The Amazing Spider-Man 2 What Did You Not Like?(Spoilers!!!)

yup, that bothers me too, BEN was his real father, he raised you, it evens bother me that at the aftermath when he lis listening to Gwen speech they show a picture od him with his mom and dad instead of his Uncle and Aunt, it would be a nice touch that he replaces that picture with one where he is with Aunt May and Uncle Ben, i mean he visited Gwen more than the man he raised him did

There is some months gaps between Tasm1&2 but i see your point,the scenes of him visiting Gwen grave was just so perfect and sad :csad:

I think that they put in Alister Smythe and Felicia Hardy simply just as easter eggs. They hardly do anything in the movie, so they could have gave them completely original names and it wouldn't have made a difference. Smythe didn't seem like the type of guy that would be able to invent robots to hunt down spider-man.

Well I don't know about Smythe, but the producers have already heavily teased that Black Cat is coming eventually. So I think that Felicia is to this movie what Agent 13 was to TWS. A small appearance just to introduce the character and then expand her role in later films.

There is some months gaps between Tasm1&2 but i see your point,the scenes of him visiting Gwen grave was just so perfect and sad :csad:

And that should have been the end of the movie (and the beginning of the next one for that matter). Instead we got the stupid Rhino scene at the end because god forbid that we have an actual sad ending after the love of Peter's life just died a pretty brutal/horrific death not five minutes earlier. No, let's tack on some dumb goofy end scene for no good reason.

And that should have been the end of the movie (and the beginning of the next one for that matter). Instead we got the stupid Rhino scene at the end because god forbid that we have an actual sad ending after the love of Peter's life just died a pretty brutal/horrific death not five minutes earlier. No, let's tack on some dumb goofy end scene for no good reason.

I had a problem with the ending before watching it,no matter what happens crimes still happen,Spider-Man is needed,like Gwen said "No matter how lost you feel you must promise that you will hold on hope,people will need that", this is one of the things i love about Peter Parker,no matter the **** he is going trought he never stops helping people.

Peter still isn't over Gwen's death,but when he listened her speech he found his way back.

That could have worked, but like everything else in this movie, it was rushed. I just don't buy that that's all it would take to snap him out of it. And it kind of cheapens the emotion of her death imo. The fact that you go from these very emotional scenes to Paul Giamatti's ridiculousness didn't help matters. Peter should have still been in a dark place in the third movie, and then elements (a new threat, remembering Gwen's words, befriending MJ, etc) should have forced him back into action. That would have worked better and been much more impactful imo.

I had a problem with the ending before watching it,no matter what happens crimes still happen,Spider-Man is needed,like Gwen said "No matter how lost you feel you must promise that you will hold on hope,people will need that", this is one of the things i love about Peter Parker,no matter the **** he is going trought he never stops helping people.

Except the five months he actually stopped helping people. :dry:

he actually does have advanced healing in the comics, so i liked that they mentioned it

Fair enough, it was just the presentation that made it jarring. There was no forshadowing, just no pre-mention of any of this. Something as big as this between Harry and Peter should have been demonstrated beforehand. But nothing.

This scene was just born out of convenience to the plot, hence why the advanced healing came off as convenient.

Except the five months he actually stopped helping people. :dry:

If my wife were to die suddenly and possibly at what have could of been interpreted as my fault, yeah, you can be sure I'd be taking some serious time off from work.

If my wife were to die suddenly and possibly at what have could of been interpreted as my fault, yeah, you can be sure I'd be taking some serious time off from work.

:up:

What i'm saying is that Peter never stops being Spider-Man definetely,he is a person like everybody else,he has emotions too,Peter is not over Gwen's death but he is needed out there,he can lost an arm and that wouldn't stop him of being Spider-Man.

I didn't like the plane scene because whocares about characters we have never seen previously? Even if the little kid he saved from the bullies had been on one of the planes I might have cared about the scene and it might have made sense to include it but as is the scene flat out doesn't work. I can't believe that I just rewrote the scene better than the screenwriters. You're welcome Orci, Kurtzman and the other guy.

I didn't like not getting an explanation on how Electro can turn his suit and shorts into Electricity. Also where did he get the super villain get up?

