Weird Science Remake

Project X was funny. 21 Jump street was really funny. Weird Science 2000's?

Could be funny, could be verrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy bad too.

If handled poorly by studios that just want to milk it for nostalgia's sake yes but if somebody that respects the premise and gives it their own spin on it I woudn't mind Jonah Hill producing it at least.

Or maybe Seth McFarlane who knows 80's pop culture can make it work too.

Oh noooo no no Project X was horrible.........21 jump street not so much..

Project X was funny as hell just not too good.

Personally, 'Weird Science' isn't one of the better Hughes movies so I'm not against a remake.

But it did give us dat song...
[YT]Jm-upHSP9KU[/YT]

I remember the show more than the movie. I ended up seeing the film and it's pure 80's fun. But it aint no Pretty in Pink or Ferris Beuller.

Personally, 'Weird Science' isn't one of the better Hughes movies so I'm not against a remake.

Still much better and more creative than most of the garbage that comes out these days in the genre.

Yeah back then only rich people had computers, it would seem pointless now with computers in every home that anybody can create their dream guy or girl.

Anybody hoping for a cameo by Anthony Micheal Hall or RDJ?

Don't forget Bill Paxton as Chet.:hehe:

Would Alice Eve be to short for Lisa?

Other Lisa Candidates that I would like to see...

Kate Beckinsale
Evangeline Lilly
Erica Durance
Sofía Vergara

Durance is too botoxed, Lilly is a bit too girl next door and Vergara is ****ing impossible to understand. But Beckinsale or Eve could work.

They'll probably maintain the original's staus quo by casting a british or aussie chick with two american actors for the nerds.

Alice Eve could work. Beckinsale might be a little too old. *ducks for cover*

Alice Eve could work. Beckinsale might be a little too old. *ducks for cover*
No your right. As hot as Beckinsale still is and while she looks very young for her age I would say she's a tad bit too old for the part.

For the actors, I guess it all depends on the age range they go for. If they make the jump from high school to college, I could buy Clark Duke, but he is way too old for high school and pushing it for college, even.

Also, how about Rosie Huntington-Whitely as Lisa. That way you can also bring in her boyfriend (Jason Statham) as one of the bikers at the end.

Don't forget Bill Paxton as Chet.:hehe:
And have him sporting the same buzz cut and act even more unstable, priceless.

Donnie Darko said:
Also, how about Rosie Huntington-Whitely as Lisa. That way you can also bring in her boyfriend (Jason Statham) as one of the bikers at the end.
She was uncessary in TF3 but hey it aint like she's getting those Oscar winning roles so she might be up to play Lisa.

Would Alice Eve be to short for Lisa?

Other Lisa Candidates that I would like to see...

Kate Beckinsale
Evangeline Lilly
Erica Durance
Sofía Vergara

I'm not sure any could rock the 'in your face' 1980's hair that I think the character needs to have.

Scarlett Johansson on the other hand, perhaps can.

I'm not sure any could rock the 'in your face' 1980's hair that I think the character needs to have.

Scarlett Johansson on the other hand, perhaps can.
Ugh! a mannish voice and a wandering left eye are not the qualities of a female created from technology bits.

I... am not against this.

But more importantly, hopefully RDJ comes back to his bully henchman role.

Hopefully Danny Elfman can score the movie or get Oingo Boingo back together to do an updated version of their original theme song.

Counting down till Upton is considered >_>

Durance is too botoxed, Lilly is a bit too girl next door and Vergara is ****ing impossible to understand. But Beckinsale or Eve could work.

I still her as Jeannie for "I dream of Jeannie" movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"