Warner Bros greenlights Justice League of America

:huh: Downey Jr and Norton are Iron man and Hulk, Avengers, Marvel characters.
I believe he's talking about the prospects of getting the various actors to reprise their roles in JLA and The Avengers respectively.

I am glad to hear that Justice League is coming to big screen. What is getting on my nerves is people talking about all of these solo movies. What has been killing Warner Brothers is that type of mentallity. I don't see a problem with putting two movies out in a year. Just like Marvel has done with Spiderman 3 and Fantastic Four. What WB could do is make the solo movies after JL. Then when they do the other members (WW, FL, GL and MM), they can have is like the before they joined the League. I already know that some of you "die-hard" comic book fans are going to say "This guy is nuts", but it isn't any more crazy than what I have read so far.

My guess is that this will just be a big budget version of the live action un-aired Justice League pilot.

Except the fact that this time around, the BIG 3 are involved.

That alone should be enough to tell you that this will be nothing like that disaster...

Except the fact that this time around, the BIG 3 are involved.

That alone should be enough to tell you that this will be nothing like that disaster...

i'm like to agree with you, but this was the exact same thinking in the SR boards before the movie came out.

cautious optimism. thats the word.

everyone is entitled to their opinion.

i want Batman in it :batty:

They said the script had a half dozen characters, so I'm going to guess Supes, Bats, Diana, Flash, GL(John), and Aquaman are going to comprise the League. Anyone have any guess as to who the villain might be? I HOPE Darkseid, but my gut feeling is it will be someone else.

:huh: Downey Jr and Norton are Iron man and Hulk, Avengers, Marvel characters.

Yeah I am not that stupid... but the movies are sort of similar and it will be interesting to see how they will be done... whichever comes out first could be a huge clue as to what is going to happen with the other... but my God... I mention Marvel in two sentences and you people get on me for being off topic... give me a break

The thing I fear is that if Bale is involved, you run the risk of delaying the inevitable Batman III.

Unless of course Batman is given only a cameo appearance in JLA.

A cameo role could be an excellent way to go... people are going to get on me by saying Batman is a founding member... and it won't be just a cameo if Batman is in the first JLA. He'll be a founding member. BUT if there are future JLA sequels and Batman has no role in the first one... and extended supporting role in part two or part three of a JLA would be awesome.

I see where you're getting. Like he declines but joins in a sequel. Maybe they can do the whole reserve/part-time member thing like in the animated series. I can see him declining but coming in for the third act to help out and telling them "This does not make me a member."

The thing I fear is that if Bale is involved, you run the risk of delaying the inevitable Batman III.

Unless of course Batman is given only a cameo appearance in JLA.

Well don t you think it s worth delaying batman 3 for JLA? I m sorry but I don t mind seeing batman3 in 2011 and I don t want bale just to be a cameo in JLA!

As much as i'd like to see a JLA movie...i'd like them to finish Nolan's Bat trilogy first.

I see where you're getting. Like he declines but joins in a sequel. Maybe they can do the whole reserve/part-time member thing like in the animated series. I can see him declining but coming in for the third act to help out and telling them "This does not make me a member."
at first i was thinking it would be something like this for how Batman will join the League, except that one of the rumours connected to the script has Batman the leader of the League.

woe for Superfans, hurrah for Batfans (for some anyway).

Well don t you think it s worth delaying batman 3 for JLA? I m sorry but I don t mind seeing batman3 in 2011 and I don t want bale just to be a cameo in JLA!
unless TDK flops big time (which i dont really see happening with what i'm seeing with the production) there is no way in high holy heck that WB will stop Nolan's 3rd Batman movie, it will happen and it will happen on schedule.

at first i was thinking it would be something like this for how Batman will join the League, except that one of the rumours connected to the script has Batman the leader of the League.

woe for Superfans, hurrah for Batfans (for some anyway).

unless TDK flops big time (which i dont really see happening with what i'm seeing with the production) there is no way in high holy heck that WB will stop Nolan's 3rd Batman movie, it will happen and it will happen on schedule.

