WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 8 "Previously On" (spoilers)

I question whether that's as far as they go with Fietro (they've done the " gotcha! that's not important, oh wait yes it is, Gotcha again!" several times this series) but even if he is just a construct that Agnes created and not the first doorway into the Foxverse, why would Evan Peters not agree to do it? It gets him a LOT of publicity and makes him an official member of the MCU which is something a lot of actors currently like to have on their resume even though he has other projects.

Evan Peters probably wouldn't turn it down. even if it isn't FoxVerse Quicksilver.

I don't buy that he isn't Fox Quicksilver. alot of Details are still very coy. alot of information is still very much mute. and we know Evan Peters is still in the show if that end credit scene says anything.

Plus...

SookieIsMine84 whose been giving out leaks on Reddit. claims he is Foxverse Quicksilver. and he has been fairly spot on so far with early leaks.

The first instinct people have is that if he was Foxverse Quicksilver that they would reveal it early on. but i think they are dragging this question out for as long as possible. even throwing in red herrings and coy expostion to make people question it even more.

Apparently episode 9 might have a very long runtime.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the theory that Wanda's attraction and love for Vision is actually her attraction and connection to the mind stone? The mind stone appeared to reach out to her on its own during her Hydra testing and gave her that revelation of being the Scarlet Witch and after re-creating Vision she also in essence recreated the mind stone and it's the mind stone that she couldn't feel or sense after trying to connect with Vision's remains at Sword hq.

giphy.gif

Great episode. Give Olsen every award available. Im thinking of Ultron 2.0 too. Theories about Mr. Scratchy, Mephisto or Dottie are off the table for me now.

I read the scene as Wanda possessing a part of the mind stone DNA, if you will, within her own powers, and was able to recreate vision with that. Why he falls apart outside of the hex is a limitation of her power I'd say, as we know now that Wanda didn't take his body. Also seems that aside from being the SW, she is in fact a nexus being.

Amazing episode.

I dunno. They both love taking it out on Thanos.

Yes, but Thor basically leaves Everything behind him, his friends, allies, King's duties, powers, phisicality are meaningless to him during Endgame. He doesn't see himself as worthy anymore and wants to forget all the crap he experienced. Wanda expresses all her emotions through her Powers and Memories, creating something as close as a perfect world as her powers allowed her to create.

Any thoughts on the theory that Wanda's attraction and love for Vision is actually her attraction and connection to the mind stone? The mind stone appeared to reach out to her on its own during her Hydra testing and gave her that revelation of being the Scarlet Witch and after re-creating Vision she also in essence recreated the mind stone and it's the mind stone that she couldn't feel or sense after trying to connect with Vision's remains at Sword hq.

Actually interesting idea, although I don't think that's entirely the reasoning behind her and Vision connecting (they do a lot to show how his personality clicked with her when she needed it), BUT...

In the first Avengers movie, there was some effort put into making the Space stone seem sentient to some degree, that it almost had a mind of its own. Ever since then I always wondered if the stones were capturing timeless godlike beings when they were created.

This is the MCU, they have set the precedent that sorcerers & witches are their own thing, not mutants. This episode only further emphasized that Wanda is a witch and not a mutant. I would never consider Thor a mutant, he's the god of thunder. Skrulls are aliens from across the galaxy, not mutants. And now, in the MCU specifically, sorcerers & witches are not mutants.
You are saying "sorcerers & witches are not mutants", I am saying "sorcerers & witches can be mutants". Not all mutants are sorcerers, not all sorcerers are mutants, but being a mutant can manifest in thousands of ways, one of which is by giving the mutant magic abilities, thus making them a sorcerer. Because what a 'sorcerer' is, it's just a fancy word for 'person who can use magic', and magic is just a thing that exists in the world. There are multiple ways for someone to use magic.

Instead of 'sorcerer', allow me to use the synonym 'magic-user' and make a comparison with 'fire-user'.

Fire is a thing that exists in the world. People can have the ability to use fire in various ways. We define a fire-user as any person who has some ability to create or manipulate fire.

A fire-user can be a person who has learned the mechanics required to create or manipulate fire. We'll call this a learned fire-user. This is a very broad term that encompasses all levels of fire-usage. Anyone that knows some application that combines the components of fuel, oxygen and heat to do something with fire falls in this category. This could be a caveman that has the basic knowledge and skill for banging flint to get sparks that can light dried grass. It could be a trained fire fighter who has learned specific skills to control fire for a specific purpose. It could be a physicist who knows all the formulas and theories and the autoignition temperatures for different materials, etc. and can create all kinds of stuff like colored flames and fire tornados in a controlled environment.

In the MCU, a fire-user could also be someone with an innate ability to use fire. We will call these people innate fire-users. An example would be the fire demon Surtur. Surtur didn't have to learn any of the techniques a learned fire-user did. He is fire. He can just use fire however he likes and didn't have to study for it. He can even seemingly create fire without requiring any fuel and generate heat himself, thus giving him more ability to use fire than most learned fire-users. It's also possible to become an innate fire-user rather than be born one. Someone who could fall in that category could be Scorch from Agents of SHIELD, who developed innate fire powers at some point possibly from a fire at a nuclear power plant near his home.

