The Dark Knight What are your exceptions from "The Dark Knight"?

Two-Face

Harvey Dent
Reaction score
Plus Non-spoiler forum needs to be active as well as spoiler forum. I expect this movie to be kick ass, Harvey Dent portrayed right unlike the previous movies - B89 and BF where in BF Two-Face's TLJ was just second character to Jim Carrey's Riddler. Jack Nicholson's Joker was great portrayed and better threating then Cesar Romero who was great in his own right at that time, Nicholson still had Romero's camp somewhere in the darkness of Joker so I hope Ledger's Joker will something that just won't copy previous actors performance.

All signs FINALLY point to a live action depiction of Two-Face the way it was meant to be.

That's the biggest pay off of TDK for me. To finally put Tommy Lee's hammy performance to rest and let the audience at large know just how tragic and psychologically twisted Dent and his fall from grace truly are.

CFE

I´m pretty much expecting Nolan to deliever another excellent film, I haven´t been disappointed with any of his films in the past so I´m thinking he´s going to raise the bar of Batman movies with TDK like he did with Begins

yeah it's gonna be sad to see Nolan go when he's finished...:(

CFE

It's sad considering that Tommy Lee Jones is a better actor than his performance of Two-Face in "Batman Forever" would suggest. Imagine if he'd gotten to play Two-Face as the tragic psychopath he's supposed to be? Oh what could have been...

Anyhow, I'm hoping this film will kick ass and blow all other summer 2008 films out of the water - well, except Iron Man and the new Hulk, I want Iron Man and new Hulk to do well.

i dont blame tommy lee jones for what happened. i place the blame soley on schmucker.

Everything so far tells me Nolan is gonna top BB. This just might be the Ultimate Batman Movie.

I really dont what to expect to be honest. Initially I was more confident about this movie being probably the best comic book film of our generation (ok, second to Watchmen) but there are a few little things here and there that I'm too sure of.
What I do know is its definetly going to be one of Christopher Nolan's most ambitious projects. It might be a little too out of his range, but overall it certainly sounds like its going to be action packed. I'm just wondering wether people will think it's too action-packed?

I also think this could be the Ultimate Batman movie. Some of my favorite Batman characters are here and everything seems to be coming alone nicely.

I can't decide if I'm more excited to see Joker or Harvey Dent/Two Face...

I expect this film to be everything that Batman Begins could've been but wasn't. Tighter dialogue, better plot and structure, greater characterizations of the supporting casts and villains, Batman/Bruce Wayne dealing with the consequences of his actions in the previous film both good and bad. Most importantly Batman getting more and more consumed by his war on crime & the effects this has on his world in general.

Also Two-Face is my favorite villain so I'm glad that he'll finally get his just due in live action no crying like a baby while holding a gun here. I've been a big supporter of Ledger and though I hate the look they went for I totally feel he's gonna do the character justice and that his performance as The Joker will be a career defining moment for him. Especially since it will take the mainstream by storm since they're not really familiar with a Joker who is handled that darkly. Only thing that sucks is that it'll be so good that people will start panning Nicholson who was great in his own right just to big Ledger up, watch.

Im expecting the following

-Heath Ledger will make a great Joker
-The Dark Knight will surpass Batman Begins
-This movie will be darker than Batman Begins
-Two-Face will look like he was suppose to
-More Batman less Bruce
-Be a box office surprise

-A fearsome Joker. The look, and his little shennanigans seem to be right in line with the character.

-The Bruce Wayne/Harvey Dent interactions are something I'm the most interested in.

-Morzan

I expect another damn good movie from Christopher Nolan. Cliche response, I know, but that's just how I feel :o .

Plus Non-spoiler forum needs to be active as well as spoiler forum. I expect this movie to be kick ass, Harvey Dent portrayed right unlike the previous movies - B89 and BF where in BF Two-Face's TLJ was just second character to Jim Carrey's Riddler. Jack Nicholson's Joker was great portrayed and better threating then Cesar Romero who was great in his own right at that time, Nicholson still had Romero's camp somewhere in the darkness of Joker so I hope Ledger's Joker will something that just won't copy previous actors performance.
Those aren't exceptions.

