webhosts?

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
can anyone recommenced any good, decent and relatively cheap web hosts. everyone i look hate seems to have as many positive reviews as it does negative ones

I have used nexcess.net for numerous things...
If they are a tad more expensive than the bargin basement providers dont worry..

The service is TOP NOTCH...

bweebhosting.com and bluehost.com are my two faves.

jag

BlueHost is good and cheap. Hostgator and DreamHost are good aswell.

i was really looking into hostgator but they have stopped windows hosting for the moment.

i also looked into blue host could electrix or jag, tell me anything about them, how are they to use

Bluehost has some nice features in their user control panel and access to a lot of auto-install apps like Gallery (might be attractive to you since you're a photographer), blog software, etc. You can test drive their User CP at their site so you can get a feel for how their system works. The one thing about Bluehost that has always been good in my experience has been their support; seemed to be a bit more responsive and knowledgeable than most budget hosting companies the couple of times I needed something from them.

jag

cheers jag, i've the site(my portfolio) designed and created so i'm just looking for someplace to upload it. does bluehost allow this( and is it simple to use), or do you have to use there setup to design the site

cheers jag, i've the site(my portfolio) designed and created so i'm just looking for someplace to upload it. does bluehost allow this( and is it simple to use), or do you have to use there setup to design the site

Nah, you can just create your site and upload it via ftp and be up and running if that's the case. :up:

jag

nexcess.net does a great job of this...

i hate this, for every 5 to 6 good reviews i find the same number of bad. i was planning on using godaddy for the domain and hostgator for the hosting but they have stopped windows host at the moment :(

why is this so hard

i hate this, for every 5 to 6 good reviews i find the same number of bad. i was planning on using godaddy for the domain and hostgator for the hosting but they have stopped windows host at the moment :(

why is this so hard

Stop your whining. When I was your age we had to choose webhosts uphill both ways in eight feet of snow in -50 degree weather.

jag

Stop your whining. When I was your age we had to choose webhosts uphill both ways in eight feet of snow in -50 degree weather.

jag

When I was your age, a web host was a spider web that ate little hobbits.

A real WebHosting company hosted stuff on freaking VAX systems.

When I was your age, a web host was a spider web that ate little hobbits.

A real WebHosting company hosted stuff on freaking VAX systems.

When you were my age you were still younger than me. :o

jag

Tripod....haha! Hilarious! :hehe:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija