What do you want from future Batman movies?

I really want the next Batman movies to be visually appealing like the Burton/Schumacher movies, they need to drop the real world aesthetic of the Nolan movies and adopt a horror/dark fantasy aesthetic for these new movies. The villain designs are a chance to create some really memorable visuals..
RRdasmz.jpg

I want Joker again. An Arkham takeover movie would be a dream come true. I also really want to see Clayface and Mr. Freeze. I loved Arkham City's take on those characters. I loved Arkham City's take on every character pretty much actually. A blend of the Arkham games, the animated series, and A Serious House on Serious Earth would be ideal
Sidekicks: Dick Grayson/Nightwing, Barbara Gordon/Oracle, and Tim Drake/Robin would be my ideal lineup for these movies. we got 3 Batman movies with just Batman, it's time for the sidekicks to show up.

I want a more stylized Gotham. The Burton/Schumacher movies made Gotham really visually appealing, I want a return to that.

The Batcave needs to be much more over the top and impressive than Nolan's Batcave. This is another area where I prefer what the Burton/Schumacher movies did.

I want a more Gothic soundtrack this time around. Elfman's Batman is so definitive Batman.
[YT]kRZAk2rfESU[/YT]

It's perfect. Shirley Walker's Batman work was also excellent. Hans Zimmer's work on TDKT was great for those movies, but for this new series, I want something that retains some elements of the Walker and Elfman themes.

It shouldn't border on Batman Returns creepy horror again...but I don't think parents care as much these days about what their kids watch, so who cares? :hehe:

Don't remind me because of them complaining we never got a third Burton/Keaton movie instead we got Batman and Robin.

I'd like to see more film noir elements. Internal monologues, a more grimey and stylized Gotham, with perpetual rain or snow. Make Gotham seem like a constant hell hole. Maybe some ambiguously supernatural elements.

Importantly, make Batman basically a 1950s style hard boiled detective and the stories more mystery based. A "whodunnit?" style murder mystery with Batman would be awesome to see.

I'd like to see more film noir elements. Internal monologues, a more grimey and stylized Gotham, with perpetual rain or snow. Make Gotham seem like a constant hell hole. Maybe some ambiguously supernatural elements.

Importantly, make Batman basically a 1950s style hard boiled detective and the stories more mystery based. A "whodunnit?" style murder mystery with Batman would be awesome to see.
:up:

We need a Batman series on HBO. That's definitely the best way to do it. Ben Affleck isn't above HBO if McConaughey isn't.

I dont want to see that with Affleck, since this a film universe that's shared with other superheroes.

Once Affleck does his film and the Justice League stuff is over, then i want the Batman franchise to move to HBO and do a R-Rated series on Batman. A stand-alone universe without superheroes (like Nolans in that sense) but with this..

That's how i would do it on tv.

I think Affleck's one-off movie will have a bit of this but i see an older Batman battling the Joker for the final time. That's what i think anyway. I say leave the who-dunnit mysteries, Dick's origin, a 30 something Bruce, to the tv series. The more fantastical villains too.

If Afflecks movie has more to do with an Arkham storyline with the older Joker, then do what i said for the HBO series. But if Batfleck gives us a detective story with say..Riddler..then do the fantastical arkham story over the course of a couple of seasons over on HBO.

When JLA and the spin-offs are winding down, they shouldn't jump into ANOTHER bat reboot on film. They'll need to take a break. It's a golden age for HBO, AMC, Showtime, Netflix. Having a Batman show like how we get Breaking Bad, True Detective, Mad Men, Sons Of Anarchy, Dexter, Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead, House Of Cards would be perfect. They're doing a r-rated Daredevil show, they can do the same with Batman eventually.

Last edited:
We need a Batman series on HBO. That's definitely the best way to do it. Ben Affleck isn't above HBO if McConaughey isn't.

I agree even if its only just a mini-series. They should explore some of the comic book villains we haven't seen on the big screen yet as well like Black Mask or Clayface

Something I want to see in a future Batman movie would have to be The Last Laugh, it's one of my favorite storylines, but to do it, we need the right Joker. The last laugh would be a great movie idea, because it's one of those rare villain-centric plotlines that give us more insight on villains we know and love. The issue that I do see with Last Laugh being a movie is that there are WAAAYYY too many characters in the story, so there would be a lot of things being cut.

But another main thing I want to see is a live action Batman Beyond movie. And I want them to cast Kevin Conroy as old Bruce Wayne, just for the BTAS nostalgia.

I disagree about needing an R-rated Batman series. Despite what some writers seem to think, there's not really much in Batman's basic lore to push it into that level of violence/swearing/whatever, nor IMO is there any real need to strive for it. Even something as dark as the Arkham Asylum stories are more just creepy and unsettling rather than anything particularly gory or violent.

If we're looking for a non-network avenue for a Batman show, I say Netflix is a better bet.

R-Rated or not, i think it's a great idea for a non-network Batman series. Not too many episodes.

I want the Bat- family and a Gotham filled with recurring characters and antagonists. You don't need Arkham to be an open door asylum if villains have active roles in the underworld. Have Batman and a Robin interrogate the Penguin in the Iceberg Lounge, have Robin chase Catwoman before Batman has to explain to them why they don't chase Catwoman, only he does, and a world where no one, and I mean no one, talks about the Joker unless they have to, just in case he's listening. And maybe we see Cassandra Cain sparring with Nightwing, or Babs and Tim working hacking magic on something.

