Warner Bros greenlights Justice League of America

If they shot from spring to around October 2008, they'd have eight or nine months post-production for a June or July release. That's a decent schedule for an FX heavy film (Fox makes their FX heavy productions on much tighter schedules).

if they plan to start shooting by March then they ought to have a director locked in and planning no later than the end of this month, a shooting script no later than next month and a complete cast for the major characters about the same time also. that would leave them seven months for the crew to do pre-production work and the cast members to clear their schedules and build up in time for shooting in March.

i dont know man, it still feels way too tight. its starting to feel like X3 all over again. the casting alone will take months to complete, and like what ComicBookKid said, you cant just cast any pretty face or smart ass as WW or The Flash, these have to be actors that has to fit the already challenging qualifications of the superhero character and on top of that is good enough to carry a franchise on their own when the time comes. they only way that 2009 thing can work is if they already have the main cast together or if they're only going to add one more character (like Wonder Woman). its just too tight man, too tight.

I think we'll get JLA in 2010

2010 is what i believe too. I mean they had Flash written and storyboarded and scrapped it.

unless TDK flops big time (which i dont really see happening with what i'm seeing with the production) there is no way in high holy heck that WB will stop Nolan's 3rd Batman movie, it will happen and it will happen on schedule.[/quote]

But if you have to choose between batman3 and JLA? I like batman but we saw 5 batman already and 6 with the TDK and considering the fact that sequels always tend to suck. I think it can wait for while! JLA maybe a one time offer and I m not gonna miss that!

2010 is what I'm thinking as well.....but you never know. If the script is ready and Wolfgang has a vision....this puppy could be ready by 2009.

everyone is entitled to their opinion.

i want Batman in it :batty:

Elaborate please. Do you mean he should be in it throughout the movie and have a major part? Or do you mean him being more of supporting player behind the scenes type...or him just having a scene or two cameo style?

They said the script had a half dozen characters, so I'm going to guess Supes, Bats, Diana, Flash, GL(John), and Aquaman are going to comprise the League. Anyone have any guess as to who the villain might be? I HOPE Darkseid, but my gut feeling is it will be someone else.

I would think and hope Darkseid. Braniac is a possibility, along with dare I say it.....the main man himself, Lobo?

Lobo would be a perfect satire film of action and comic book movies :up:

For JLA I'm thinking the villain will be along the lines of Amazo

Darkseid would be dream choice though, and Despero would be pretty awesome as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"