Was watching B89 again...

But DC is totally marvelized these days!

Well actually yes and no. Yes in the sense of trying to appeal to a more general audience by shooting for an everyman outlook for their icons (Ie:making both Superman and Batman fathers). No because at the same time though it's still very much genuinely DC in the sense that they still emphasize more on the storytelling aspects than character consistency with Marvel of course it's always been the opposite.

As far as Countdown is concerned boy am I glad I dropped that by Issue 2. I hear I didn't miss much at all.

LOL@ Emo Batman if they ever make One Bat Day I think I'll bomb the time warner building.

Well actually yes and no. Yes in the sense of trying to appeal to a more general audience by shooting for an everyman outlook for their icons (Ie:making both Superman and Batman fathers). No because at the same time though it's still very much genuinely DC in the sense that they still emphasize more on the storytelling aspects than character consistency with Marvel of course it's always been the opposite.

actually after OYL it seemed to me that they hit the brakes and established more and more a light "silver age-ish" shade over their stories. We will see what the "Final Crisis" will bring.

Sherman, set the Wayback Machine to the 70s.

One Bat Day would be awsome.

No sorry, my brain fell out for a moment there...

DC is pushing a bit more mainstream, but thats always gonna be the case, follow the money so to speak. Marvel is more, I don't know how to put it, kid-friendly? Mostly through the successes of the movies, but they have a brighter pallette almost.

DC still owns though, I don't think i'll ever cross to Marvel, although the World War did catch my eye, might check that out...

actually after OYL it seemed to me that they hit the brakes and established more and more a light "silver age-ish" shade over their stories. We will see what the "Final Crisis" will bring.

Sherman, set the Wayback Machine to the 70s.

"Light" is an understatement it's almost bordering on self parody at times lol.

One Bat Day would be awsome.

No sorry, my brain fell out for a moment there...

DC is pushing a bit more mainstream, but thats always gonna be the case, follow the money so to speak. Marvel is more, I don't know how to put it, kid-friendly? Mostly through the successes of the movies, but they have a brighter pallette almost.

DC still owns though, I don't think i'll ever cross to Marvel, although the World War did catch my eye, might check that out...

Not neccessarily kid friendly per se but I'd say more recognizable to the general public than DC thanks to classic TV shows that had a big effect on pop culture and made even some of their lesser known characters like Iron Man much more familiar to the average joe than say Green Lantern, The Flash or Green Arrow. As well as crazy cross merchandising that includes a lot of their characters as opposed to their 2 most popular ones unlike DC. Marvel has always been on the ball on putting their characters really out there for better or worse DC has always let their stories do the talking.

"Light" is an understatement it's almost bordering on self parody at times lol.

that's right. when you try to return to some point in the past it often feels so forced. You cannot achieve the same spirit these old stories have. And yes, DC has always been the company of inconsistent character portrayal. When Batman fought some strange alien with the Justice League and then in his own titles he said something like "I don't believe in ghosts!" and such stuff. Or the legendary creator Bob Haney who changed the portrayal of Batman and every other character he used just to fit his story. In one issue Batman was wisecracking and funny, in another one he had an in-continuity son and in a Joker story he wrote such a gritty Batman who said after a murder to Gordon something like "I'll hope you'll find him before me or you won't capture him alive". LOL. And Batman captured him and let him live anyway. Not to mention when Batman made Batgirl and Wonder Woman fall in love with him, I don't really remember why :cwink:

that's right. when you try to return to some point in the past it often feels so forced. You cannot achieve the same spirit these old stories have. And yes, DC has always been the company of inconsistent character portrayal. When Batman fought some strange alien with the Justice League and then in his own titles he said something like "I don't believe in ghosts!" and such stuff. Or the legendary creator Bob Haney who changed the portrayal of Batman and every other character he used just to fit his story. In one issue Batman was wisecracking and funny, in another one he had an in-continuity son and in a Joker story he wrote such a gritty Batman who said after a murder to Gordon something like "I'll hope you'll find him before me or you won't capture him alive". LOL. And Batman captured him and let him live anyway. Not to mention when Batman made Batgirl and Wonder Woman fall in love with him, I don't really remember why :cwink:

LMAO or when he married Batwoman and then months later bragged about how marriage isn't part of his M.O. that Batman sure is an indecisive **** lol.

LMAO or when he married Batwoman and then months later bragged about how marriage isn't part of his M.O. that Batman sure is an indecisive **** lol.

Bon Haney, for sure , was a genius

he even made Batman diss Spider-Man LOL

scan0055.jpg

yeah, Batman is a dick:
scan0035.jpg
scan0034.jpg
scan0064.jpg

when you know everything about a character he ceases to be mysterious. it wouldn't have worked the other way around.

I agree. There is only so much screen time to explain everything he has, and where he got it.

I know a lot of people are looking forward to a possible Batman/Superman movie, but has anyone really thought about the fact that if Nolan keeps grounding Batman to reality as opposed to comic reality the movie won't work.

Thats brilliant, Batman finally standing up and showing them women who's in charge!

That's what Bale's Batman should have done after Katie Holmes' double-slapping!

I would have loved to see that scene, would have made Katie Holmes' casting worthwhile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"