence in a PG-13 format, makes him a perfect match.

I'm non-plussed about keeping Serkis. It was a better film than the first, but aside from that being a low bar, he screwed up Carnage.

On another note, Rhys Ifans mentioned he'd be interested in facing Venom. I think that would be a welcome change to another symbiote villain. Especially if they use the more articulate, British sounding Lizard we saw in No Way Home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"