BvS What Comicbooks do you think the movie will take inspiration from aside from TDKR?

I suspect Kingdom come.There are aspects of that story that can be adapted to introduce superhumans into the MOS verse

Why would they use stories about the heroes coming out of their retirement for one last hoorah as their basis for a movie that is supposed to introduce them at their very beginnings? You might as well use Batman: Year One for his ending.

Hopefully some Birthright influence for Lex. I don't want him to be some long-lost friend of Clark's, but I hope that we get that scene of near-psychotic obsession from him.

Why would they use stories about the heroes coming out of their retirement for one last hoorah as their basis for a movie that is supposed to introduce them at their very beginnings? You might as well use Batman: Year One for his ending.

Hey they are already introducing elements of TDKR into the movie.So Kingdom come is viable.

As for why?
Because they are elements of this story that cld help BVS

Hopefully Azzarello's run as far as Wonder Woman and her mythology goes.

Hey they are already introducing elements of TDKR into the movie.So Kingdom come is viable.
And that is the most superficial thing they could possibly do.

- Hey, let's make a movie about the beginning of the JL!
- Sure, but i loooove Batman Beyond. What if... Batman was an old man?
- Uh ok... just make us a billion dollars.
As for why?
Because they are elements of this story that cld help BVS
Such as?

I mean surely we could consider all the countless stories about the formation of the JL and the origins of the heroes before we use Kingdom Come as inspiration. It makes no sense and it screams "let's use it because it's one of the few famous books i've read."

Cavill's Superman has a Jim Lee; For Tomorrow feel to it but I agree with the Kingdom Come aspects of the story. Man that would be WILD.

And that is the most superficial thing they could possibly do.

- Hey, let's make a movie about the beginning of the JL!
- Sure, but i loooove Batman Beyond. What if... Batman was an old man?
- Uh ok... just make us a billion dollars.

Such as?

I mean surely we could consider all the countless stories about the formation of the JL and the origins of the heroes before we use Kingdom Come as inspiration. It makes no sense and it screams "let's use it because it's one of the few famous books i've read."

Millers Batman makes sense if you are going for a Batman.Kingdom come has elements that support a Batman vs Superman conflict,Metahuman vs human conflict,WW and Lex involvement within conflict

Millers Batman makes sense if you are going for a Batman who is an antagonist to Superman which is what they are going for.Kingdom come has elements that support a Batman vs Superman conflict,Metahuman vs human conflict,WW and Lex involvement within conflict
He doesnt necessarily have to be old and jaded though. They could be two young men at odds with each other.

Also, i dont see how Kingdom Come can help introduce the other heroes when it takes them as granted and established at an age that is past their prime.

He doesnt necessarily have to be old and jaded though. They could be two young men at odds with each other.

Also, i dont see how Kingdom Come can help introduce the other heroes when it takes them as granted and established at an age that is past their prime.
They are going for a version of TDKR Batman the best antagonist Batman.He has to be old and jaded for it to work.How old they can play with.

Replace the older established heroes with younger greener versins that are just debutting

The film makers have already said Affleck's Batman is "tired and weary" maybe not old, but he's definitely jaded and angry.

Which is something I want to see. Angry, crazy Batman at first...

You're taking it too literally. Too 'on the nose'.

The point is "inspiration".

There's plenty of great details in Returns or Kingdom Come, that they can use without making the characters old like in those graphic novels. They can reverse some of those things and make it work for their own interpretation.

Slightly different but I want Superman to say this in the film.

Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear...until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share--I'll never stop fighting. Ever." - Action Comics #775 "What's So Funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way?

You're taking it too literally. Too 'on the nose'.

The point is "inspiration".

There's plenty of great details in Returns or Kingdom Come, that they can use without making the characters old like in those graphic novels. They can reverse some of those things and make it work for their own interpretation.

Exactly the piont I was trying to get across.

"Fall of Metropolis"storyline. The idea that Lex secretly turned Metropolis into a weapon whilst building the city was genius and would fit right in BVS

Nolan actually took inspiration from some very good comic books and some of those that I'd recommend have already found their way on screen in his Batman universe.

I just hope that they'll take as less inspiration from TDKR as possible.

From TDKR What id like the movie take is
-Batman charatecisation
-Gadgets used to battle Supes
-Mutant army for Bats.

Nothing more than that

I found that even Batmans characterization was a bit too extreme in that book. And it's coming from a guy who likes his Batman brutal, brooding and unapologetic.

I found that even Batmans characterization was a bit too extreme in that book. And it's coming from a guy who likes his Batman brutal, brooding and unapologetic.

I LOVED Bats characterisation.Love Psycho bats.It was slightly extreme sure but only slightly to me.

Well I say, it's just a bit over the line for my tastes, not much. I even like Batman occasionally being a complete jerk, but there were some moments that bothered me in that book.

Still, it's nothing when compared to the way Superman was depicted there.

From TDKR What id like the movie take is
-Batman charatecisation
-Gadgets used to battle Supes
-Mutant army for Bats.

Nothing more than that

Iffy on Mutant army but like the rest.

I think a Kingdom come influence is likely.WW presence and Supes new look in BVS may hint at that

I doubt Bats will have a Mutant army. Something like that would take too long to explain. I think the TDKR inspiration will be evident in Batman's suits (this much has been confirmed) and probably some of the characterization of Batman (contempt for Supes and... everyone else). Nothing beyond that.

Batman having drones patrolling Gotham could be a KC influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"