Virtual Console Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.U.M. said:
They have to convert them and work out the controls.

And its to spread out the money earned over a period of time. Wouldn't it be just as bad to get all the old games you wanted at once and then never get any new ones? Granted, most people spread their purchases out over a period of time, but there would still be some who buy all at once and complain later that its never updated.

I just downloaded F-Zero and when I went to play it, it said I needed the Classic Controller even though it says I can use the GC one. I'm so pissed b/c stores don't even have the classic one.

Spidey-Bat said:
I just downloaded F-Zero and when I went to play it, it said I needed the Classic Controller even though it says I can use the GC one. I'm so pissed b/c stores don't even have the classic one.

So when you were about to download it had the Classic controller icon and GC controller icon? Send an e-mail to Nintendo maybe they'll do something. Seems like a stupid ****up to have. I thought the GC controller was occasionally used on non-Nintendo consoles but could be used for the SNES.

Spidey-Bat said:

That's strange. I've been playing it with a GC controller for the past few days.

What did you do when it said "You Will need the Classic Controller; Plug it into P1 Wii Remote or Press A to return to the Wii Menu" ?

Has the VC been updated yet? What time to they usually update, Spidey?

I want to know, because if Toe Jam & Earl is on there, I am so downloading that tonight.:woot:

SNES surprises for Virtual Console
Monday 11-Dec-2006 3:15 PM Super Probotector, Castlevania IV and R-Type bound for December UK release. Oh yes!

If you're as big a retro Nintendo fan as we are, December 29 can't come soon enough because a December release schedule for the Virtual Console on the Wii has revealed that Super NES classics Super Probotector: Aliens Rebels (AKA Super Contra) and Super Castlevania IV will be made available for download on that day in UK.

That's not the only surprise - the Turbografx version of R-Type will also be out on that day too, which is awesome. On December 15 Alien Crush, an amazing pinball game on the Turbografx will also hit the virtual console.

These games come as a pleasant surprise after Nintendo's initial December release list made no mention of these titles - which is particularly sweet in a era where we're more used to great games being delayed, not released unexpectedly.

Meanwhile, the US Virtual Console servers will be graced with Ice Hockey (NES), Gunstar Heroes (Mega Drive), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Mega Drive) and Alien Crush later today.

The full European Virtual Console release schedule for December 2006 is as follows:

Virtual Console games available from 8th December 2006:
Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
F-Zero (Super Nintendo)
Donkey Kong Country (Super Nintendo)
Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Donkey Kong (NES)
Wario's Woods (NES)
Sonic the Hedgehog (MEGA DRIVE)
Altered Beast (MEGA DRIVE)
Golden Axe (MEGA DRIVE)
Ecco the Dolphin (MEGA DRIVE)
Bonk's Adventure (Turbografx)
Super Star Soldier (Turbografx)
Victory Run (Turbografx)
Bomberman'93 (Turbografx)
Dungeon Explorer (Turbografx)

Virtual Console games available from 15th December 2006:
Urban Champion (NES)
Solomon's Key (NES)
Pinball (NES)
Columns (MEGA DRIVE)
Gunstar Heroes (MEGA DRIVE)
Ristar (MEGA DRIVE)
Dr. Robotonik's Mean Bean Machine (MEGA DRIVE)
Alien Crush (Turbografx)

Virtual Console games available from 22nd December 2006:
Donkey Kong Jr. (NES)
Soccer and Tennis (NES)
Space Harrier II (MEGA DRIVE)
Toe Jam & Earl (SEGA MEGA DRIVE)
Military Madness (Turbografx)

Virtual Console games available from 29th December 2006:
SimCity (Super Nintendo)
Super Probotector (Super Nintendo)
Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)
Baseball NES)
Ice Hockey (NES)
R-TYPE (Turbografx)

Brainiac 8 said:
Has the VC been updated yet? What time to they usually update, Spidey?

I want to know, because if Toe Jam & Earl is on there, I am so downloading that tonight.:woot:

9AM Pacific Time or 12PM Eastern is when they appear.

Cool, thanks Slinger.

I tried to look up the updates this morning before work and nothing was there, so I figured it was later in the day.

Ice Hocket, Alien Crush, Gunstar Heroes, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine are the latest additions this week.

When is Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World coming. Grr.

C'mon Nintendo get your arses moving and release your biggest slated titles in time for Christmas now.

You know, it's nice that the VC is being supported so heavily with Sega and Turbo Grafix 16 titles, but shouldn't it start being supported more heavily by Nintendo.

I mean we need some updates on the NES, SNES, and N64 aspects of the VC. :cmad:

As a side note, I really am glad Sega is supporting it so heavily, because I adored the Genesis and the games it had on it.

DACrowe said:
When is Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World coming. Grr.

C'mon Nintendo get your arses moving and release your biggest slated titles in time for Christmas now.

Have those been submitted to the ERSB yet? When that's announced then you'll know to expect them.

They have been, and so have some of the other big titles. I just hope we get them sooner than later.

slinger said:
Have those been submitted to the ERSB yet? When that's announced then you'll know to expect them.

Yes. All the games I list on my first post have been re-submitted to the ESRB.

Now that I finally got my classic controller they need to show the SNES and N64 love.

I hope something gets updated worthwhile today. Toe Jam & Earl would be very welcome....make sure you update please Spidey.

I'm at work, so I can't check myself. :(

Grr...still no SMW. Maybe Nintendo will give us a Christmas present! :)

They better have some great stuff waiting in the wings for next Monday! :cmad:

Brainiac 8 said:
They better have some great stuff waiting in the wings for next Monday! :cmad:

Check the first post. 2007 is probably when you'll be playing the games you want.

I know, but you never know what Nintendo might have planned.

I see that in the future Super Mario Bros, SMB3, and SMW are to be released....they better release SMB 2 and Yoshi's Island. :cmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"