• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War of the Marvels. Carol Danvers alive?

bryanss3

Summerholidays
Reaction score
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/040917-War-Marvels.html

WarOfTheMarvels_Teaser.jpg

Why, it seems like it was just three weeks ago we were talking about the death of Marvel's Ms. Marvel at the hands of writer Brian Reed in issue #37. Okay, it was about three weeks ago that we were.
Longtime hero Ms. Marvel apparently died, and Moonstone, Karla Sofen took her place in issue #38.

Today, Marvel released a teaser for the July issue, called "War of the Marvels."

Please to enjoy...

and discuss

that was very fast considering they haven't even got an issue with Moonstone as Ms. Marvel out yet.

My vote is for Ultra Girl considering Carol gave her the original Ms. Marvel costume(which Norman Osborn confiscated and gave to Moonstone) and the initiative is falling apart(soon will be run by the Hood and Taskmaster) Ultra Girl doesn't really have a reason to stick around there. I'd like to see Carol return but it's stupid to kill a character and have them show up again 3 months later. I'd like for comic death's to actually be taken a little seriously by readers. Carol's dead at least thats what they're saying so I'd prefer if she just stayed dead.

Last edited:
It can't be Ultra Girl, she's just rejoined the New Warriors.

If that is the real Carol then I'm expecting a good explanation to her return. If it's not her, then maybe it's the Warbird who tried to kill Rogue back in Ms. Marvel #9-10.

Apparently the new Ms. Marvel (Moonstone) has an electric Vagina that repels punches. Not sure how this mystery Ms. Marvel's gonna compete with that.

Ultra Girl can re-join the New Warriors and become the new Ms. Marve it's not like the NW have a comic right now.

Apparently the new Ms. Marvel (Moonstone) has an electric Vagina that repels punches. Not sure how this mystery Ms. Marvel's gonna compete with that.

Electric vagina, eh? I doubt even the Hulk can handle that! :grin:

Ultra Girl can re-join the New Warriors and become the new Ms. Marve it's not like the NW have a comic right now.

Except that Osborn took away the Ms. Marvel costume given to Ultra Girl. And recently she tossed another one back at the Initiative as she flew away with the New Warriors.

The one she threw looked like the one Osborn took and it's not like its impossible for her to get a new costume. Plus the Initiative story takes place right when Osborn came to power and SHIELD dismantled so there is plenty of time for her to get a new costume.

I don't see it being Ultra Girl. I think it'll probably be Carol or something.

I don't see it being Ultra Girl. I think it'll probably be Carol or something.
Ideally it should be her considering Carol gave her a Ms. Marvel costume and she is the closest connection to the Ms. Marvel legacy, but If you go by that logic then they can't surprise you with an unpredictable reveal. As a fan I prefer stories that make sense and are written well over an unpredictable reveal. Not that unpredictable reveals aren't cool, but in this case I'd rather see a younger character that was close to Carol take up the mantle over something from left field or oh she didn't really die.. well she did but just for 4 issues. I'd really like to see Ms. Marvel you know disappear from the New Avengers line up before a new Ms. Marvel shows up. I know New Avengers is in the middle of the story but it's like the characters death doesn't even matter or she didn't really die. I mean at least give her a One-Shot of her friends and team mates acknowledging the death if the only other book that involves her is a book starting up in a story arc. IMO Ms. Marvel's Death would have been a better subject in NA #51 over Spider-Man unmasking. I mean what if you were mourning a fellow heroes death and then Dr. Strange showed up with all that Sorcerer Supreme stuff looking near death. I know it's hard to coordinate stories to fall in the right order, but I don't think Ms. Marvel is going to disappear in NA at all she's still gonna be there in the next 3 issues and at the same time dead and the new avengers are gonna be in Ms. Marvel 41/42 where she is dead. so if you don't read Ms. Marvel and do read New Avenegers(sales say thats a good 30,000 readers or more) you probably won't even know she's dead or whats going on with that. does anyone know if Ms. Marvel sales gone up since the announced she was gonna die? same question for Black Panther also?

Last edited:
Except that Osborn took away the Ms. Marvel costume given to Ultra Girl. And recently she tossed another one back at the Initiative as she flew away with the New Warriors.

The costume Carol gave Ultra Girl is the one Moonstone is currently wearing--the red and black (or dark blue) one. Note that one of the Ms. Marvels in the picture is wearing the black (with the gold zigzag and sash) outfit that Carol was wearing in her series. So possibly Ultra Girl got a copy of that one made up.

I'm not actually sure if I want it to be Carol. I mean, I hated her getting killed off; but bringing her back after just 4 issues would have me going 'WTF?!?"

I never bought her death in the first place and I don't think we need another new guy/gal.

Yeah, she went back to her god-awful orange and green costume. :o

I'd love it if the new Ms. Marvel were Ultra-Girl, but given how much they hyped up Carol's death and then left it wide open to interpretation just what the hell actually happened to her (big explosion from a chick who's known to absorb and explosively release energy all the time?), it seems far more likely that Carol herself will just come back. Kind of a shame. I'd actually read Ms. Marvel if Ultra-Girl took over and made the title her own. I've never liked Carol.

She's still a girl. Whoever is fighting Moonstone soon is obviously a woman. ;)

Ideally it should be her considering Carol gave her a Ms. Marvel costume and she is the closest connection to the Ms. Marvel legacy, but If you go by that logic then they can't surprise you with an unpredictable reveal. As a fan I prefer stories that make sense and are written well over an unpredictable reveal. Not that unpredictable reveals aren't cool, but in this case I'd rather see a younger character that was close to Carol take up the mantle over something from left field or oh she didn't really die.. well she did but just for 4 issues. I'd really like to see Ms. Marvel you know disappear from the New Avengers line up before a new Ms. Marvel shows up. I know New Avengers is in the middle of the story but it's like the characters death doesn't even matter or she didn't really die. I mean at least give her a One-Shot of her friends and team mates acknowledging the death if the only other book that involves her is a book starting up in a story arc. IMO Ms. Marvel's Death would have been a better subject in NA #51 over Spider-Man unmasking. I mean what if you were mourning a fellow heroes death and then Dr. Strange showed up with all that Sorcerer Supreme stuff looking near death. I know it's hard to coordinate stories to fall in the right order, but I don't think Ms. Marvel is going to disappear in NA at all she's still gonna be there in the next 3 issues and at the same time dead and the new avengers are gonna be in Ms. Marvel 41/42 where she is dead. so if you don't read Ms. Marvel and do read New Avenegers(sales say thats a good 30,000 readers or more) you probably won't even know she's dead or whats going on with that. does anyone know if Ms. Marvel sales gone up since the announced she was gonna die? same question for Black Panther also?

I comletely agree here. As sad as I am to see characters be killed off, I'd much prefer them to move on and deal with it. This whole Carol is dead in her book but still kicking it with the Avengers is exactly how I feel about Wolverine being in New York with the Avengers, San Fran with the X-Men and 2000 years in the future trying to bring Cable and Hope home. I know that NA just got a new lineup, but I'm thinking they need cut a couple of characters.

She's still a girl. Whoever is fighting Moonstone soon is obviously a woman. ;)

Well, that's an awful big assumtion. We don't have a butt shot to go buy, so we don't see whether or not theres a tuck sticking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"