Now, we can imagine that the X-gene (aka being a mutant) can create a fire-user, specifically someone with the X-gene would have an innate ability and thus be considered an innate fire-user, though obviously not every innate fire-user is a mutant because Surtur for example is not a mutant. We will specify this special case of innate fire-user to be known as a mutant fire-user. This would include any mutant with fire abilities, such as Pyro, Firestar, Sunfire and Sunspot. Though of course these people could still learn other uses of fire too, such as Pyro using lighters and flamethrowers as well.

Now let's apply that same logic to magic: magic is a thing that exists in the world. People can have the ability to use magic in various ways. We define a magic-user as any person who has some ability to use magic.

A magic-user can be a person who has learned the mechanics required to use magic. We'll call this a learned magic-user. Anyone that has learnt some ritual that combines components to create a magical effect or an application of such falls in this category. Compared to fire this is a bit more complicated than fuel+oxygen+heat, but it could be something like sling-ring+hand movement+specific thoughts and belief. This could be someone who only uses a single magical effect, such as Jonathan Pangborn, or someone who tries to master them all, like Doctor Strange. It is implied that magic is something that can be learned by anyone, though some may have more talent or affinity for it.

A magic-user could also be someone with the innate ability to use magic. We will call these people innate magic-users. This would include beings like Dormammu who simply are magic and didn't have to learn their magic like people in the learned magic-user category. Another example might be Daimon and Ana Helstrom who have some presumably magical abilities such as exorcism, vitality absorbtion, psychometry, etc. as a result of being part demon.

Now, we can imagine that the X-gene (aka being a mutant) can create a magic-user, specifically someone with the X-gene would have an innate ability and thus be considered an innate magic-user, though obviously not every innate magic-user is a mutant for the same reason given for innate fire-users. We will specify this special case of innate magic-user to be known as a mutant magic-user. This would include any mutant with magical abilities. Examples from the comics would be Wiccan, Pixie, Magik and at one point Scarlet Witch until a later retcon. It should be noted that like how Pyro also utilizes learned fire-use, most of these combine their innate ability with additional learned magic-use

Now, what category are Agatha and Wanda in this show?

For Agatha we don't know the origin, but we do have a clue. At the start of the episode she is surprised Wanda doesn't know about basic protection spells that one would learn early when learning magic. This implies Agatha would fall into the category of learned magic-users.

Wanda on the other hand, is said to already have had something in her. She never learned the basic spells because she never learned magic, she just had it. It is said she already had something before her interaction with the mind stone, and that something allowed her to survive the exposure to the mind stone and was subsequently enhanced by it. This would make Wanda an innate magic-user, unlike Strange or Agatha. Now, is she a mutant magic-user? We don't know. She could be, or her magic could be some other innate thing like magical blood passed down generations or altered genes because of interference by the High Evolutionary or whatever. The point is, people are thinking Wanda might be a mutant because she's clearly special. She had this ability innately, unlike Agatha who was surprised she never learned the basics despite being one of the most powerful magic-users and unlike Strange who was just a talented regular guy who studied magic really hard.

While it's certainly an interesting theory, I don't believe that to be the case here. Remember, the infinity stones in the MCU are basically sentient. So it wouldn't be surprising if the mind stone could detect Wanda's chaos magic within her and that's why it was drawn to her. It seems to display the future to more powerful beings (Thor in AoU). Also, if you make Wanda's affection and love solely because of the mind stone, you lose all of the emotional weight this season, IW, and Endgame have been giving to the Wanda/Vision relationship.

Last edited:
I question whether that's as far as they go with Fietro (they've done the " gotcha! that's not important, oh wait yes it is, Gotcha again!" several times this series) but even if he is just a construct that Agnes created and not the first doorway into the Foxverse, why would Evan Peters not agree to do it? It gets him a LOT of publicity and makes him an official member of the MCU which is something a lot of actors currently like to have on their resume even though he has other projects.
I guess we diverge on the idea Peters needed the publicity. If his role ended up being big in the MCU with multiple appearances then sure, but based on this episode he's not got going to have that.

Peters is very talented and is better than what they've seemingly given him here IMO.

I guess we diverge on the idea Peters needed the publicity. If his role ended up being big in the MCU with multiple appearances then sure, but based on this episode he's not got going to have that.

Peters is very talented and is better than what they've seemingly given him here IMO.

According to SookieIsMine84, a seemed to be fairly relibable leaker from Reddit marvel spoilers section, he has heard Evan Peters will appear again outside of Wandavision. probably as Quicksilver.

Last edited:
Regarding Wanda surviving her interaction with the mind stone because of her innate powers and who/what she is.

How did Pietro survive his interaction with the stone? Was it because he already had innate speed (a mutant?) that needed to be activated, or did the sentient mind stone give him a pass because he's Wanda's brother?

I did love the revelation that all this time, he wasn't actually him, but instead a copy (of sorts). Explains the memory loss.

