Batman Begins Was that little kid in Batman Begins supposed to be the future Robin?

It's Nolan's personification of Robin, not just the first Robin, Dick, or Jason or Todd. It's an culmination of past and present Robins into one, thus his name is Robin. Didn't find that "lame" at all; I actually found it pretty brilliant.

But, it's hard to argue when I see John Reese smiling at me, lol.

No Robin, he once said.

He also said not this early in his career and yet years have gone past between TDKR and BB.

Knowing what we now know about TDKR it would have made soo much more sense if that little kid was the 3rd rock from the sun kid. Would have made more sense than what we got. And would have been a nice tie in to the 1st movie...

^ Only makes "more sense" because it would be the easiest and the most cliche thing to do.

No its called coming full circle and tying back to an earlier story thread. Its no more cliche' than what they came up with. "I knew you were Batman because of the look on your face." Not because of anything else. Thats Cliche'

Full circle...

You'd think we had enough in TDKR for people to not want more of that.

And how is knowing Bruce's expression cliche?

I still don't buy the fact that Blake could figure out he was Batman. Bruce didn't even try to deny it either.

Aww no. It was brilliant writing. There must have been so many elements that foreshadowed Blake just knowing he was Batman from the look on his face. Maybe if he had said I knew you was Batman because of your lisp I could buy that. But really the whole Blake knowing Bruce was Batman was simply the stupidest thing in all 3 movies. It was also lazy writing. Sure maybe you dont like the idea that the little kid in the narrows could have ended up being Blake And thats one reason he knew Bruce was Batman. But I still feel they missed a much better opportunity to tie together 2 elements into one making each separate element that much more meaningful...

I still don't buy the fact that Blake could figure out he was Batman. Bruce didn't even try to deny it either.

If someone outed Peter Parker in Webb's series you would probably have no problem with it :funny:

I bought it. Blake was the only orphan in the place to have his parent forcefully taken from him (in Gotham city!), just like Bruce Wayne! He also, miraculously, had such similar behavior patterns to Bruce that he identified the facade of Wayne's public persona while no one could!! Because they both coped the same way! Such lovely coincedences.

I found it to work as well. We'll talking about the personification of Robin anyways, someone who's as intelligent as Bruce Wayne is and while Bruce is always duped by the family of al Ghul, lol, the predecessor to Batman needs to have a brain and it works when another orphan who remembers his father being gunned down notices something similar to someone else who witnessed his parents being gunned down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"