The Dark Knight What aspects of The Dark Knight do you think will influence future films in Hollywood

P.S. Perhaps its biggest future influence I'm going to guess is that it will cause filmmakers to really start considering the viability of IMAX cameras for feature length narrative films.

Secondly, where are these magical places it could end in the third cut? And if it ended at the 90 minute mark with Joker captured that would be SO anti-climactic. That is a great chase scene but as Batman and Joker had not really interacted and the whole Rachel subplot and most of all Harvey Dent and his arc hadn't been concluded...well it would have sucked then.

yea i dont understand people who complain about run time. would anyone really want this movie to be just another 90 minute work out?

-America is ready for darker comic-book movies
-Villains that look scary attract people
-viral marketing is very affective
-killing the love interest is a good idea
-comic-book movies can be lengthly

The remake of Steven Kings "the IT" can you imagination PennyWise the Joker.

The remake of Steven Kings "the IT" can you imagination PennyWise the Joker.

damn that movie gave me nightmares about clowns for years when i was younger!! and every time i woke up sweating and crapping myself it would be another nightmare...........i had clown wallpaper!! NOOOOOO!!!!
but i watch it now and just laugh at the overall crappiness of it. lol

Although TDK doesn't really break any new ground in terms of style and tone for films in general, it does for superhero comic adaptations, this is my big hope especially for the remaining franchises WB has up it's sleeve, that the films are treated with the same level of maturity and care that TDK was, basically not to make these film as kid friendly features, films that are more grounded tales that don't follow conventional blockbuster wisdom, that aren't afraid to kill off characters or use heavier themes, films that have intelligent stories, that take some risks and not just play it 'safe'. That is the influence I hope TDK has. As for Hollywood in general, I think TDK will herald the start of a new IMAX era of film making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"