Arson: 8

Assault and battery:9

Possession of Narcotics:7

Driving under the influence:6

Kidnapping: 8 and a half

Money fraud(cheating on taxes or stealing from a company): 2

Child Abuse: 8

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Well thats not rape and child rape. Don't try an be a smart ass. I talking about grabing a woman in an alley or breaking into her house and forcing yourself on her.

I'm talking about little kids, not 15 year olds. Personally I think that if a 13 year old consents to sex an adult male shouldn't be arrested for it.
you can't separate cases just to make yourself feel better

that's like me saying, i separate murder with guns from murders with knives.

or euthenasia from killing babies.

It's all still murder.

the thread starter doesn't dispute and separate the vast categories and i feel that people shouldn't either when coming to their judgement. I haven't voted nor do i intend to put down a 1-10 scale system based on some skewed perception of a general crime i have.

I'm jsut trying to show things aren't as clear cut as you may seem.

i can go rape isn't that bad when it's between slightly different ages around the age of consent.

You can go it's the worst thing when being forced against your will and drugged or overpowered.

we're both probably right but what does that do when we're coming to give our answers, should mine take yours into account, do yours take mine into account. Probably not and it just comes down to people being narrow minded about the scale of the crimes being discussed.

and that is my point.

the law distinguishes between a child and an adult. a 15 yr old can go out and kill someone and they won't get trialed as an adult because they are a child even though the adult intent may be there. I don't make the rules however i am aware of them and i'm not going to skew my perceptions of what a criminal may be or say one criminal is better than another based on a one word description of their crime.

i don't think you or anyone else should either.

Robbery/theft:6

Murder:8

Rape:9

Arson:9

Assault and battery:9

Possession of Narcotics:9

Driving under the influence:7

Kidnapping:9

Money fraud(cheating on taxes or stealing from a company):5

Child Abuse:10

The biggest crime was ommited Treason.

Odin's Lapdog said:
you can't separate cases just to make yourself feel better

that's like me saying, i separate murder with guns from murders with knives.

or euthenasia from killing babies.

It's all still murder.

the thread starter doesn't dispute and separate the vast categories and i feel that people shouldn't either when coming to their judgement. I haven't voted nor do i intend to put down a 1-10 scale system based on some skewed perception of a general crime i have.

I'm jsut trying to show things aren't as clear cut as you may seem.

i can go rape isn't that bad when it's between slightly different ages around the age of consent.

You can go it's the worst thing when being forced against your will and drugged or overpowered.

we're both probably right but what does that do when we're coming to give our answers, should mine take yours into account, do yours take mine into account. Probably not and it just comes down to people being narrow minded about the scale of the crimes being discussed.

and that is my point.

the law doesn't distinguish between a child and an adult. a 15 yr old can go out and kill someone and they won't get trialed as an adult because they are a child even though the adult intent may be there. I don't make the rules however i am aware of them and i'm not going to skew my perceptions of what a criminal may be or say one criminal is better than another based on a one word description of their crime.

i don't think you or anyone else should either.

Things are that clear cut. Right is always right and wrong is always wrong.

rove.jpg

Treason.

More seriously (though Treason's pretty bad):

Rape, murder, and abuse of children: 10
Rape, and abuse of women: 9
Murder of adults: 8
Treason/abuse of power: 7
Corporate theft: 6
Regular theft: 5
Drunk Driving (Not murderous): 4

Though drunk driving is a really tricky one, as it can lead easily to murder. At the same time, driving home after having three or four beers at the bar after work isn't worthy of the death penalty. I understand why we come down hard on it, and I don't have a problem with that, it's just that there are degrees and the accidents matter more than anything else.

ScottyBBadd said:
Things are that clear cut. Right is always right and wrong is always wrong.
just because something is against the law doesn't automatically make it wrong, and vice versa.

if things were so clear cut, then the law system wouldn't have become as complex as it is today.

:o

passerby said:
Crimes are commited everyday within the United States such as the ones listed below. On a scale from one to ten (ten being the worst) rate each crime from your personal opinions. You can choose the same number twice.

Robbery/theft:

Murder:

Rape:

Arson:

Assault and battery:

Possession of Narcotics:

Driving under the influence:

Kidnapping:

Money fraud(cheating on taxes or stealing from a company):

Child Abuse:

Ignorance is the worst crime.

- Whirly