Transformers Weaving Vs. Welker

Welker. He has a much more sinister and GRITTY voice. Like an old, greasy, ancient machine.
=P

Tobey Maguire for Bumblebee! It's poetic. There's still time... let's start a petition! :cwink: :woot:

Morgan Freeman for Starscream!!

he's god you know.

I don't really care, but judging from that recent Welker clip, I'd pick Weaving, even though if anyone is going to replace Welker, it is going to be David Kaye. (Who my generation knows as Megatron)

Welker's recent Megatron audio was a little off from how it once was, but you have to take into consideration, that Megatron was just another gig for him, he probably has to practice. However, the Weaving thing is kind of interesting. As for Kaye (who Warhammer's generation knows as Megatron), i think his Megatron is a bit too comical and goofy to be the voice of a psychotic world conquer. This is supposed to be a "what would happen if real robots came to earth" kind of thing instead of directly translating the cartoon, so the whole kid-friendly thing needs to be completly ignored. We need for Megatron to freak people out!!!

Hmm could be, you have to remember that Shockwave is a subtle, detached, calulating character. Do you think Hugo can pull that kind of character off? He also has to have that "husky" type of voice IMO.

Have I mentioned that I love Shockwave? :heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltEYTrf_8rM :heart:

His performance as Agent Smith sold me on his abilities. I'm sure he could do "subtle, detached, calulating" just fine.

I had no idea Weaving was even in the running to do Megatron's voice. I would normally pick Welker, but hearing Weaving as Megatron does sound tempting.

Welker and Cullen are nothing more than fan appeasement because they know how much they've diverged from anything resembling the original. I also like how it's ominous they are taking forever casting voices...suggesting if anything the characters voices are pretty inconsequently to them (however most DON'T speak so they don't have much to cast).
In the February script, yes. It was one of my biggest gripes because the lack of Decepticon dialogue (in some cases zero) was just another example of them being treated as uber-death machines rather than characters. Although Roberto Orci recently had this to say in reply to the following questions...

Q: Ok... does every bot/con have at least one/two lines in the movie? (or all but one or 2, like scorponok, or Frenzy?)

And are most/all of them identified by name?

A: 1.) Yes, at least.
2.) All identified by name.

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/showthread.php?s=&postid=833576&highlight=lines#post833576

I'm not sure if he expanded on this elsewhere because I don't read the official board.

In the February script, yes. It was one of my biggest gripes because the lack of Decepticon dialogue (in some cases zero) was just another example of them being treated as uber-death machines rather than characters. Although Roberto Orci recently had this to say in reply to the following questions...

Q: Ok... does every bot/con have at least one/two lines in the movie? (or all but one or 2, like scorponok, or Frenzy?)

And are most/all of them identified by name?

A: 1.) Yes, at least.
2.) All identified by name.

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/showthread.php?s=&postid=833576&highlight=lines#post833576

I'm not sure if he expanded on this elsewhere because I don't read the official board.

It's going to be confusing if Frenzy is identified by name... but he transforms into a boombox and he'll probably have Soundwave's distored voice.

I have feeling they're going to try and have it both ways. They won't identify Frenzy as "Frenzy" and most people casual fans (not in the know) will assume he's Soundwave.

Well, being that I group watching Beast Wars I would absolutely :heart: LOVE:heart: if David Kaye did the voice of Megs(I doubt it will happen though).:csad:

But whatevs! :oldrazz:

.......:trans:

fortress_maximus.jpg
That is one of my favorite toys in my collection :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"