For a show that started out a bit weird, this has become very entertaining to watch.

Edit: Bit confused by Agatha though; is she supposed to be an ally or foe? She seemed to fear chaos magic (as being evil?) but she's not exactly a saint...

After watching this episode I have a new idea about how Pietro developed his powers from his interaction with the mind stone. My working theory is that.......he didn't. Instead, Wanda protected him from the mind stone's deadly effects and granted him superhuman speed.

One of the things that bothered me about the early episodes was Vision exhibiting superspeed, something he had never shown before either in the comics or the MCU. Where did this new ability come from? Well now we know that it, along with everything else, came from Wanda.

Wanda's latent witch/mutant powers were unlocked with the mind stone. Not wanting to be separated from her twin brother and only family, she subconsciously granted him superspeed which matched his hyperactive personality. When she recreated Vision she subconsciously granted him those abilities as well.

Now that I've solved that problem.......Who the hell are the people in the ads?

Now that I've solved that problem.......Who the hell are the people in the ads?
I'm pretty sure that they, along with Dottie, Ralph, the witness protection person, and maybe (but hopefully not) Evan Peters will turn out to not be anyone special at all. Ralph might really just be the "off-screen sitcom character" and Evan the "wink wink character recast" and they just liked the other actors for small parts.

We've got like 50 minutes left, several character to pick up on, several big stories to resolve, and a movie to promote. I find it unlikely we'll get one or two 'but this character was X all along scenes'. Let alone five or six. At this point, I just hope Evan Peters gets a cool 2 minute super-speed scene. :D

Last edited:
I have the feeling the next episode title is TO BE CONTINUED with Wanda and Vision holding hands in front of the window at the last shot looking through something to come.

Agatha said that she couldn't use the real Pietro's body because it was full of bullets and on another continent. So then whose body did she use? Her powers are limited so grabbing him from another universe doesn't seem likely. Is it just a coincidence then that he looks like Evan Peters?

I hope they explain this. It would be pretty lame if nothing came of this after getting fans' hopes up.
I think getting fans' hopes up may be the point. Fans buy into him being Quicksilver because they really want him to be. That places them precisely in Wanda's shoes, who also has no good reason to believe this person is her brother but goes along with it because she really wants him to be. If it was another actor that wouldn't work and we'd all be thinking Wanda's an idiot for wanting to go along with it when he's so obviously not Pietro.

Agatha said that she couldn't use the real Pietro's body because it was full of bullets and on another continent. So then whose body did she use? Her powers are limited so grabbing him from another universe doesn't seem likely. Is it just a coincidence then that he looks like Evan Peters?

Lets be honest. there is a reason why they haven't answered that question. the writing of her dialogue when she was talking about being his eyes and ears was so coy that it didn't answer the much bigger question of WHAT he actually is or even HOW he is here. and we know we are likely seeing him in the final episode with Monica. so we will probably find out more.

I think they been playing games with the whole Evan Peters thing intentionally. if they were not he would be written out by now. he would have served his purpose clearly. not teased in last weeks end credit scene with a character who also didn't appear in this weeks episode.

Last edited:
How powerful is Wanda going to be by the end of the finale? Because the way things are going she's going to end up with God like powers (and I ain't complaining).

They been teasing for a while that she is gonna do something BIG by the end of the series.

I feel like I should have enjoyed the episode more than I did...

It's like, as an entity on its own, it's a great episode. Emotion, great acting...
But then seems to indicate clearly that some of the more 'fantastical' theories that I was excited for (Mephisto, Wanda recreating the mindstone etc), are out the window.

Still good, still excited but weirdly a little deflated.
Highlight was Wanda's vision of her Scarlet Witch form(?) and hearing that it's a title of some kind, VERY cool!

How powerful is Wanda going to be by the end of the finale? Because the way things are going she's going to end up with God like powers (and I ain't complaining).
They have basically been hyping her potential since AoU, she will be one of the strongest but has no real clue of how to develop her skill. Dr.Strange will be her teacher in a way and help her.

She maybe like the MCU Phoenix since they just don't know based on her emotional state.

Well, all of the references to Sokovia in episode one, the commercial aside (which many of us already suspected), make so much more sense now. That period of sitcoms is so tied to her experiences and upbringing as a child and the happy memories she shared and experienced with her family in Sokovia, before it figuratively and literally blew up in her face. So sad. :csad:

Also, her learning English from sitcoms provides an in-universe explanation for her fluctuating and ambiguous accent throughout the films.

The Pietro "recast" did exactly what what it was supposed to do for a newbie streaming show in an extremely competitive market. It got everybody - including people who haven't seen an X-Men film after Ratner left and folks who stayed home and watched the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight on AOU's opening weekend - talking about it.

What did it mean? Was Evans Peters brought over from the Fox X-Men films? Will Foxy Pete be the new Quicksilver in the MCU? IS FEIGE BRINGING OVER THE GUY WITH THE BRAIDS???!!!!

As it turns out, Evan Peter is more than likely playing a dude who got Quicksilvered by Agatha. But it was a lot of fun for a while, wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"