Vol. 3 Preview from Jules Verne Festival!!

I think he will and then have Adam come back by the end of the season.

I don't gte this idea that Sylar is "played out". He's a villain. He just has to be around to challenge the heroes. Nuff said.

No, he doesn't just have to be around. Aside from being a villain, he's also a character, or at least he's supposed to be. And once there is nowhere room for growth, the character should exit. It's not as if they aren't any other villains they could work with, or create.

No, he doesn't just have to be around. Aside from being a villain, he's also a character, or at least he's supposed to be. And once there is nowhere room for growth, the character should exit. It's not as if they aren't any other villains they could work with, or create.

What's the basis for the belief that Sylar has no more room to grow? The fact that he did little in the ever-so-short Volume 2?

That's like watching Star Wars: A New Hope for the first time, and saying at the end, "I hope they don't bring Vader back. His character is pretty much going nowhere."

What's the basis for the belief that Sylar has no more room to grow? The fact that he did little in the ever-so-short Volume 2?

That's like watching Star Wars: A New Hope for the first time, and saying at the end, "I hope they don't bring Vader back. His character is pretty much going nowhere."

Vader didn't have a full story arc that saw him go from an average man, to a ruthless serial killer in A New Hope.:huh:

If they want to do more with him, whatever. But he doesn't need to stick around beyond this season.

If they want to do more with him, whatever. But he doesn't need to stick around beyond this season.

I can see both sides of the Sylar debate. I, for one, think he is one of the more interesting characters on the show. Quinto does such a fantastic job, it's just a juicy character. For my money, he stole the finale for Generations (of which he had only a minor role.) Also, it would be easy to say that most of the characters have run their course. They saved the cheerleader, they saved the world, the end, right? No. We want more stories, and lots of people want more Sylar stories.

I also understand that this isn't comic books, it is episodic television. These characters will all eventually have their twilight; it's just the nature of the business. Time is of the essence and you want to see more villains than Sylar.

However, I find it laughable that the guy that "met Hayden" would stop watching the show if Claire died, :whatever: , but wants Sylar dead. Sylar is an infinitely more pleasing character than Claire Bennett. :cwink:

Yeah so a lot of this footage won't make it into Volume 3. It was obviously filmed before the new ending was added to Volume 2, notice HRG's in the same outfit he wore when the Company was holding him.

How can Sylar not stop Claire? I like Sylar but i think Peter should kill him in volume 3 :o

Peter should eventually get him if he is meant to be the villain. If not what is the point of two characters having the same power except one obtains the power of others through hate (he murders them) while the other gains them through love (he feels what they feel).

Sylar is not "overplayed!" I like this character and there is alot more left in him. Its like saying Dr. Doom should be killed there is nothing more to know about him. Sylar is the only one that keeps the other Hereos on their toes and is by far a better villian than Adam/Kensei up to this point. Besides they owe us a Sylar vs. Peter showdown! The preview looks promosing :wow:

even if some of this footage doesnt end up in Vol.3, atleast we know we will most likely be getting viewing it on the Heroes S2 dvd.

Now that I have looked at the preview for the 1,000th time :yay: it seems as if Ma Petrelli is introducing Sylar to the other villians that are on the shadow! I am sure if the other villians were imprisioned by the Company Ma Petrelli must know them. And think of it this way.....Noah said on the preview "its like 12 Sylar's running free" so lets assume they are 12 Villians. Then on the other hand we have the "Generations" or the orginal 12 too which aren't the same people as the villians. I might be wrong but they can bring up a story where the "original 12" imprisioned the 12 villians back in the day. Now the villians are out and want to cause havoc and or revenge. Maybe one of them can find Adam/Kensei and dug him out.

Sylar is not "overplayed!" I like this character and there is alot more left in him. Its like saying Dr. Doom should be killed there is nothing more to know about him. Sylar is the only one that keeps the other Hereos on their toes and is by far a better villian than Adam/Kensei up to this point. Besides they owe us a Sylar vs. Peter showdown! The preview looks promosing :wow:

Agreed. Sylar's role is that of the villain. Him having an interesting back story is great and all, but even if he had none at all, he'd still serve a purpose: a physical challenge to the heroes.

Now I'm all for introducing new villains, but Sylar truly is the Dr. Doom/Lex Luthor/Green Goblin of the show. He should be the major villain that comes back every so often to pose a new threat.

If we go by the idea that a character is "played out" after they have completed a season-long story arc, then most hit shows would end after about... oh, 1 or 2 seasons.

Lord knows that Peter fully developped in season 1 from an insecure guy wanting a new path in life to a confident man who embraced destiny. Guess they should've left him out of season 2. Nathan? He's done. Toss him. Hiro? He's done after this season. Ando? If people find Sylar "played out", then Ando must be ultra-super-played out. Mikah? Niki? Parkman? Suresh?

Really, after season 2, they should just scrap the whole show and come back with a new cast because who wants to see a familiar cast of likeable characters in new situations season after season? That kinda set up never worked for shows like Cheers, Seinfeld, Frasier, or Friends. *sarcasm alert*

Yes, let's just keep seeing Sylar kill some people and twirl his mustache. Why make room for better villains when you got ol' reliable power-hungry psycho? Yup, same old is awesome.

they got up to ep. 13 when filming stopped

Yes, let's just keep seeing Sylar kill some people and twirl his mustache. Why make room for better villains when you got ol' reliable power-hungry psycho? Yup, same old is awesome.

What are you talking about? Did you watch or read about the preview? They're introducing SEVEN new villains. Nevermind that Adam was the feature villain in Generations, not Sylar.

Yup, same old is awesome.
ohlord.gif

Did the Sinestro Corps. War suck because Sinestro has been the archetypical villain of Hal Jordan's for 47 years? No, far from it. Why? Because there is a long, rich history between the two characters. Judging Vol. 3 before it has even debuted is unfair. It's almost like your resigning "Villains" to suckdom because Sylar is a feature player. Does Sylar really poison the well for you this bad?

What are you talking about? Did you watch or read about the preview? They're introducing SEVEN new villains. Nevermind that Adam was the feature villain in Generations, not Sylar.

Yup, same old is awesome.
ohlord.gif

Did the Sinestro Corps. War suck because Sinestro has been the archetypical villain of Hal Jordan's for 47 years? No, far from it. Why? Because there is a long, rich history between the two characters. Judging Vol. 3 before it has even debuted is unfair. It's almost like your resigning "Villains" to suckdom because Sylar is a feature player. Does Sylar really poison the well for you this bad?

I was addressing the poster who suggested that Sylar is necessary as a villain, even though there are other villains characters who contribute more to the show.:huh:

I can't judge Vol.3 at all. I am hoping they do something interesting with Sylar. I'm also hoping he'll be dead and done with by the time the season is over. :o

If thats true, then I doubt that any of that footage will be in the actual volume three, aka. Its useless. :(

I cant imagine why it would be useless. It's not like the altered ending was that much of a change. I dont know what it originally was, but they were still planning on ending Volume 2 when they did and moving to Volume 3. I'm sure very much of the footage will still be used, or else why would they be advertising with it?

I was addressing the poster who suggested that Sylar is necessary as a villain, even though there are other villains characters who contribute more to the show.:huh:

I can't judge Vol.3 at all. I am hoping they do something interesting with Sylar. I'm also hoping he'll be dead and done with by the time the season is over. :o

Magneto. The Joker. Lex Luthor. They are just off the top of my head.

I can't see your argument: as long as they're compelling they'll do just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"