WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 8 "Previously On" (spoilers)

Conversation in AOU between Vision and Ultron.

Vision: "You're afraid."
Ultron: "Of you?"
Vision: "Of death. You're the last one."
Ultron: "You were supposed to be the last. Stark asked for a savior and settled for a slave."
Vision: "I suppose we are both disappointments."
Ultron: "I suppose we are."
Vision: "Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites and... try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that."
Ultron: "They're doomed."
Vision: "Yes. But a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It's a privilege to be among them."
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well... I was born yesterday."

That subtle lip twitch sealed it.

e99d7fb1d575c7055440e7dec1ab7d085aa1c7b3.gif

It's been said that these Disney+ shows are gonna be 6-hours long. If this is true for WandaVision, I can tell you exactly how long the finale will be.

6 hours = 360 minutes. Through 8 episodes, were at exactly 300 minutes. So the finale will likely be 60 minutes long (including credits).

Episode 8's credits were 8 min, 10 seconds long, including the mid-credits scene. The "Previously on Wandavision" and the Marvel Studios fan-fare totaled 1 min, 25 sec. for a total 9 min, 35 secs of non-new material.

So, 60 minutes, minus 9.35, equals precisely 50 minutes, and 25 seconds of NEW material for the finale.

You're welcome.

I wonder if the finale is going to satisfyingly be able to wrap everything up. Theres a lot of questions the show’s asked that need to be tied up.

Last edited:
Conversation in AOU between Vision and Ultron.

That subtle lip twitch sealed it.

e99d7fb1d575c7055440e7dec1ab7d085aa1c7b3.gif

Yeah, I'm now totally on board the White Vision is Ultron train. It would make perfect thematic sense for Wanda to have to face the monster who killed her brother and who has now been resurrected in her lover's corpse.

So did S.W.O.R.D just not get snapped, hw the hell are they allowed to just take Vision's body? Hayward was talking like they owned the vibranium or anything from Vision. That was all Stark and when he got assistance to make Ultron/Vision S.W.O.R.D was not mentioned.

Vision died in Wakanda which is its own nation and wouldn't have to just give the body away. Some of the Avengers were there too and with Cap the leader around, I don't see him just handing Vision over. I would think Shield would have tried to take him if anything, but the Avengers would have kept his body in the compound.

This is the most confusing part for me, but the episode did provide some good back story.

So another good episode, however I feel like the quality dipped a little the last 3 episodes, with the last 2 being understandably heavy on exposition. I gotta admit that I think how they've handled the exposition is at times clunky, but the series is only 9 episodes. Not sure how I feel that they may be going away from Wanda being a mutant yet that can change next episode.

The finale got its work cut out for it, but I'm looking forward to it, as I really missed Monica, Quicksilver and current day Vision in this episode.

This is the MCU, they have set the precedent that sorcerers & witches are their own thing, not mutants. This episode only further emphasized that Wanda is a witch and not a mutant. I would never consider Thor a mutant, he's the god of thunder. Skrulls are aliens from across the galaxy, not mutants. And now, in the MCU specifically, sorcerers & witches are not mutants.
Yeah Strange is not a mutant, Ancient One already knew he had a high potential. Magic people are different class now, they have abilities hidden inside but something has to bring it out. It seems like it comes from deep emotional trauma. Strange car accident lost his career and all that he loved so he was rock bottom, Wanda lost family and was rock bottom as well.

I don't know how Pietro got powers besides being a twin though.

Back in episode 6, Wanda is asked what her costume is, she tells the boys she's a Sokovian fortune-teller (definition: a person who is supposedly able to predict a person's future by palmistry, using a crystal ball, or similar methods.)
b87462c474dcd03a400e1578fca2227c5575229a.gif

In this episode, it's revealed that the mind stone essentially enhances Wanda's chaos magic abilities and shows her a glimpse into her future wherein she's wearing something very familiar
wanda8.gif

Nicely done, Marvel.

So another good episode, however I feel like the quality dipped a little the last 3 episodes, with the last 2 being understandably heavy on exposition. I gotta admit that I think how they've handled the exposition is at times clunky, but the series is only 9 episodes. Not sure how I feel that they may be going away from Wanda being a mutant yet that can change next episode.

The finale got its work cut out for it, but I'm looking forward to it, as I really missed Monica, Quicksilver and current day Vision in this episode.
Going to be a very busy episode, but this one felt long so they may only need 15 more minutes. They are done explaining things. The fight shouldn't be long since Agatha is relying on holding hostages. We have to have the other Vision show up, we should still get Wong or Strange to appear since it is suppose to set up the movie.

Well in the end it really wasn't all Agatha. Heck, her role in this is more limited in scope than I might have expected. She did enter this region and start meddling in it. But she absolutely didn't start this. She just wanted to figure out what was going on and maybe take advantage of it if possible. Heck, it doesn't appear she was working with any big bad either.

Admittedly I'm not sure what Agatha is thinking at the end. Appreciate handing out the Scarlet Witch name, but does she have a plan here? She's out of her lair which means Wanda can fight as she wishes. Heck she right out in the open leaving her open to attack from literally anyone! What is she going for here?