Mine are very, very low. At the moment, I'm more excited for Hulk and Iron Man than this movie.

expectations you mean? I expect greatness. Nothing in particular I want, because I might get disappointed. Just overall greatness in the finished product. I don't think that is too much too ask.

The fact that Joker wears a dress concerns me just a little, but otherwise I give everyone on this board a guarantee that The Dark Knight will be the best superhero movie known to man, the superior of all films, and the greatest contribution to the cinema since fire!!!

After all, we have to take Caine's word for it; can someone say Oscar(s) for me!:woot:

I expect a good thriller with an interesting story and some good performances, i also expect it to move the characters along from BB. Action wise i still don't know what to expect as Ive only really heard of one big sequence and I'm not sure Nolan is an action guy. The Joker i am gonna try to just take as an elseworlds as I'm already disappointed by choices in this department.

Mine are very, very low. At the moment, I'm more excited for Hulk and Iron Man than this movie.

Really ? IM i can see why as it looks pretty exciting and fun, Hulk though for me has shown nothing other than Ed Norton to get me excited.

Truthfully I'm more interested in Body of Lies, Eagle Eye, Bond 22, Indy and Righteous Kill than any of the comic movies.

Biting dialouge, more than twelve memorable scenes, oscar performances from the leads and supporting cast, INSANE action and special CGI sequences, smooth key gripping, excellent best boy work, an over the top score featuring circus themes as well as circus animal noises embedded into the music, emotionally moving Hans Zimmer style circus themes, long, sweeping Hans Zimmer suites, a waltz, the return of Prince, the return of the guy that showed up to ruin Prince songs with his new jack rhymes on early 90's Prince jams, breathtaking, baby making Hans Zimmer motifs, graphic violence and a dozen or so sophisticated jokes.

Pretty high, two face and the joker are my fav chars, tommy lee jones depiction was a wacky joker clone for some reason.

I think Nolan is going to improve his work on Batman with TDK. Just like what Singer did to X2, since he improve that film a lot compare to his first X-Men film. I hope Nolan accomplish the same, if not better. :)

I'm expecting Nolan to be on top of his game on this one. Take all of batman begins strenght such as: substance, and take nothing from batman begins weaknessess such as: the action, and the fighting. I'm expecting this movie to be balanced out very well in terms of action and substance, I want darkness, tragedy and people dying. I hope the joker makes me laugh but in a sick way, I hope the camera is steady and we get to see how smart and incredible fighter the batman is, according to bale this is the most brutal batman yet, I want batman kicking ass left and right. I'm expecting alot from this movie, and I hope Nolan brings his A game, remember the success of this movie will determine if the Batman Begins universe shall become a trilogy. I want a trilogy dammit! lol.

So far, am enjoying this thread. What I expect from this movie is the unexpected. As much as I've visisted the spoiler forum, I've been cautious enough to avoid heavy spoilers. Although this is relative. I loved the first one, but I knew what was going to happen next. I want to be surprised with this one. I think this one will be better, definitely. And different too. This is the vibe I'm getting, different. I think it will expand more of what is established. It will be much darker, not in look. But in tone. Am thinking since Bale is definitely more comfortable with his Batman role/interpretation, so will the viewers. Once the movie start the audience will recognize the feel of the movie. Then the movie will take you by surprise. This is Nolan's style. I suits Batman.

And the thing that I'm most curious about though. Its not the Joker, its not if someone dies or gets killed, its sure as hell is not Two-Face or the Batpod or the gadgets. Its not the batsuit. I'm intrested in what, in my personal opinion people have been overlooking. I'M INTERESTED IN THE DARK KNIGHT HIMSELF, AND HOW HE ROLLS WITH THE PUNCHES. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE BATMAN'S SHOW, HOPEFULLY NOLAN FOCUSES ON BATMAN EVEN MORE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"