What Brought You to the Hype and What Keeps You Here?

Had heard of this site many years ago and would occasionally come across it. At the time I had other forums to go to. The bland color design may have turned me off here too.

But I'm a huge superhero movie fan and have since lost interest in my other forums so decided to join. Excited for the discussions.

hate to break it to you Texas, but i think the guy to girl ratio here is still probably at least 15:1 lol

Used to lurk the IMDb message boards for Thor: Ragnarok. Once they got shut down I followed Finarfiniel here, though I didn't actually make an account until recently.

I needed a forum to go to because not many other girls at school care/know enough about superheroes to have informed discussions and theories.

Came here for the photoshops, but stayed for the ladies...

haha -kinda the opposite for me. A little worried to admit it in this jumpy post-Weinstein period, but:
there used to be a thread called something like the "Celebrities" thread (not to be confused with the RIP Celebrity Thread).
The ladies there are what drew me to site back then, on a somewhat regular basis.

Had great traffic, that thread.... so naturally, was nuked (some years back now -for legal reasons, if I recall correctly).

Still I visit here every now and then, just to see the Art/Photoshop threads.
(RIP Vartha btw).

I found out about the place after reading Wizard magazine in 2000. It was called Spider-Man Hype at the time and was all about the original Spider-Man movie and comics. I was in college and didn’t fit in very well so it was an escape.

It’s still a place to meet likeminded people, although I post far less often than in my college days. The politics forum keeps me sane.

It’s still a place to meet likeminded people, although I post far less often than in my college days. The politics forum keeps me sane.
now that's a sentence i've never heard on here before lol

Found this site looking for Spider-Man 3 news. Was practically addicted to it for a number of years. I still come here to read news and opinions on anything MCU related. I also love interacting in the sports section. Some wonderful people in there.

Lots of good posters here, though many more have left. I'm here for comic book film news and TV shows. I also post a lot in the politics forum.

I joined a decade ago in anticipation of Days of Future Past and posted frequently on the X-Men boards until Dark Phoenix. After that, I came here only to post and update on the top 10 films of the year threads. Last year something changed and I've been posting more frequently than ever, I love all the movie talk far beyond superhero films. It's a nice place with nice people and the only forum I frequent these days.

I can't remember if I've already answered...

Good caption contests thread brought me here. Good ole Panthro.

Y'all keep me here. and the fact that they keep on making superhero movies and I keep wanting to have, like, opinions man.
I'll finally be expelled when you get tired of my constant pun-posting.

I started here to figure out if I was seeing Venom in Spidey’s eye on the Spider-Man 2 poster. I can’t remember if I had a different account back then and forgot what it was or not, but that’s probably the case. I know that I frequented this cite and BoF during the Dark Knight Trilogy. But these Boards and the comics board discussions specifically kept me here for good since around 2014.

Oh, the constant debate of whether or not there was a villain reflected in Spidey’s mask. You couldn’t escape it.

So many quirks about this place if you’ve been here long enough.

Teh puffy. I still don’t know what “teh puffy” is.
M. Bison always posting a picture of M. Bison in every post.
“Lol are you from South America,” regarding Bane in TDKR.
The endless debate about Iraqi WMD in the politics thread.
The Hottest Women Thread.

I remember coming to this site to get hyped about X2, then I was a pretty regular poster here for probably a decade after that, now I just pop in once in a while to say hi.

Hi! :hi:

I remember coming to this site to get hyped about X2, then I was a pretty regular poster here for probably a decade after that, now I just pop in once in a while to say hi.

Hi! :hi:
Hey, buddy. long time no see. :D Come by more often!

I found out about the place after reading Wizard magazine in 2000. It was called Spider-Man Hype at the time and was all about the original Spider-Man movie and comics. I was in college and didn’t fit in very well so it was an escape.

It's important to know what side of the bread the butter's on.

I came here to talk to people about Marvel movies and then I liked making fun of people....and then I stayed nice and insane on the politics threads....and then I went wonking around the Sports threads.....and then I forget.

I've kept tabs on the main news pages of this site for a long time. When it came time for me to join the forum, I was looking for a place where I could be myself without ticking the majority of people off. I've only been here a couple of days, so that last part is still in limbo.

wow. I can't believe it's been over a decade.

well, I touched upon the subject here for a bit, but back in 2012 I was obsessed with DKR especially before it released, and even more so especially because I was fascinated with Bane.

that was the inspiration for my username, but nowadays I'm not really into it as much. I've thought about getting it changed, but a lot of members here particularly in the Games section probably recognize me by the username, so why not just keep it this way?

and speaking of Games, after the hype for DKR died down I think I stopped posting for a little while, but resurged & returned in 2014 when I bought a Ps4 and wanted a community online to discuss video games with. most of the people are friendly & fun to converse with, and that's what keeps me here :like:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"