Warner Bros greenlights Justice League of America

easy there Lestat. i understand the excitement, but you do know that a JLA movie is more than just slam bang action flick right?

True, but it's more about slam bang action than any other super hero team, with the possible exception of the Avengers. With the Fantastic Four you can always focus on the family/comedy aspect, the X-Men the persecuted minority angle, Spidey the soap opera....but the JLA is all about the greatest icons getting together to fight something SO big, SO powerful, that Superman himself needs that much help to stop it. If there ever was a Super Hero movie that needs to deliver in that department, it's the JLA. Obviously, a good script is needed, don't get me wrong....but a JLA movie, by it's very nature, has to deliver the goods.

We don't have to worry about Singer getting JLA ever, never ever ever, it will not happen. WB will not give Singer the JLA. You can take that to the bank. WB saw the lack luster box office that is SR and they saw the greatness of 300 and how the demographic they covet loved that film and it grossed over 200 million easily in a non summer release to boot. WB will also see the greatness of TF and know that the audience wants action for these types of films and not love stories or dramas with heroes, or exboyfriends who disappear for 5 years and come back into his woman's life after she's moved on and has had his child or heroes tearing up over his lost love when tears if any should be reserrved for a fallen hero in a superhero flick.

Drama and pain and love and character development so you can care for the characters can be touched on but not made thr focal point which Singer didn't do in SR, no he made all the emotional stuff the focal point and the action, adventure and sci-fi a small back point.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but after I had so much fun with the Transformers movie, I'm actually OK with Michael Bay directing a JLA movie. I've always hated his films, but I'm very impressed with how he made a $150 million dollar movie look like a movie that cost twice that much. Watching the mega destruction FX finale, I thought to myself "this is how you would do a JLA film" And to think it cost over $50 million less than Superman Returns ( I film I loved, but still...it didn't look like a $200 Million + film ).

I can't believe TF cost about 150 mil. i really thought this film was 200 plus.

I really don't see how a good JLA film could be made. With so many characters, it wouldn't have much story, just a straight out action fest with a load of superheroes. I'm worried.

i'd actually like to take a look at that Mulroney draft. i want to see what got WB so excited.

WB was excited over that Wonder Woman spec script a while back too, but a buddy whose as big a WW fan as i am actually got to read the script and said that i should pray to all the saints i know that that script never sees the light of day.

anyone have a link to the article that said wb liked the script?

All the articles are pretty much variations of the same thing... bottom line is WB likes the JLA script and it looks like they are willing to pull the plug on the Singer's Superman: MOS as each day passes. Regardless these movies are still in the very early planning stages... but as far as cast and characters... no one knows for sure... if anything... pencil in Downey Jr. and Brandon Routhe to reprise their roles... those characters are essential. Everyone else is up in the air. I am not sold at all on Bale and Ed Norton... and whoever else... we'll see what happens... still a long ways away.

i'd actually like to take a look at that Mulroney draft. i want to see what got WB so excited.

WB was excited over that Wonder Woman spec script a while back too, but a buddy whose as big a WW fan as i am actually got to read the script and said that i should pray to all the saints i know that that script never sees the light of day.

Well from what I remember, they said the script was/is actually really good. The one big flaw about it however is that it's a period piece set in the 1930s during WWII...as opposed to a contemporary setting.

I also have an issue with it being set in the 30s. :dry:

Didn't WB execs even really love the JJ Abrams superman script?

Krypton didn't explode.

Abrams lost me right there.

This needs to happen asap......while Bale and Routh are still young. This could be vehicle to spin-off the other guys into their own movies.....(Flash, GL, Aquaman....Wonder Woman etc...)

only in his first draft....it does i his 2nd which is the 1 wb loved.

The thing I fear is that if Bale is involved, you run the risk of delaying the inevitable Batman III.

Unless of course Batman is given only a cameo appearance in JLA.

only in his first draft....it does i his 2nd which is the 1 wb loved.

Was the gay Jimmy Olsen in the 2nd draft? Or the FBI Agent/Kryptonian Lex Luthor? Or the "The One/Matrix" Superman prophecy?

There were so many ways Abrams lost me...

2nd draft had

1. Krpyton blow up
2. Luthor as owner of Lexcorp
3. Straight Jimmy Olsen
4. Awesome-as in best I'd ever read-Superman action
5. Fantastic characters.Superman/Clark, Lois & Lex is ****ing nailed as are everyone else.

I have very high standards. Read the script. It kicks all kinds of ass.

I really don't see how a good JLA film could be made. With so many characters, it wouldn't have much story, just a straight out action fest with a load of superheroes. I'm worried.

That does not necessarily mean it would be bad. Some movies just work better that way. Look at Transformers. The plot is paperthin but I put it right up there with Batman Begins.

All the articles are pretty much variations of the same thing... bottom line is WB likes the JLA script and it looks like they are willing to pull the plug on the Singer's Superman: MOS as each day passes. Regardless these movies are still in the very early planning stages... but as far as cast and characters... no one knows for sure... if anything... pencil in Downey Jr. and Brandon Routhe to reprise their roles... those characters are essential. Everyone else is up in the air. I am not sold at all on Bale and Ed Norton... and whoever else... we'll see what happens... still a long ways away.
Downey Jr? Ed Norton? are we still talking about JLA here?

... or JLA vs Avengers? ;)

Well from what I remember, they said the script was/is actually really good. The one big flaw about it however is that it's a period piece set in the 1930s during WWII...as opposed to a contemporary setting.

I also have an issue with it being set in the 30s. :dry:

WB still want a current day movie for WW, but the spec script had most of what they wanted for a WW movie. my friend said that with a few tweaks the 1940s spec script can easily be turned to a modern day setting. but that isnt what made his stomach churn. he said that the spec script is more of a Steve Trevor movie (think Indy Jones) featuring Wonder Woman. i mean come on, this is a Wonder Woman movie, it should be about Wonder Woman, not Mr Love Interest, i dont care how well he was written. also there are a few other WW spec script reviews around the net (you'll find it if you look for it), some of the details they mentioned there makes me realize that the characterization for WW is way, way off. so maybe it was a blessing of sorts that the WW project got shelved :(

:huh: Downey Jr and Norton are Iron man and Hulk, Avengers, Marvel characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"