What do you want from future Batman movies?

It's been subtly implied that he was a kiddy fiddler. But they never confirmed it to be true.

Firstly, Warner Bros is never going to approve Batman fighting a child molester supervillain.

Second, I know it's been hinted at in the comics before but it has always left a bad taste in mouth. It seems to be edginess just for the sake of being edgy. Hatter is already plenty creepy enough without the child molester angle since he's a delusional psychopath who is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. That should be enough to make him creepy. Besides he can be a capable threat with his mind-control technology.

I think it works for the character but leave that for the comics. We'll never get it in live-action unless they sign off on a R-Rated Batman movie or HBO series. If they can have those Rorschach scenes in Watchmen then they can do it in a riskier Batman film. But i dont see that happening for a very long time. It probably won't happen period.

I hate that character anyway. Such a dumb looking, poorly written, cheesy, filler of a villain.

I want to see an adaptation of Hush with Olivia Wilde as Catwoman, Peter Dinklage as Penguin, Aaron Paul as Riddler and Michael C Hall as Hush.

I want to see an adaptation of Hush with Olivia Wilde as Catwoman, Peter Dinklage as Penguin, Aaron Paul as Riddler and Michael C Hall as Hush.

Natalie Portman - Selina Kyle/Catwoman
image001334113117149ymuzai.jpg

Jim Broadbent - Penguin
47593.jpg

Edward Norton - The Riddler
norton-legacy01.jpg

Jude Law - Hush
e972e95fa7afc8bfd30ee5c16795eec6.jpg

Except there is no real Batman. It´s a fictional character whose characteristics change at the will of the writer.

My favorite Batman story doesn´t even have Bruce Wayne. Batman Year 100.

Yeah, I am tired of this. There are numerous versions of this character, Adam West campy that many people's parents and grand parents grew up with loving. One of my favorite Batman is a freakin' vampire (Red Rain), and I love the nutjob Miller made. You have the Shadow rip-off of the Golden Age, there are so many. What defines the true Batman? Snyder? Finger? O'Neil? Who! You could argue about a newer character, who doesn't include various multiverse depictions and varius non-comic portrayals like a Judge Dredd or something, but not Batman, I'm sorry.

the Arkham games really insinuate some horrible things with Mad Hatter, makes pounding him into the ground very satisfying.

I think Nolan did a giantly good job in re-inventing batman and making it so professionally incorporating so many elements of the comics, it's hard to 'outdo' Nolan's work.

What never should happen is go back the 'joel schumacher' way though.

Nolan's 3 batman movies are amazing, however, it leaves the franchise with a bit of a 'problem'.

You don't want it to keep beeing too grim and dark. Even though Batman as a character is gritty, it needs to step a bit away from becoming 'sad'.

It also needs to avoid becoming camp. It also needs to avoid being repetitive.

Batman should not reboot, and should avoid the Joker and Bane to be re-introduced. It won't work.

The Joker did end pretty well, it doesn't need 'closure' or continuation. That being said,

I can see one way of re-introducing an older, more crazy, menacing, and vengefull joker; specifically through the "
Batman: Under the Red Hood" - Joker/Black Mask scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vay4-ieB1fk

Still, i think the joker should be left alone as a character.

Instead, the Riddler indeed would be a great personality to introduce, but please, do not use camp actors. stay away from the 'popular' actors. It just doesn't work.

The riddler could be a great character as somebody influenced or 'inspired' by the joker.

Pushing the 'detective' side of Batman to the limits.

Thing is, there's no way of knowing how a new Batman movie could be like untill the Batman VS Superman came out. How will the story be? What will it close with?

Does batman come out of his 'lair' because of superman?

If the super-film wouldn't excist, you could have the Riddler being a serious and dangerous threat for Gotham, in the style of the Joker, but worse, forcing batman [once again like with Bane] out of 'retirement'.

But would the new Batman movie be timelined before, or after the events of Batman Vs Superman?

One thing i'm more inclined to be interested in, is Joseph Gordon Levitt as 'Robin'. TDKR ending was supreme. How to incorporate that? I don't know.

Last edited:
getting out of Gotham City for once. Give him an international case to solve.

More physical villains. People who haven't been seen yet in the films.

A definitive Robin, non-adult.

Different vehicles. Go beyond the car and the jet plane.

getting out of Gotham City for once. Give him an international case to solve.

Different vehicles. Go beyond the car and the jet plane.
Batman in Honk Kong was cool in TDK, but i dont need to see it again. I want Batman in Gotham only, unless he's working with the Justice League.

Batman Returns? TDK/R (Bat-pod)?

Pulp science fantasy that treats the freakishly fantastic like real mobsters ie they would deal with Bats, the cops etc as would thugs and gangsters in the real world.

RE: Mad Hatter: Imply, imply, imply and let the audience decide for themselves if he's getting up to that ****.

What do I want from the next Batman film?

- Directed by Ben Affleck. With Affleck cast as Batman and his classy crime-thriller leanings as a filmmaker, at this stage I'd be disappointed if Affleck DIDN'T direct the next solo Batman movie. It's maybe the part of him being cast in the role I'm most excited about. I think he'd be a great fit, and he hasn't directed a bad film yet.

- The Court of Owls. They may be a very modern foe, but I think they could present a fantastic foil for an established Batman, and allow for a darker, more psychologically-driven tale, but still with added physical elements in the threat from the Talons.

- The return of The Joker. I know a lot of folks don't want this, but it kinda has to happen. The Joker is a pop culture figure almost as iconic and popular as Batman himself, and when Batman shows up, people want The Joker to follow. The Joker will be reintroduced to moviegoers the same year as Batman with the appearance of Jared Leto in Suicide Squad, further heightening the anticipation of the rematch. Plus, I imagine the earliest we'll get a new solo film is 2018, which will be a decade since The Dark Knight. One way to get around the problem of doing another Joker-centric tale could be to cast him in the role as a spoiler of sorts to the plans of the primary antagonist, a wild-card playing to his own agenda.

I think it works for the character but leave that for the comics. We'll never get it in live-action unless they sign off on a R-Rated Batman movie or HBO series. If they can have those Rorschach scenes in Watchmen then they can do it in a riskier Batman film. But i dont see that happening for a very long time. It probably won't happen period.

I hate that character anyway. Such a dumb looking, poorly written, cheesy, filler of a villain.

Read New 52 Dark Knight, Vol. 3 - Mad. He's a rather tragic and ****ed up character.

I'd love to see that dark storyline from Return of The Joker revisited where Harley kidnaps Robin and they turn him into Joker Jr. Something along the lines of that at least, I wanna see Joker and Harley causing a lot of chaos in Gotham.

Jared Leto and Margot Robbie are gonna rock.

I want to see Batman's fighting style(s) become more impressive. I know I've said it before but whoever is at the helm needs to take cues from Cap in TWS. Batman needs to have that 'wow' factor when we see him fighting.

And I'd also like to see him out of Gotham as well. So many different ways to do it, too.

I'd like to see a psychological thriller type where Batman has to go into full detective mode. Perhaps have the Riddler as the villain. Sure, bones will still get broken but the fighting won't be the main focus, hopefully we'd have seen plenty of that in BvS and the JL movies by then.

Do you guys think audiences would 'buy into' two ongoing Batman series of movies set in the same continuity?

I'd love a Batman Beyond series of movies set in the future with an elderly Ben Affleck Bruce Wayne and a modern day Batman series spawning out of BvS. Both in the DCCU but Beyond being more seperate and free to do its own thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"