Yeah but you people realize you'll be asking Bale to do 3 movies in four years... I mean comon... doesn't this guy have a life? 2008 he'd be booked all spring and summer. Right after promoting TDK, they'll start filming a JLA... Bale would also have his hands tied doing promotion work and post production work on a JLA movie WELL into 2008... possibly Fall of 2008, and on into spring of 2009... then he'd have to get right back on the boat again in 2010... thats another reason why I think Batman won't be in a JLA for 2009

Yeah but you people realize you'll be asking Bale to do 3 movies in four years... I mean comon... doesn't this guy have a life? 2008 he'd be booked all spring and summer... then he'd have to get right back on the boat again in 2010... thats another reason why I think Batman won't be in a JLA for 2009
i'm not placing any faith on the year. 2009 is too soon no matter how you cut it, because if they're gonna force 2009, it means that they should have a director already AND they're doing pre-production work since yesterday. this aint happening unless they want a repeat of X3.

Even if its 2010... you are just pushing all the work back one more year and then cramming it into a tighter time frame... would it be feasible to ask Bale to work on two films so close to one another... he'll be a pricey actor by then... and Nolan's third CAN NOT be past 2011... that has to be the target date.... the actors are getting old and they need to finish it up...

Even if its 2010... you are just pushing all the work back one more year and then cramming it into a tighter time frame... would it be feasible to ask Bale to work on two films so close to one another... he'll be a pricey actor by then... and Nolan's third CAN NOT be past 2011... that has to be the target date.... the actors are getting old and they need to finish it up...

i'm gonna repeat myself (i really hate doing that btw), i am placing no faith on year. i'm not even looking that far ahead. all i'm looking at is a draft that WB is excited and is supposedly looking for a director and that Bale is on record to say that he'll consider the project. it doesnt mean heck that its a sure 2009 or 2010 or whatever deal. for all we know this could be a 2015 project and that it finally makes sense why the rumoured older Batman is the guide to the younger Supes.

again, a lot of ifs and maybes. i'm just extremely curious on that script that got WB excited.

They could have a JLA film out in summer 2009 if they move quickly: sign a director within the next month or so, allowing for about eight months of pre-production before shooting starts in the spring of 2008. That would allow for a summer 2009 release. If they went for a Christmas 2009 release, then they'd have even more time to get things together.

If Batman either isn't in it or has limited screentime that would solve the problem of Bale most likely not wanting to spend too much time playing Batman over the next few years.

i'm gonna repeat myself (i really hate doing that btw), i am placing no faith on year. i'm not even looking that far ahead. all i'm looking at is a draft that WB is excited and is supposedly looking for a director and that Bale is on record to say that he'll consider the project. it doesnt mean heck that its a sure 2009 or 2010 or whatever deal. for all we know this could be a 2015 project and that it finally makes sense why the rumoured older Batman is the guide to the younger Supes.

again, a lot of ifs and maybes. i'm just extremely curious on that script that got WB excited.

SHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT Ni*ga DaTs aLl yOu haD tO SaY....

SHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT Ni*ga DaTs aLl yOu haD tO SaY....

what else do you want me to say about it?

They could have a JLA film out in summer 2009 if they move quickly: sign a director within the next month or so, allowing for about eight months of pre-production before shooting starts in the spring of 2008. That would allow for a summer 2009 release. If they went for a Christmas 2009 release, then they'd have even more time to get things together.
its still awfully tight man, with a project like this you'll need at least six months on post production alone. this isnt like BB or TDK that it isnt FX heavy, if the script has Superman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern flying around and Flash running at a blur you cant do it in a timeframe like what Nolan does.

its still awfully tight man, with a project like this you'll need at least six months on post production alone. this isnt like BB or TDK that it isnt FX heavy, if the script has Superman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern flying around and Flash running at a blur you cant do it in a timeframe like what Nolan does.
If they shot from spring to around October 2008, they'd have eight or nine months post-production for a June or July release. That's a decent schedule for an FX heavy film (Fox makes their FX heavy productions on much tighter schedules).

This isn't X-Men though. You aren't casting just to play in a movie. You have to cast people in order to be spun-off into individual franchises. If you have had this hard of a time getting a WW or a Flash, I doubt they'll have them by end of this year assuming Peterson is the director.

And what is going on with that Flash movie? Do they have a replacement writer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"