It is a bit too bad that this does appear to be a fictional entity created by Agatha. While it is possible she's hiding things on that front, I'll just have to work with that reasoning for now. I'm not sure what this all means for her kids or Vision. But I guess we'll wait and see there.

Honestly, I was most surprised that she didn't take Vision's body when she was at the Sword base. Kind of figured she'd at least take the head regardless of their arguments so she could bury it somewhere. But, oh well.

Now we've got an interesting situation. You have the potential for Vision vs Vision with neither really being him considering the situation. Heck, I really like the idea that they inadvertently recreated Ultron. Giving him the body he had desired from the beginning. And if they don't really kill him off here then he could be a future threat. Not sure how this whole plot is going to work out. But it was a good episode we got here. Lot going on in exploring the past of Wanda.

This is a truly fantastic show. This past episode was my favorite. It hit close to home. Growing up, sitcoms always provided solace even when everything else in my life was hectic. Wanda’s emotional reaction is so understandable. Her reaction to seeing Vision’s body was one of the most emotional moments of the MCU.

So did S.W.O.R.D just not get snapped, hw the hell are they allowed to just take Vision's body? Hayward was talking like they owned the vibranium or anything from Vision. That was all Stark and when he got assistance to make Ultron/Vision S.W.O.R.D was not mentioned.

Vision died in Wakanda which is its own nation and wouldn't have to just give the body away. Some of the Avengers were there too and with Cap the leader around, I don't see him just handing Vision over. I would think Shield would have tried to take him if anything, but the Avengers would have kept his body in the compound.

This is the most confusing part for me, but the episode did provide some good back story.

I’d just say that Director Hayward used the sokovia accords to claim the Vision’s body since technically when he signed he became the US Government tool and was no longer independent. Essentially proving that Cap was right not to sign the accords.

Yeah, I'm now totally on board the White Vision is Ultron train. It would make perfect thematic sense for Wanda to have to face the monster who killed her brother and who has now been resurrected in her lover's corpse.
Now I do wonder if that particular confrontation, between SW and Ultron: is going to be saved for season 2.

There’s quite a lot to wrap up in the finale, SW and Agatha confrontation, the fake Quicksilver and Photon and part, Westview turning back to normal, “wrapping” Sword characters, them sending Ultron to take care of the SW problem only for him to maybe choose a face off with Vision.

I could see them saving the whole Vision is back but he’s now Ultron as the season’s finale cliffhanger to set up for Season 2.

Otherwise it will be a pretty packed episode if they decide to completely wrap everything.

Well....that was deflating. That's the problem with letting fans run wild with their imaginations when you're not going to follow through, even though I'm hoping the rug may be pulled from under us yet (how do we know that the picture Agatha has painted of Wanda is true for example).

If that's as far as Pietro goes than I'm mildly shocked Evans agreed to it.

I'd prefer that we get cold, unfeeling rebooted White Vision rather than an Ultron upload. I think it is better for the story for the Vision we remember to battle what he has become. And I don't want to hear Spader's voice coming out of Bettany's mouth. I want Vision 2.0 to sound like Bettany but with an American accent.

I’d just say that Director Hayward used the sokovia accords to claim the Vision’s body since technically when he signed he became the US Government tool and was no longer independent. Essentially proving that Cap was right not to sign the accords.
True, the Accords has a ton of pages so Sword could be mentioned in there as taking weapons or remains. They could have revised it too when Rambeau got sick, Hayward took over and took advantage.

I'd prefer that we get cold, unfeeling rebooted White Vision rather than an Ultron upload. I think it is better for the story for the Vision we remember to battle what he has become. And I don't want to hear Spader's voice coming out of Bettany's mouth. I want Vision 2.0 to sound like Bettany but with an American accent.
I can understand that preference. Although I kind of smile at the preference of what kind of accent you'd like for Vision 2.0

The unfeeling rebooted White Vision has potential. Though it is hard to say since he could easily just end up being a useful tool for Sword and whatever future organizations got their hands on him. But it could really work. But I also like the potential Ultron move. His goal from the start was to download himself into Vision. Also be some effective karmic justice of Hayward wanting to create a sentient weapon to protect humanity and just going ahead and creating Ultron again. His fear, despair, and weakness creating a threat he's not remotely equipped to handle.

Whichever way they go I'll be fine with it. Wanda having to face a Vision that lacks the 'spirit' of the original. I'd be fine with it.

Quick question, but wasn't Ultron trying to copy his mind into the original Vision body in AoU but got stopped before it completed several times? I'm wondering, if Marvel even wanted to do this, if it could be said that without the mind stone and Visions mind and soul in that body that SWORD accidentally just ends up activating the Ultron code that was latent in it from the start.

Well....that was deflating. That's the problem with letting fans run wild with their imaginations when you're not going to follow through, even though I'm hoping the rug may be pulled from under us yet (how do we know that the picture Agatha has painted of Wanda is true for example).

If that's as far as Pietro goes than I'm mildly shocked Evans agreed to it.

I question whether that's as far as they go with Fietro (they've done the " gotcha! that's not important, oh wait yes it is, Gotcha again!" several times this series) but even if he is just a construct that Agnes created and not the first doorway into the Foxverse, why would Evan Peters not agree to do it? It gets him a LOT of publicity and makes him an official member of the MCU which is something a lot of actors currently like to have on their resume even though he has other projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"