Days of Future Past First Class Sequel - July 18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think December is great. OR Memorial Day, and move Apes.

Please, SOMEONE show me some receipts. Show me a time when a major film set a release date that was then followed by another major film setting the same release date with the full intention of "pushing" the other film out.

Marvel Studios and Paramount originally scheduled The Avengers for a July 15, 2011 release the weekend after Iron Man came out. Cue late February 2009, WB set their final HP film, Deathly Hallows: Part 2 for the exact same date.

Cue a few months later, Marvel pushes The Avengers back almost a year to May 4, 2012. If that's not precedence to the studio rivalry going on, then I don't know what is. WB and Fox pitting their big movies against one another isn't new.

Marvel Studios and Paramount originally scheduled The Avengers for a July 15, 2011 release the weekend after Iron Man came out. Cue late February 2009, WB set their final HP film, Deathly Hallows: Part 2 for the exact same date.

Cue a few months later, Marvel pushes The Avengers back almost a year to May 4, 2012. If that's not precedence to the studio rivalry going on, then I don't know what is. WB and Fox pitting their big movies against one another isn't new.
There's nothing in the Marvel article that says anything about July 15th. it simply says "July".

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/the-hobbit-3-scheduled-for-july-18-2014/

The Hobbit: There and Back Again is set to be released on 18, July 2014...The same day of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

I think that Fox will push back the movie. I think september or october 2014 are free now. April/May/June/July/August 2014 are full of comic-book movies, sequels, reboots and prequels. September is way more better now.

LMAO!!! Somewhere out in the desert, Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny secretly shaked hands then drove off in two separate cars.

Phase 1 of project "Marvel's Rights" has just begone.... >:]

#Hobbit, all the way.
Can't wait!

Somebody will have to blink, because those two movies have way too similar fanbases. None of that is counterprogramming. The template is usually giant tentpole flick along with romantic comedy/family adventure/raunchy comedy alongside it.

Somebody will have to blink, because those two movies have way too similar fanbases. None of that is counterprogramming. The template is usually giant tentpole flick along with romantic comedy/family adventure/raunchy comedy alongside it.
When WB set the release date, they had every intention of Fox movie.

A few years ago this wouldn't have happened. But First Class was extremely soft/modest, so as of now they're simply not a threat to anyone. I'm also positive that if it were already announced that Jackman, Berry, McKellen, and Stewart were all returning, this wouldn't have happened.

Last edited:
As for WB's bullying attitude, my vote is that Fox keeps the date and show them. I hope that The Hobbit tanks for good. :cmad:

The LOTR films are 3 for 3. I don't see them folding now.

But keep in mind that if "The Wolverine" under performs, that'll put the pressure on X-men in general and Fox will feel poised to move the release date.

#Hobbit btw....

Rothman should have spent more time worrying about making quality movies and building the franchise and less time cutting corners and trying to get petty revenge on Singer and Marsden.

The LOTR films are 3 for 3. I don't see them folding now.

But keep in mind that if "The Wolverine" under performs, that'll put the pressure on X-men in general and Fox will feel poised to move the release date.

There is no way FOX is going to wait a year to move dates. At most they would wait until December to see how The Hobbit performs. But even that I doubt. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to find a solid date that isn't already taken.

Rothman should have spent more time worrying about making quality movies and building the franchise and less time cutting corners and getting petty revenge on Bryan Singer.
I really don't see how any of that is relevant at this moment.

Rothman should have spent more time worrying about making quality movies and building the franchise and less time cutting corners and trying to get petty revenge on Singer and Marsden.

Wow....get out of my head.

I really don't see how any of that is relevant at this moment.

There's apparently quite a lot you don't see if you haven't yet realized this jockeying for release dates happens every single year.

There is no way FOX is going to wait a year to move dates. At most they would wait until December to see how The Hobbit performs. But even that I doubt. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to find a solid date that isn't already taken.

FC 2 at it's best is no contest against the LOTR's Prequel.

You take Magneto out of FC and it wasn't that good. Many people love the X-men but can't stand Fox(and for good reasoning). The Hobbit and WB have no such setbacks.(Even despite Green Lantern)

So it wouldn't surprise me if Fox is hedging their bets right now.

FC 2 at it's best is no contest against the LOTR's Prequel.
I don't understand why you're stating the obvious. :huh:

You take Magneto out of FC and it wasn't that good. Many people love the X-men but can't stand Fox(and for good reasoning). The Hobbit and WB have no such setbacks.(Even despite Green Lantern)
That is your personal opinion.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Fox is hedging their bets right now.
What does that mean? :huh:

There's apparently quite a lot you don't see if you haven't yet realized this jockeying for release dates happens every single year.
Still waiting for someone to give me an example that mirrors this exact situation.