There are so many other issues but I'll only ***** about those for now.

And a giant Rhino mech attacking people is a pretty damn good reason to get back into the swing of things.

Ahhaha. Ha.

Only three nitpicks:

Gwen cutting Spidey's webbing. Had the films ever established that Spidey's webbing gets brittle and/or weaker with the passage of time, I would have had a problem with it.

Spidey taking off his mask on the bridge. I've found this annoying in all Spidey films, and not indicative of the lengths to which a hero would go to protect his identity. Given that Spidey is a known entity to the city and there are camera phones and telephoto lens everywhere (possibly in the helicopter behind him?), he wouldn't remove his mask in public at all.

Rhino looked worse than in the trailer. I really hope he gets a costume revamp. He looked ridiculous.

I didn't like the plane scene because whocares about characters we have never seen previously? Even if the little kid he saved from the bullies had been on one of the planes I might have cared about the scene and it might have made sense to include it but as is the scene flat out doesn't work. I can't believe that I just rewrote the scene better than the screenwriters. You're welcome Orci, Kurtzman and the other guy.

I didn't like not getting an explanation on how Electro can turn his suit and shorts into Electricity. Also where did he get the super villain get up?

There are so many other issues but I'll only ***** about those for now.

The other problem with the plane scene was that it didn't involve any of the main characters. Peter, Gwen, Electro, Harry, and Aunt May had no idea it was happening. If the writers wanted to show the impact of a total blackout on a city, they should've focused on a medical emergency in Aunt May's hospital, or something like that. Or they could've done what you recommended.

And a giant Rhino mech attacking people is a pretty damn good reason to get back into the swing of things.

Ahhaha. Ha.
On behalf of the fine people of New York City and real rhinos everywhere, I ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air. :spidey:

I was baffled why they didn't just focus on Aunt May in the Hospital. It's something I've been pondering for weeks now. The character would have gotten more screentime and everything but then the plane thing comes out of nowhere. Since it's there I just try to make it work better but really it should not be in the film at all.

I was baffled why they didn't just focus on Aunt May in the Hospital. It's something I've been pondering for weeks now. The character would have gotten more screentime and everything but then the plane thing comes out of nowhere. Since it's there I just try to make it work better but really it should not be in the film at all.

What's really weird is that the writers were clearly trying to get Aunt May more involved in the story by giving her a nursing plot, probably because she was played by Sally Field. That would've been a perfect opportunity to give her a dramatic subplot. Instead, they ignored her in favor of a plane no one would ever care about.

I didn't get to read all these so...

Mainly Max Dillon as the "geek before bad guy" as seen in Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Iron Man 3. Also his origin.

One of the flaws in the movie according to me is that Dane's acting and the general way he was handled was a little underwhelming. His relationship with Pete was not cemented and his Goblin was an okay villain. I think that they could have included Harry in the 1st movie instead of trying to include him in the 2nd. His arc would be pretty interesting if he found out about his disease at the end of the 1st film. Also, it could have given the filmmakers a great cliffhanger to end TASM1 with.

Plus, I do not like DeHaan as an actor that much. Granted, he was good in Chronicle but Harry Osborn possesses a certain charm and is pleasant to be around. Who would want a creepy friend like DeHaan who scares you in the elevator?

That could have worked, but like everything else in this movie, it was rushed. I just don't buy that that's all it would take to snap him out of it. And it kind of cheapens the emotion of her death imo. The fact that you go from these very emotional scenes to Paul Giamatti's ridiculousness didn't help matters. Peter should have still been in a dark place in the third movie, and then elements (a new threat, remembering Gwen's words, befriending MJ, etc) should have forced him back into action. That would have worked better and been much more impactful imo.

That's how I felt too until I decided it was better than him brooding unseen for 8 years....

Agree about the plane sequence and more Aunt May in the hospital.

The planes were so lame. They were trying so hard to call back to the plane crash at the beginning of the movie, but no one cares about them because Peter has no clue about the planes.

It's not like in The Dark Knight when Batman knows about the boats and he's actively trying to save them. As far Spider-Man knows, he's just got to get the power back online. The planes added nothing to the stakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"