What do you think about the action/fight scenes?

DyeLorean

...and the plot thickens
Reaction score
I think they were very good but everything happened so fast that the action/fight scenes turned out being too short. There were so great parts, the armored truck being my favorite, but it happened all too quick :dry:

I remember Avi Arad saying the subway fight was better than the train fight in SM 2 ... wtf??? :o:o:o:o:o:o

What do you all think about the "action/fight" scenes in the movie?

D!

Spider-man's movements through out the action scenes in this movie were easily the best in the series. No question this one had the best action. Thought they were great. Best part was Spidey saving Gwen from falling .

And some people complain about the "in your face" fight is BB... the fights on SM3 where to fast to actually see anything bur a couple of blured figures revolving around each other

Peter vs. the New Goblin: Mensa-mensa. The new additions were good, but the grappling at the beginning was indeed cartoony.

The crane rescue: Not too bad. It could have done with a better flow from the CG model of Spidey to the real suit, but good overall.

The Sandman encounter: As good as it could have gone. I like that they gave the Sandman the action that I feel the character could provide without compromising his moral structure, and gave the "villain slipping away" motif of the books a chance.

Black-Suited Spider-Man vs. the Sandman: Okay, though the fact that the symbiote was just fine amongst the noise of the subway bugged the heck out of me. The CGI was again rather cartoony as he swung amongst the pipes.

Peter vs. Harry Osborn: Very good and visceral. I didn't expect the claws from underneath his clothes, and the verbal retorts made the spats of blood here and there all the more intense.

The battle royale: Okay, again. I loved the sense of comradrie between Peter and Harry as they pulled off some amazing stunts against the Sandman, but Venom was severely lacking in input and the fact that the giant Sandman didn't utterly crush Peter took me out of the action. The climax was good, if unnecessary in two ways.

Peter vs. the New Goblin: Mensa-mensa. The new additions were good, but the grappling at the beginning was indeed cartoony..
a good fight....one of the best scenes in the flick....kinda sucks that i've seen this before in that preview and that alot bad storytelling sandwiched it....

The crane rescue: Not too bad. It could have done with a better flow from the CG model of Spidey to the real suit, but good overall.
bad story setup, good CGI(thats a trend in this movie)

The Sandman encounter: As good as it could have gone. I like that they gave the Sandman the action that I feel the character could provide without compromising his moral structure, and gave the "villain slipping away" motif of the books a chance.
good scene, nice comedy at the end with Spidey cleaning out the sand in his suit lol funny

Black-Suited Spider-Man vs. the Sandman: Okay, though the fact that the symbiote was just fine amongst the noise of the subway bugged the heck out of me. The CGI was again rather cartoony as he swung amongst the pipes.
MAJOR flaw in the symbiote story, he uses sound to defeat it later, but i guess its invulnerable right now, face it, Raimi didnt do his homework folks, or he's an idiot, either way its a failure.....the actual fight again was good, nice CGI of Sandman's face against the train, cool.....

Peter vs. Harry Osborn: Very good and visceral. I didn't expect the claws from underneath his clothes, and the verbal retorts made the spats of blood here and there all the more intense.
i'm mad that i saw Peter fight again, i dont ever wanna see Tobey's face in a fight scene, EVER....

The battle royale: Okay, again. I loved the sense of comradrie between Peter and Harry as they pulled off some amazing stunts against the Sandman, but Venom was severely lacking in input and the fact that the giant Sandman didn't utterly crush Peter took me out of the action. The climax was good, if unnecessary in two ways.
it had its moments, hated pretty much anything Venom did, anytime he spoke, just felt rushed into this fight including Venom.....but Sandman rocked again and Harry was awesome(i'll ignore the dumb story setup...) but the way he died was poorly executed, just saw it coming, felt forced, oh welll, good CGI....but we learn that good CGI doesnt make up for bad stories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"