Watch Arrested Development.NOW.

I've been wondering the same thing hero...I assume better now that it follows the Simpsons

The Saddam/George Sr. thing....not quite as subtle the Bush references,but still hilarious.:up:

And was I the only one cracking up uncontrolably every time they played the sad Charlie Brown music?

Arrested killed me tonight, my roomates must think Im nuts when I watch this show, so much funnier than the Simpsons...

Yeah, this episode was too awesome. I think my favorite line was:

Michael: I think George Michael is hiding Anne in the attic.

Lindsay: From who, the Nazis?

But considering i was laughin throughout the whole show, its hard to tell:)

How can more people not watch this show, this is Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm quality stuff.

Other than Gob stuff, i didnt really like this ep that much. But i was rolling when Lindsay wore the shirt that said **** on it.

I just watched this show for the first time i found it to be Hillarious,I can't believe i have been missing this,It's like a live action Family Guy.

The Hero said:
The Saddam/George Sr. thing....not quite as subtle the Bush references,but still hilarious.:up:

And was I the only one cracking up uncontrolably every time they played the sad Charlie Brown music?
Yeah when they showed Gob walking after being named Poof Goof of the year I was in tears.

Fox's stats for last week I believe but this might be from 2 weeks ago. Football ran late so Malcolm had that big lead in, which helped it beat Simpsons. AD is in the middle there and it disappointingly can't beat the lame reality shows ahead of it, but 4.1 isn't actually that bad. Oh, the season 1 DVD is in the top 50 sellers on amazon.com, and it comes highly recommended. Meaning, buy it you apes, because you need to watch each episode of the show at least thrice to catch all the subtleties.

#1: Malcolm in the Middle: 6.3/10
#2: The Simpsons: 5.8/9
#3: The Swan: 5.3/8
#4: Nanny 911: 5.2/8
#5: America's Most Wanted: 5.0/8
#6: Trading Spouses: 4.9/7
#7: Cops: 4.7/8
#8: The O.C.: 4.3/7
#9: Arrested Development: 4.1/6
#10: House: 4.0/6
#11: That 70's Show: 3.9/6
#12: Quintuplets: 3.2/5
#13: The Rebel Billionaire: Branson's Quest For the Best: 2.9/4
#14: My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss: 2.7/4
#15: North Shore: 2.6/4

I missed the start but was able to catch both Xmas parties. Gob is such an *******, and his little tirade in what he'll do to people was hilarious. Then bragging about his suit (covered in crap on the back) and wearing the banana suit was great. Afternoon Delight or Afternoon Deelite was a smart choice and poor Tobias. I asked for season one on DVD so fingers crossed. And how about Ann's religious family party?

The Watchman said:
How can more people not watch this show, this is Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm quality stuff.

Remember Seinfeld was beat out by Jake and the Fatman early on.

slinger said:
Seinfeld is episodic and easy to get into, whilst AD can scare off people unfamiliar with the ever-evolving tale

Just to let you guys know, in the paper today I checked Target's ad and Arrested Development Season One is on sale for $22.99. A dollar per episode people, is what that boils down to. Do yourself a favor (as well as helping bring a third season into clearer view) and pick it up. Twenty three dollars people!

Not Jake said:
Seinfeld is episodic and easy to get into, whilst AD can scare off people unfamiliar with the ever-evolving tale

They had continuing storylines on Senfeld. Larry David felt it made it more realistic referencing previous episodes.

Spoiler on Martin Short's guest appearence. Can't wait.
He's done it: Martin Short has found a character even more sexually repulsive than his Jabba the Hutt-like alter ego, Jiminy Glick. (No, he's not playing David Gest.) This February, the actor-comic-contortionist will guest-star on Fox's Arrested Development as a 90-year-old former fitness guru (think Jack LaLanne, only much, much scarier) who offers to help bail out the bankrupt Bluths in exchange for a one-nighter with Portia de Rossi's Lindsay. If she says no, I hear Janice Dickinson's game.

slinger said:
They would move up on the ratings list,then he'd get fatter and they would go back down...it was very sad.:(

slinger said:
They had continuing storylines on Senfeld. Larry David felt it made it more realistic referencing previous episodes.
The most Seinfeld ever did was the California two-parter, or bringing back a character for a much later episode, like Poppy or Babu. Just dropping one reference here or there (usually about one of Jerry's girlfriends from a previous ep) doesn't even compare with AD's story. AD is a continuously evolving tale, intimidating to many viewers. A lot of jokes in the show can't be fully appreciated if you only watch episodes sporadically. Completely the opposite case with Seinfeld.

Yes AD is a more evolving tale but remember The Pilot season, George/Susan engagment, Kramer's coffee table book, Elaine/Puddy - while not like AD it had stuff that might make the casual viewer go "What Chinese restuarant?" By watching the DVDs you really do notice it more when they point it out in the Inside Look features.

Yeah, the number of in jokes is a lot. But i think once someone gets into the show, no matter where they start, they can get it easily.:up:

slinger said:
Yes AD is a more evolving tale but remember The Pilot season, George/Susan engagment, Kramer's coffee table book, Elaine/Puddy - while not like AD it had stuff that might make the casual viewer go "What Chinese restuarant?" By watching the DVDs you really do notice it more when they point it out in the Inside Look features.
I doubt I will notice it more on the DVD, seeing as how I've watched mind-boggling amounts of Seinfeld. But really, even if that's the case you still cannot argue that Arrested Development is easier to get into than Seinfeld. It's not even close.

Unbelievable news!

Co-writer, co-director, co-creator and star of The Office, Ricky Gervais, will appear on Arrested Development. Ricky has turned down tons of roles due to his Golden Globe wins, but isn't in it for the money and fame he prefers to be proud of his work.

So anyway http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4152361.stm

"So I'm writing for The Simpsons, appearing on (sitcom) Arrested Development and making appearances on The Late Show with David Letterman."

Could be the greatest Arrested ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"