Wait Til They Get A Load of Us: The Villains Thread

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
New movie, new villains. Who would you like to see? Who do you think is likely? Who would you cast?

Given what little that Matt Reeves has said about the plot, I'd love to see Black Mask in this. I'm guessing he also plans to bring in Hush at some point so he wouldn't be a bad choice either. I wouldn't be against Harvey Dent being introduced, but, and this might be an unpopular opinion, I wouldn't want him to become Two Face in the same movie. Building a sort of friendship between him and Bruce would differentiate from Nolan's version and make the fall much more tragic in a future movie.

Scarecrow, Two Face, Black Mask and a Penguin cameo. Joker released from jail in the 3rd film.

Catwoman also still be a suprise cameo in all films helping Batman.

I hope Catwoman is more of an antagonist in Part II. Then she is once again more of an ally in Part III...

I hope Catwoman is more of an antagonist in Part II. Then she is once again more of an ally in Part III...
That's the only plot detail we really know! Reeves dropped that pretty casually awhile back.

..also, I hope they drag out the secret identity between their relationship.

Let Selina find out in Part III.

Hopefully Harvey Dent as a support character, Catwoman as the deuteragonist, Black Mask as the main antagonist and the Penguin as a light antagonist.

No Two-Face and no Hush.

Hopefully Harvey Dent as a support character, Catwoman as the deuteragonist, Black Mask as the main antagonist and the Penguin as a light antagonist.

No Hush.

Love this... have Harvey go-bad in the tv show in-between Part II and Part III // or early on in Part III.

Would anyone want to see Nashton return in a limited capacity? I'm talking the extent of, say, Scarecrow in The Dark Knight/Rises or maybe even smaller than that. I'd just like to see Paul Dano in the role again, even if it's just checking on him while he's imprisoned.

Would anyone want to see Nashton return in a limited capacity? I'm talking the extent of, say, Scarecrow in The Dark Knight/Rises or maybe even smaller than that. I'd just like to see Paul Dano in the role again, even if it's just checking on him while he's imprisoned.
Not just yet... save him for Part III, when Joker has his full deck collected in Arkham - preparing to break out and wreak havoc.

What is the big appeal of Hugo Strange apart from being one of the last notable villains who hasn't cropped up in a movie? I only know him through the early Golden Age stuff and Prey.

Didn't Reeves say he was reading Batman: Prey in preparation for the sequel?

Give me Mad Hatter.

Not necessarily as the big bad, but maybe in an almost Penguin-sized role. Someone who’s used the chaos of the flooding to pull kidnappings.

And yes, also give me Hugo Strange.

What is the big appeal of Hugo Strange apart from being one of the last notable villains who hasn't cropped up in a movie? I only know him through the early Golden Age stuff and Prey.
The psychological head games are always fun and are a great fit for this noir thriller take on Batman. He is truly great in Strange Apparitions. As you would have seen from Prey, Hugo selling himself as the one to uncover Batman's identity through psycho-analysis can be a lot of fun and gives a great opportunity for what makes Bruce tick becoming a core part of the text of the story. It sets up a great reverse whodunnit where the villain is trying to figure out who Batman is and what he is about, the opposite of what Bruce was trying to do with Riddler in Part I.

He is also Batman's first supervillain, so that has some nice gravitas and cred to it.

I'll be into it if and only if he's as much of a pathetic weird pervert as he is in Prey because that **** was hilarious. Much like most of Prey.

That's the only plot detail we really know! Reeves dropped that pretty casually awhile back.

Wait when was this?

I hate that there’s all talk this talk around Farrell’s Penguin but zilch about Zoe Kravitz / Selina.

Give me Mad Hatter.

Not necessarily as the big bad, but maybe in an almost Penguin-sized role. Someone who’s used the chaos of the flooding to pull kidnappings.

And yes, also give me Hugo Strange.

Hatter’s great; I always envisioned him as a secondary villain for a Catwoman film / series but very much along the lines of what you’re pitching—he’s kidnapping young Alices, maybe Holly Robinson, which catches Selina’s attention and puts her on the trail of a larger plot with Black Mask at the top.

Strange would be a great intellectual threat to monologue at Pattinson’s Batman.

I'd be happy with any of these (either solo or in tandem with another):

Black Mask (original version)
Clayface
David Cain
Deacon Blackfire
Hugo Strange
Hush (completely reinvented)
Killer Moth
Lady Shiva
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Phantasm/Reaper
Scarecrow
Solomon Grundy
Two-Face
Ventriloquist
Victor Zsasz

I'd be happy with any of these (either solo or in tandem with another):

Black Mask (original version)
Clayface
David Cain
Deacon Blackfire
Hugo Strange
Hush (completely reinvented)
Killer Moth
Lady Shiva
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Phantasm/Reaper
Scarecrow
Solomon Grundy
Two-Face
Ventriloquist
Victor Zsasz

What do you have in mind for a Hush reinvention?

I could see Deacon Blackfire or Hugo Strange galvanizing the downtrodden of Gotham after the flooding and lead a a cult-like uprising. Bruce is increasingly reliant on his venom drug to contend with the lawlessness post-flood.

Or Andrea Beaumont returns to Gotham City and back into Bruce Wayne’s life as he renters high-society philanthropic circles. As Batman he fights against the mysterious Talon, who’s brand of justice involves murdering criminals (an amalgamation of MOTP and Court of Owls— the identity of Talon/Phantasm is a mystery. Is it Andrea Beaumont, or Lincoln March? And how does this tie to one of Batman’s first adventure against the Joker?).

I think these guys could easily be filler/henchmen/intro:

- Mad Hatter (holding hostages)
- Firefly
- Professor Pyg

Since we’re getting Brave and the Bold, I’d rather see a full-fledged Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, Poison Ivy over there. Given the Morrison influence, we might get Pyg over there. Cain & Shiva (along with Orphan) might make sense over in that universe too if we’re getting the League of Assassins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"