• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Villains you liked in movies you didn't.

Just remembered the dude Zao from Die Another Day. He deserved a much better movie.

weezerspider said:
Lex Luther- Superman Returns
Another reason why I didn't see it; I feared Kevin would be the only thing I liked about it.

Chris Wallace said:
Another reason why I didn't see it; I feared Kevin would be the only thing I liked about it.

I didn't care for Spacey's performance in SR. He was perfectly cast, but Spacey seemed bored in the role. He's a great actor and I assumed he would do great in the role, but he didn't do it for me.

People downed Gene Hackman as Luthor, but at least he had fun and enjoyed being villianous. And Michael Rosenbaum does a great job with a more introspective, angsty Luthor. Spacey came across as a bit robotic, occassionally showing a glimmer of how great he could be in the role-mainly with his first appearance and during the climax. (I'm trying not to spoil anything so I won't tell you why I liked those Luthor scenes best.)

Ugh-I've heard people say the same about Brandon; that he came off rather wooden.

Pyro in X3.

Though he was far better in X2, The third film was such a mess and Pyro was nummed down to a henchman with little characterization.

Chris Wallace said:
Ugh-I've heard people say the same about Brandon; that he came off rather wooden.

I felt Routh was okay. He doesn't have Christopher Reeves' presence, but he did alright as Superman. I think his Clark needs the most work. He also did haven't Reeves' comic timing or his sense of the bigness and absurdity of the Clark role.

Personally I think Singer's direction was the blame. He should've started from scratch and let the actors do their own take on the characters instead of having them semi-emulate the characters from the Donner films. Perhaps I wouldn't have been so disappointed in the film.

Skeletor - Masters of the Universe

Lex Luthor - Superman Returns

Riddler - Batman Forever

Two-Face - Batman Forever
Zao - Die Another Day
Elliot Carver - Tommorrow Never Dies
Magneto - X3

DarKush said:
I felt Routh was okay. He doesn't have Christopher Reeves' presence, but he did alright as Superman. I think his Clark needs the most work. He also did haven't Reeves' comic timing or his sense of the bigness and absurdity of the Clark role.

Personally I think Singer's direction was the blame. He should've started from scratch and let the actors do their own take on the characters instead of having them semi-emulate the characters from the Donner films. Perhaps I wouldn't have been so disappointed in the film.
Yet another thing that put me off. While I didn't wanna see Krypton explode again, I didn't think it was a good idea to make a semi-sequel to the Donner movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"