What Brought You to the Hype and What Keeps You Here?

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
What Brought You to the Hype and What Keeps You Here?

Some of us are fairly new to the hype, some have been here since the Spider-man Hype days and many fall in between. This is essentially a feedback thread for the Community Forum(s) mostly, and the Hype as a whole.

I've been a Moderator of this forum for quite some time, and I've always striven to have it be a place on the Hype where all fandoms, personalities and eccentricities can come and find some topics to discuss that don't really fit in anywhere, and to get to know each other better.

When we all first found the Hype, I highly doubt it was for a Lounge or Community Forum, so what was the fandom or reason you stumbled upon the site? How did you come to discover the Community Forums, and what keeps you coming back?

Let's discuss the good, and the bad that goes around here, and some ways to improve it. And above all, let's be civil, and not stupid yall. :halo:
This can also be a Q&A section of sorts if need be. We may not be able to answer everything you ask, but you'll never know until you ask :)

I'm insane, and I have fun being here.
Even the loss of dear comrades did not make me leave.

It started in bluethights.net, back when Superman Returns was in the workings. Then I saw that many of the posters there posted here too and mentioned this site. So I joined too and for a while I was on both sites. Then bluethights decayed.

Good banter from the members and love for all superhero movies keeps me here.

First came across it while trying to find out what was going on right at the start of The Dark Knight viral campaign. Joining in the hint for clues and following the progress of that game here on the hype stands as my favorite online experience.

What Brought You to the Hype

I was once a huge fan of everything to do with Batman v Superman starting back in mid 2013 when MoS released and after SDCC 2013, always browsing the internet on something to do with it, whether it be at home, work or Uni. And one day while i was browsing the internet i stumbled up a BvS Box Office thread on shh and saw all these thread, in fact, an entire thread dedicated to BvS! Thus the moment i joined this website.

and What Keeps You Here?

Honestly, lots of good folks here to discuss and laugh about all things in the nerd culture, like comics, video games, movies, tv etc.

Now even if a agree or heavily disagree with someone, i still really enjoy the community aspect of Hype.

Last edited:
I came for the Cheerios, and stay for the Corn Flakes.

Discovered the Hype in 2009, signed up in 2011 to join the Dark Knight Rises anticipation. Fun times. Been here ever since, with a one year break in between.

I came on here in early 05. I had visited it a few times when it was Spider-Man Hype, but started posting when I saw that this was one of the only places talking about the new Batman film being made. Nobody was talking about Begins back then.

It was also my first time really discovering forums (I was 15) and a place where I could talk to comic fans that were as nerdy as I was. I got to experience the SM3 and TDK hype on here, two films that have yet to be surpassed fr the sheer amount of excitement they built, and many things since.

I don't post as often as I used to because I've found that as I get older I start to see similar trends and similar arguments recycled, and I think that's just the nature of mediums like this. At one point, everything was new to me, and I had impassioned debates about them, and then new posters come along and have the same debates because it's new to them too. So naturally I've taken a step back from being as active as I was. But I still enjoy reading through people's opinions on whatever's happening in pop/comic culture.

I signed up for the Spider-Man 2 and Hellboy discussions.

I stay cause the place is fairly nice.

First came across it while trying to find out what was going on right at the start of The Dark Knight viral campaign. Joining in the hint for clues and following the progress of that game here on the hype stands as my favorite online experience.

The online fervor for that movie was insane. The viral marketing, the numerous discussions. Even when it was full out insanity on here, (right after Heath was announced) it was still fun.

Hmm, I guess Spider-Man is central to this place. I saw some Spidey news in 2014, lurked and then joined. I can't remember what the news was.

I stay cause' I'm waiting for more Spider-Man news ;)

Been here since the Spider-Man Hype days. What kept me coming back was news of Superhero films coming into talks back then.
Fantastic Four, was when I was here A LOT even before I was a mod. Ghost Rider was also in the making and Mark Steven Johnson was a regular here. THEN Thor was announced and I became a Moderator with the Corpulent One helping out in the Thor Boards lol

I came around for the Spider-Man 3 hype. Dropped off until after I saw TDK, left until the unveiled the first promotional image of Bane. Dropped off again after TDKR, came back for Suicide Squad after I learned more about the IP.

Now I'm mostly Lounge only, but will be dropping into the CBM sections when we get more on Suicide Squad 2, Gotham Sirens and the Deadshot movie.

While I had been lurking on the Hype for a bit more than eight years, I registered in 2010 because I wanted to discuss superheroes news and such with other people, along with other movies and television shows I liked.

Now, back then, I was still a bit shy to the Internet business, so I didn't used to post too much and still mostly lurked for news. However, about a few months ago since I had no one to talk to about these things (at least, not to this extent), I decided to return from my seven year hiatus of sorts and start posting again, although with much more frequency, and I haven't regretted it ever since.

I stay because, well, like I stated before, I love discussing these things with people who share the same interests, and hearing out other points of view that differ from my own, as long as they aren't hyperbolic. I mostly hang out in the Justice League sub-forum nowadays.

I came around to talk about the Nolan Batman films, and got really into things when the TDK virals were happening. Just stayed around. I appear and disappear every so often.

I originally came around in March of 2006, followed a link to the fan art section and noticed monthly contests. After a hiatus I forgot my password and just resigned up as "Madder" :p

Basically for most of my entire time here was cooped up in the fan art section, only just recently trying stretch out into other sections.

I like the variety of the boards so you can really get in depth conversations about just about any topic. That's what brought me here.

What keeps me here is he huge community which means there tends to be a high chance your posts won't get ignored

I had just bought my first computer and got internet service....I was also reading the latest issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, it had a small article on internet sites and among the ones listed as a site to be looked at was SUPERHEROHYPE.....so I came here and never left. I stay because I love talking and reading about comic book related stuff.

I discovered the hype on September 10, 2001 after seeing the Spider-Man movie website for the first time. I remember the banner on that site, at sunset with the WTC featured in the skyline. I started looking up info about the new movie, leading me to what was just Spider-Man Hype at the time, if memory serves. The next morning, that beautiful, peaceful vision of the city was forever changed. Like the world, though, the movie, the Hype, and all of us carried on.

I kept coming back for years, only following the news stories, lurking on the boards, and watching the site explode and evolve in parallel with this age of comic book movies.

I finally joined in 2004, and have been as happy as a pig in slop ever since. I hit the boards when I'm excited, or mad, or need an escape, or just wanna see who's talking about what. I come back because you guys are my people.

I arrived one day at Spider-Man Hype, looking for a news source of the first Spidey movie.

Ive stayed almost 17 years due to reading good comic movie info, and some genuine friendships I've made. Then I got brought on as a mod, and it's been hell ever since. :gngl:

I was lurking since 1998 or so, but an old poster by the name of Lord Snipe recommended I actually sign up to this place. Great group of people back then, Snipe, Batman's Iron Fist, Clerk, Motown Marvel, Joker and El Payaso (The wrong Joker titled poster is still around that's for damn sure).

I stick around because too many people would be better off if I did go.

I showed up looking for funny superhero pictures.

Sue me. I like comedy. :p

The other thing that keeps me here is that C. Lee hasn't banned me yet for my awful puns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"