• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past Villain/s for First Class sequel?

They aren't too ambitious. All of you seriously need to revisit robot/android programs of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

I think there is a way it could be done, even this world is similar to ours there are still sci-fi elements in them, the mutants being the main one of course!

Does this follow in the same continuity as the other 3 X films? I know Hugh Jackman's Wolverine kinda suggests that it does, but it could be one of those cases where the franchise is re-booted but the same actor has come back to play the same role, only we ignore the continuity ala Judi Dench in Bond.

A human group against the mutants won't work, that is unless we are ignoring the continuity, as humans don't know about mutants yet.

If the continuity is not an issue i say bring on the sentinals and the FOH from the 90's cartoon.

This continuity only follows first X2 films at most.

^ :confused: Why exclude the third, since X2 sets up X3..?

Because the last Stand Is a terrable X-Men film.As a followup to one of greatest comic book films of all time(x2) It fails miserably.Bryan Singer was setting up Phoenix as expansion of Jean grey's powers not the split personality of the Last Stand.

First Class ties In with just X-Men and X2.That Is how you should view the films.Just like
The Wolverine should be view not as sequel to X-Men origins:Wolverine but a solo
Wolverine story set before X-Men/X2.

Singer did to some extent to the Last Stand just like when he did Superman returns what he did to superman III and IV.

Ahhhh X continuity.

People can follow X Men first class being connected to all the X films if they want. Theres no way that a general audience member would know X3 is excluded or Wolverine. Who knows, they might even choose to loose connection to X1 in future First Class sequels.

Who cares as long as the films are good and FC continues its own story and continuity.

Sentinels being ambitious is kind of the point.

It's a special concept. Not supposed to be something we have now in the real world.

Because the last Stand Is a terrable X-Men film.As a followup to one of greatest comic book films of all time(x2) It fails miserably.Bryan Singer was setting up Phoenix as expansion of Jean grey's powers not the split personality of the Last Stand.

Exactly how do you think Bryan Singer was planning to have Dark Phoenix occur, then? Was Jean just going to randomly become evil?

She was going to be maniuplted by Emma Frost and a version of hellfire club.Emma was going to be changed to empath and would maniuplite Jean's emotions.The maniuplations would lead her down a dark path.

I honestly think the Brotherhood is going to be the first villians the X-Men face, we can hope for someone else but based on the how movie ended, Eric has his brotherhood while Charles has 3 X-men that's if Banshee or Havok stayed we don't really know...but based on how they attacked the CIA at the end I think the gov. will play a key role in trying to stop or track down Magneto w/the X-Men stuck in the middle....

^How will the government know of Magneto though? He wasnt caught breaking in, and Moira's memories of his antics on the beach were wiped by Charles, I doubt that they will know who Magneto is at this point.

I don't see the next movie being only two sides, especially with the end of First Class; It's gonna be Xavier's team, Magneto's Brotherhood, and the U.S. Government in a three way battle.

Ahhhh X continuity.

People can follow X Men first class being connected to all the X films if they want. Theres no way that a general audience member would know X3 is excluded or Wolverine. Who knows, they might even choose to loose connection to X1 in future First Class sequels.

Who cares as long as the films are good and FC continues its own story and continuity.
Yeah, the general audience never have any idea about that kind of thing. The only thing that works in making it clear is full reboots like Batman Begins. Anything else always leads to confusion. I've had so many of these discussions with people on different comic films.

But I agree the main thing by far is how good the films are. It's just annoying when the GA (who understandably don't know) bring up intended inconsistencies as reasons the films are bad.

Mr. Sinister please! :D

I don't know too much about Mr Sinister I know he looks abit vampiric n that so how do u reckon they"d do him? Does he have a human looking alter ego or anything?

Anyone one like the idea, of a Morph type story incorporated? Like Morph will be a spy for Magneto, telling him the goings on at the Xavier camp. Im thinking an american speaking Dan Radcliff

I hink that role would be better suited to Mystique.

^ :confused: Why exclude the third, since X2 sets up X3..?

How about the beginning of X3 where a walking bald Xavier is still friends with Magneto as they visit Jeannes house? As we know in FC Xavier has hair when he is crippled and this is pretty much where he n Magneto are on opposing sides, they're obviously still close buds working together at the start of X3.

I don't know too much about Mr Sinister I know he looks abit vampiric n that so how do u reckon they"d do him? Does he have a human looking alter ego or anything?

Mister Sinister is Nathaniel Essex a 19th Century victorian Scienstis obsessed with Mutants who was mutated by Apocalypse. His the leader of The Marauders and Nasty Boys.

Sinister has assumed many alter egos throught his life including Robert Windsor, Arnold Bocklin, Mike Milbury, Steven Shaffran, Edmond Atkinson, Nate, Administrator Pearson, Nosferatu, Nathan Milbury and Pale Man.

The problem with his character is that Sebastian Shaw was given some of his characteristics and backstory in First class making Mister Sinister some what redundant.

There is a mutant like a vampire called Emplate but I don't think he would make a great villain for the first class sequel.

Mister Sinister is Nathaniel Essex a 19th Century victorian Scienstis obsessed with Mutants who was mutated by Apocalypse. His the leader of The Marauders and Nasty Boys.

Sinister has assumed many alter egos throught his life including Robert Windsor, Arnold Bocklin, Mike Milbury, Steven Shaffran, Edmond Atkinson, Nate, Administrator Pearson, Nosferatu, Nathan Milbury and Pale Man.

The problem with his character is that Sebastian Shaw was given some of his characteristics and backstory in First class making Mister Sinister some what redundant.

There is a mutant like a vampire called Emplate but I don't think he would make a great villain for the first class sequel.

Thanks for that

Sounds interesting, suppose if they used him in FC2 they could use him to set up Apocalypse for FC3. Shame they used some on Sinisters back story for Shaw but maybe they can find a way around that.

Mr. Sinister would be a fitting villain if they are going to have Scott and Jean in the movie. Like I imagine Professor X and the X-Men saving Scott and Jean from Mr. Sinister's mutant experiments.

I hink that role would be better suited to Mystique.

Yeah, but unless Xavier did anything super horrible, I'm not sure she could be persuaded at this time because of her still pretty strong affiliation with Prof. X. It would be as if Mag's asked Mystique to spy on them, refused so he resorts to a different shape-shifter.

why would the spy even have to be a shape-shifter?
he could just sent any young mutant (that
Xavier doesn't know is working with him) to the school

So could someone name EVERY X-Men character that would be considered Magneto's EQUAL? Thanks

Since it now seems likely the next X-Men movie will be based on the 'Days of Future Past" storyline, I guess the Sentinels being the villains is a sure bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"