Days of Future Past First Class Sequel - July 18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
As some of you probably have just seent, Marvel has just announced the Captain America sequel for April 4 of 2014, and we should remember that Amazing Spiderman sequel has a released date too, for May 2....

and if we take a look at current announcements for 2014 on boxoffice mojo, Fox shouldnt wait much more to release the sequel release, if they want to set a great week for the sequel.

Here is the link to announcements to date:

http://boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=bydate&release=theatrical&yr=2014&p=.htm

So... taking all of that into account:

- When do you think it will be a good month for the sequel?

May Is best time.The second marvel studios film will be In June.May was when the 2 biggest US take of X films have been released.Give It Memorial day reease similar to the Last Stand.

Yeah! that would be great!

lets set a new weekend record, Fox! :woot:

Yeah, the first third of the year is best. It'd have little competition and kick off blockbuster season with a bang. :up:

With reports of first Class sequel begins filming In january I think we can pretty much bet on It coming out In May 2014.

Over a year of Production? That would be nice this time around. If it shoots January Im thinking it could be released earlier.

Summer of 2014 is the most likely but I wouldn't be surprised with a November/December 2013 release.

I just dropped this nugget in the Avengers forum after the Cap 2 announcement. With this sequel moving forward enthusiastically, I figured it belongs here too. I predict they'll release it just like The Wolverine, in July of 2014.

2cxutn9.jpg

I can't wait to see Fassbender in the helmet again.

First week of August would be perfect IMO.

The Bourne movies do really well in August as the final event movie of the summer.

May already has 2 superhero movies.

You guys should stop voting for it.

The other one is that unkown Marvel proyect..... maybe they end changing plans. We dont know

I see a Fox release announcement in the next month or so

The sooner they pick a date the better.

Those spots fill up pretty fast.

First week of August would be perfect IMO.

The Bourne movies do really well in August as the final event movie of the summer.

Don't forget how well FOX's Rise of The Planet of The Apes did in August last year.

I'd give it July, but August works too.

Captain America 2 opens In April.The Amazing Spider-Man sequel opens may.Although we don't know how audences will respond to reboot since SPider-Man 3 just opened
5 years ago.The second marvel studios film will be out In june,and we still don't know what It Is.

For the first Class sequel to beguin filming In january holding It for july or AUgust would be an awful long time.Defently unusual for Fox.

maybe they are finally giving the director enough time to finish a movie without rushing it. its good to have more post time. and maybe the movie will be big in scope and they will need that time.

Captain America 2 opens In April.The Amazing Spider-Man sequel opens may.Although we don't know how audences will respond to reboot since SPider-Man 3 just opened
5 years ago.The second marvel studios film will be out In june,and we still don't know what It Is.

For the first Class sequel to beguin filming In january holding It for july or AUgust would be an awful long time.Defently unusual for Fox.

The second Marvel Studios movie for 2014 is scheduled May 16th.

I just we hope we get a good release date which gives the director enough time to make an amazing movie, FC was amazing but could have been even better were it not for the tight schedule, if they have enough time to do so we could have something amazing on our hands for FC2.

May 2014 or July 2014.

The thought of having The Wolverine in 2013 then X-Men: 2nd Class in 2014 makes so happy! :D I don't have to wait that long anymore for a new X-Men movie compare before when we had to wait 3 years for a new X-movie.

I don't think the actual month matters. Its the date they release it in relation to other movies that will be released.

June or July would be my guess. There's currently nothing major between Disney/Pixar's The Good Dinosaur on May 30 and DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon 2 on June 20. They could slot FC2 somewhere between there. Right now there's nothing set for July 2014, so that could work, too.

June or July would be my guess. There's currently nothing major between Disney/Pixar's The Good Dinosaur on May 30 and DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon 2 on June 20. They could slot FC2 somewhere between there. Right now there's nothing set for July 2014, so that could work, too.

The head guy at FOX (forget his name) said they were shooting for a late 2013 or summer 2014 release. As much as I am dying to see it, I really hope they go for summer. It'd give them better box office numbers and give the production team way more time. They did an awesome job with 11 months but the marketing and budget suffered for it, and Vaughn repeatedly mentioned how he hated the short timeline. If they did it to him again I'm not sure he'd sign on for the third one.
Please Fox, let these guys take their time with it to ensure it's as good as the first!

they are already taking their time, Matthew is on board since a pretty decent time ago....

I guess they are still figuring it out when is the best time to release the movie. They will shoot since January of next year, so they still have all these months for pre-production.

If Mattew returned it should be because they agreed to give him more time, as we can see already.

May 2014 or July 2014.

The thought of having The Wolverine in 2013 then X-Men: 2nd Class in 2014 makes so happy! :D I don't have to wait that long anymore for a new X-Men movie compare before when we had to wait 3 years for a new X-movie.

I know I'm really excited too although I'm still worried the Wolverine might get postponed. Is anyone cast apart from Hugh Jackman?

Also I hope Wolverine has another cameo in the First Class sequel (they can't call it 2nd Class can they?) so that he's still been in every X-Men movie.

I think studios have learned their lessons with 2,643,178 superhero movies out in the span of a couple of months. Best to space it out a bit.

I don't know why Marvel is bowing out of the summer. Maybe as respect to Sony/Fox for their properties. You don't want to undermine your own long term properties if you are Disney.

Nonetheless, they are still rival studios. I would slide Cap into July if Sony or Fox is hell bent on May. First Class 2 seems more of a March/April release unless they really plan to scale it up for the sequel, which I doubt. X-Men movies are grounded and do not feature huge action sequences and set pieces, at least not since X-3, which was a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"