And to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing some version of Death in the Family retold. Though I've got an idea how you could play with it, and increase its tragedy while including Superman in some kind of Dawn of Justice sequel: Joker's patron and supplier is Lex Luthor, who makes several bombs and just gives them to Joker, who of course breaks them down to make even more dirty bombs (and probably tries to kill Lex with one for the lulz). Jason, and Supergirl who he's bonded with (and maybe more just because overprotective Clark would be funny), are kept out of action until late in the film, when Jason stops one bomb but is captured, beaten, and about to be blown up. Supergirl rushes to save him, only for a second, back up bomb to go off right before they're out of range. Jason's critically wounded in a very visible manner, but after she drops Jason off, Supergirl collapses from kryptonite fragments imbedded in her back (Lex provided the bombs after all). While Supes and Bats track down Joker and Luthor, Jason is left half conscious in a medical bed. As Supergirl possibly dies, we see someone is hanging out around Jason; and old man in a cape. When they capture Joker but don't kill him or Luthor, Jason is visibly angered and dies. However, he seems to agree to something the old man says...

Sorry I havent read everything. Im just a little concerned they will do the Joker too soon. I loved his version in The Dark Knight, and as a respect to Heath Ledger it should be awhile before another actor takes his place.

I agree with the earlier posts calling for Nightwing, by far one of the best characters in my opinion.

A crazy exciting rooftop chase between the bat and the cat. Leave "realism" at the door and let those two grapple and whip their way around Gotham.

They need Joker in the Affleck film.

To me it's not definitive until i see him. West had Romero. Keaton had Nicholson. Bale had Ledger. Now it's Afflecks turn. Even if Joker is only in a couple of scenes, that's good enough for me.

Sorry I havent read everything. Im just a little concerned they will do the Joker too soon. I loved his version in The Dark Knight, and as a respect to Heath Ledger it should be awhile before another actor takes his place.

I agree with the earlier posts calling for Nightwing, by far one of the best characters in my opinion.

Respect was given when they decided not to recast him for TDKR that's as far as that needs to go. Joker is much bigger than one actor so if they want to put him in right away I say do it especially considering the last time we saw him was '08 and this film isn't gonna be out til '19.

I kind of want them to do Hush. Like, the actual story. Establish that Batman's world is already vast amd filled with rogues and allies.

The Bat Family and more gothic art direction. Those are the only two I want. I want the next Bat series to be the opposite of Nolan: Bats**t crazy.

I'd love too see the first post BvS film be based on "The Court of Owls" storyline.

Unlikely but..

How about a David Fincher directed Affleck movie? After Gone Girl, who knows, this could be a possibility.

Director: David Fincher
Producer: Zack Snyder
Writer: Chris Terrio
Lead: Ben Affleck

Who better than the modern king himself, at doing a crime/mystery/detective thriller featuring the Riddler as the villain. Other classic rogues can make cameos of course. Who would Fincher cast? His old Fight Club buddy Ed Norton as a mid 40s Edward Nygma?? And a big F**k You to Marvel. Or after watching his latest string of films/trailers (Enemy, Prisoners, Nightcrawler) how about Jake Gyllenhaal? Watch the trailer for Nightcrawler folks, i think he can really pull it off. Dicaprio? Michael C Hall?

Either way i think a Fincher, Affleck, Riddler film would be awesome. It might be the only time where i would get excited for a Riddler-centric story.

I feel the Batfleck film should go one of 3 directions.

Mr Freeze centered. Base it off Heart of Ice and the Arkham Origins Freeze DLC. Both perfect directions for a Freeze film. Hell do what Arkham Origins did. Start off with a charity event with Boyle, Freeze comes in and takes over and kidnaps Boyle leaving Batman to find out who is this Mr Freeze and his connects with Boyle.

Riddler centered. Riddler needs a great film. He's one of Bats greatest villains and have yet to have a great film. Joker has 2, Two-Face has 1, Penguin has 1, Catwoman has 2. Base it off the Riddler in the Arkham games as well as his debut in The Batman. In his debut, he would have bombs in Gotham landmarks challenging the police to figure out how to defuse it before they. In Arkham City he would kidnap doctors and cops and have like Jigsaw inspired traps and have Batman figure them out. End it with Batman locating Riddler's position and Riddler and Bats engage in a battle of the wits like the end of Zero Year.

Arkham Asylum (more the game then book). It's Die Hard but with Batman. How awesome does that sound? Keep Joker, Harley, Bane, Zsasz, Scarface, and Scarecrow like the game. Have Croc cameo at the beginning and when Batman defeats Crane. Don't use Ivy because honestly she doesn't need to be involved. Her part isn't as vital or cool as the others.

That's all I got.

Well if you can say that Riddler hasn't had a great film, neither has Penguin. Carrey's Riddler was a lot closer to his character than what Penguin was to his. I'd say Penguin deserves a good characterization and film more than Riddler.

The only changes made to Riddler would be to tone down his costume and antics, but the character is still there. Oswald on the other hand, hasn't been done justice. Regular folks don't know that he's not a Mayor, or a freak or an over the top whacko. They would be surprised to see him as a gangster, arms dealer, club owner and who's appearance is not colorful or freakish (at least not in such a ridiculous way).

Unfortunately i only see Penguin being used as a supporting villain or extended cameo.

I do agree that the three choices seem to be a Joker/Arkham Asylum (Die Hard with Batman, nice call). A Riddler mystery thriller, almost out of a Fincher film. Or a Freeze origin. The Freeze story is the most unlikely because WB won't do that yet and if Ben directs, it's just not his style.

But if they go with a Riddler movie, we still have the future films. Whether that be another reboot, or prequel movies with a different cast. Arkham Asylum + Heart of Ice are movie concepts that should be done no matter what. It's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
If Penguin isn't used in the same vain as the fully enjoyable Burgess Meredith and Danny D, I'll, I'll, I'll!
penguin-bites-nose-o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"