Villains you DIDN'T like in movies you DID.

Dr. Doom in Fantastic Four

Sabretooth in X-Men,and for that matter,Juggernaut as well. While I was at least entertained by Juggy,is it that hard to give a little nod to their relations with Wolverine and Xavier? Not to mention Sabre was too mute.

Dr. Octopus. I hate how Raimi always puts in a sympathy angle for the villains in Spider-Man movies. I want him to bring in a villain that we are supposed to hate,not feel sorry for.

That's it for now. :o

Sabretooth said:
Dr. Doom in Fantastic Four

Sabretooth in X-Men,and for that matter,Juggernaut as well. While I was at least entertained by Juggy,is it that hard to give a little nod to their relations with Wolverine and Xavier? Not to mention Sabre was too mute.

Whilst it would have added an interesting conflict between Prof X and Juggernaut to note their relation, what could have been gained by doing so? Plus, it would have been ridiculous to everyone to have Vinnie Jones and Patrick Stewart in the same scene as supposed brothers - Stewart is atleast twenty years older for a start.

Sabretooth was mainly mute because Tyler Mane is not an actor.

Sabretooth said:
Dr. Octopus. I hate how Raimi always puts in a sympathy angle for the villains in Spider-Man movies. I want him to bring in a villain that we are supposed to hate,not feel sorry for.

I have no problem with the sympathy angle as these are Marvel characters we're dealing with, and they always have shades of grey to make them more human. Octopus on occasion has saved innocent lives and Spidey himself. What I don't like is that Octavious talks how science is for the good of mankind, is possesed by evil tentacles and by the end of the movie redeems himself and dies a hero. LOL, now that is not being faithful to the source material.

Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow! WTF was that? His whole portion of the movie was a waste of film. They could have replaced him with CG, kept the FX and moved on. The movie as a whole was great. I (surprisingly) liked Bale as the Batman (though not as Bruce Wayne) and Michael Caine as Alfred. I loved Liam Neeson as Al Gul and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. It didn't really matter about Katie Holmes.

inspiritonly said:
Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow! WTF was that? His whole portion of the movie was a waste of film.
I was going to disagree and defend Murphy's role in the film. Until I read this...
They could have replaced him with CG, kept the FX and moved on.
...and decided not to bother.

All the ones in the previous Batman movies, with the exception of
Pfeiffer's Catwoman and Carrey's Ridler.

Let's hope they do the Joker right next time.l

Laurel Hedare (Sharon Stone) in Catwoman.....j/k.:p

Travolta's performace in The Punisher and Michael Clarke Duncan's KingPin weren't convincing enough for me as villains.

Dr. Doom in the Fantastic Four.

Maybe if the villain didn't suck so much the movie's greatest weak point would be eliminated.

Dr. Doom. Hopefully he'll be better in the sequel.

Um, aren't we supposed to hate the villain? That's what a villain is. Someone we love to hate.

Tempest19 said:
Um, aren't we supposed to hate the villain? That's what a villain is. Someone we love to hate.
I don't mean that way; rather someone you found lame or unentertaining. I hate the Green Goblin because he tried to kill innocent children. I hate Mr. Freeze because he was a lame, badly portrayed goofball. I hate Toad because-he's Toad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"