This was a bullying move by WB and I don't get why people are defending them. Despite my excitement for DoFP, if FOX did this I would not be defending their actions.

This is what it comes down to:

People like The Hobbit. People hate Fox. So even though it was a greasy ****** move by WB, everyone seems to be flocking to their side.

I can guarantee that if the tables were turned and it were FOX who did this, nobody would come to their defense. In fact, it would be the perfect opportunity for people to bash "typical Fox".

Still waiting for someone to give me an example that mirrors this exact situation.

This was a bullying move by WB and I don't get why people are defending them. Despite my excitement for DoFP, if FOX did this I would not be defending their actions.

This is what it comes down to:

People like The Hobbit. People hate Fox. So even though it was a greasy ****** move by WB, everyone seems to be flocking to their side.

I can guarantee that if the tables were turned and it were FOX who did this, nobody would come to their defense. In fact, it would be the perfect opportunity for people to bash "typical Fox".

If Fox was to do this then it would be laughable since Fox has nothing to "Box office Bully" with.

As for the rest..well I don't feel obligated to explain my actions. WB still has more Pro's than Con's and it's already clear I don't like Fox.

They need to stick with "X-files" instead of "X-men". They wont get another red cent out of me until then.

If Fox was to do this then it would be laughable since Fox has nothing to "Box office Bully" with.
So releasing Avatar 2 opposite a DC comic movie that isn't Batman wouldn't be bullying?

As for the rest..well you wont get an explanation out of me. WB still has more Pro's then Con's and it's already clear I don't like Fox.
Studios are studios.

They need to stick with "X-files" instead of "X-men". They wont get another red cent out of me until then.
And yet, they will keep making these X-Men movies until no one wants them anymore. Then they will reboot, and repeat.

But hypothetically speaking, lets say the franchise dries out. Every future X-film bombs horribly. The audience doesn't want it any more. Marvel gets the rights back... So, hooray, Marvel now has a dead franchise audiences don't care about anymore? :huh:

What good would that be for them?

I don't understand why you're stating the obvious. :huh:

That is your personal opinion.

What does that mean? :huh:

1)What, I can't say because you don't wanna hear it? Well there was one guy who's post hopes "The Hobbit" would flop so I guess it's not all that obvious to everyone.
2)It's a public forum where personal opinions are welcome...Just so happens that there are some who would agree.
3)(Sigh)......here you go. http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/hedge-your-bets.html

If Fox is really as hurt as some are trying to make it out to be then they'll have their day of reckoning.

Whenever James Cameron decides to make Avatar 2 then they can return the favor to WB. Case settled.

we get it prime you hate fox but marvel is'nt ever getting it back move on

If Fox is really as hurt as some are trying to make it out to be then they'll have their day of reckoning.

Whenever James Cameron decides to make Avatar 2 then they can return the favor to WB. Case settled.
Personally, I'm not saying Fox is "hurt" in any way. I'm just saying it was a ****** move on WB's part. Because it was...

Eh, he can talk about whatever he wants. It's an open forum. :yay:

So releasing Avatar 2 opposite a DC comic movie that isn't Batman wouldn't be bullying?

Studios are studios.

And yet, they will keep making these X-Men movies until no one wants them anymore. Then they will reboot, and repeat.

But hypothetically speaking, lets say the franchise dries out. Every future X-film bombs horribly. The audience doesn't want it any more. Marvel gets the rights back... So, hooray, Marvel now has a dead franchise audiences don't care about anymore? :huh:

What good would that be for them?
1)Perhaps... But I'm still all for anything that gets the rights back in Marvels hands. Sooner rather than later.

2)I wouldn't know where to begin dissecting this comment. But that's your opinion so you're welcome to it.

3)Wait, so I'm supposed to be manipulated into watching sub-par X-men films in fear that Fox will run the franchise into the ground before relinquishing the rights back to Marvel?

Fair not. I'm told that Marvel has clauses in their contract with Fox that prevents them from doing serious harm to their franchise. Never the less if Nolan could erase the memories of what Schumacher did out of our heads. I'm sure Marvel/Disney would be able to recover X-men.

There's no way those licenses don't have some kind of end date on them. No one signs their **** away for good, or they'd have just outright sold them off.

Wait, so I'm supposed to be manipulated into watching sub-par X-men films in fear that Fox will run the franchise into the ground before relinquishing the rights back to Marvel?
Sounds to me like you don't even care how good any of the future X-Men films can be. So long as it's not MARVEL'S X-MEN you wont like it, no matter how good it is.

There's no way those licenses don't have some kind of end date on them. No one signs their **** away for good, or they'd have just outright sold them off.
So long as Fox keeps making them, they hold on to the rights.

That's what people don't understand. They don't realize how impossible it is for Marvel to get the rights back... and that's the reason I have no time to actually care/hope that Marvel getting the rights back. Just make the films good, that's all I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95