What Brought You to the Hype and What Keeps You Here?

I'm not entirely sure how I first discovered this site, but I was solely on the front page with my Disquis account for a while, and then one day I was like "Let's see what this forum thing is like" and now, after several years of probably way too much time spent on fancasts and forgetting which threads I've commented on, the rest is history :woot:

the runup to the 1st Raimi Spider-Man film brought me to the Hype back when it was Spider-Man Hype, though I was only a lurker/reader back then.

I joined as a poster in 2005 in the runup to Superman Returns.

I've visited the Hype practically every day since because it is my main form of social interaction online. :)

what did you look up on google to get directed here?

Came here because of Venom_UK's Eddie Brock Clubhouse thread
Still here to update the Marvel x DC Voting Game thread and see how far it'll go.

what did you look up on google to get directed here?

I think it was "comic book forum". If it wasn't this specific quote, it was something related to that, for sure.

It's sad, I certainly missed the golden age of Internet forums. Most of forums I find (not only the comic book ones) hasn't being updated in some time.

I came here for The Dark Knight Rises rumours and information. I found myself part of a ragtag team that involved a homosexual from New York, a transvestite, a Belgian who had intercourse with cars, and a Greek (none of those descriptions are insults (except for the Greek)) - I left because most of them left but a bit like Pennywise, everytime the Peruvian marching powder kicks In, I reappear.

I came here for the Wrestling Thread officially, it was so fun back in the day. I was a long time lurker before that though, I believe the X-Men Last Stand build up wasmy introduction to this forum, could be wrong.

Why do I stay? Comic discussions, funny pics, awesome pics. Pop in on random threads, mostly don't post.

I came here for The Dark Knight Rises rumours and information. I found myself part of a ragtag team that involved a homosexual from New York, a transvestite, a Belgian who had intercourse with cars, and a Greek (none of those descriptions are insults (except for the Greek)) - I left because most of them left but a bit like Pennywise, everytime the Peruvian marching powder kicks In, I reappear.

i remember you :up:

The dark knight stuff way back. Just got on for the first time in over a year.

Last edited:

Leave!

I always comeback to superherohype forums to talk about comic books pretty much.

That and Ive had enough of CBR.com's bullcrap involving their forums and their so called rules. Ive apologized to them so many times yet they play stupid games by not answering me giving me the silent treatment since last year.

They did have a nice message board but now I got tired of their nonsense for awhile.

Superherohype's members are more respectful towards each other anyway which I like

I remember somehow navigating my way to this site in 2012/2013 after getting really tired of all the crap on the IMDB boards, and eventually signing up in 2014 to take part in the discussions after lurking.

I really, really enjoy this site because, have to reiterate this again, how respectful members are of everyone else. And in the online world of hate, racism, bigotry, etc., it’s pretty remarkable.

And I hope as this site continues to grow, that the focus on quality discussions and strong moderation doesn’t flounder.

I agree.

In the past I have never had any argument problems with anyone or the "moderators here at superherohype forums.

I dont mean to call out names but CBR had some annoying stuff going on in their forums and their moderators that I just got fed up with.

Anywayz its a good day outside so I might go for a walk or go eat at the park or something.

When the first TF movie was announced and I got linked to "spoiler" pic of optimus prime potential look in live action and I've been a daily visitor ever since and finally created an account when the awful TNMT pictures were leaked I had to say something lol

What brought me here?
The first Raimi Spider-Man movie (it was called SpiderManHype back then)

What keeps me here?
I'm a sad man.

What brought me here?
The first Raimi Spider-Man movie (it was called SpiderManHype back then)

What keeps me here?
I'm a sad man.
Morty Gloom sad?

latest

I'd been lurking since the OG Spider-Man days, but didn't join until Spider-Man 3 was in production. I was 16 and the hype I had for that movies was just completely insane. Learned how dangerous hype could be after that though.

What keeps me here are the other posters as corny as that sounds. I enjoy the conversations and the stuff I learn about entertainment. Some of you guys are faster than the trades with your info as well, so it's a lot of fun patrolling the forum for new info regarding the big movies. With the current CBM landscape though, it's gotten a bit exhausting trying to converse about every single film, so I mostly just hang out in the JL boards. Those are the most active and fiery obviously haha. But there are a handful of posters, both fans and critics of the DCEU, whose opinions I really trust. So I feel like I get a good balance.

I searched to see how other boards where dealing with The Brave. While there wasn't much the search did lead me here. So in a short time in lurking mode I saw all the MCU discussion and said why not.

I just want to say, this forum is awesome and the people here are fab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"