What do you want to see in Resident Evil 5?

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
Due to the semi sucess of my dead rising thread, and due to the fact we know jack **** about RE 5 so far, I am asking: what do you want to see in RE5?

I would like, first and formoest, ZOMBIES! Ok so the glorified side story that was RE 4 was a pretty decent game, but I really didn't feel like it was a TRUE resident evil title....more or less a game to hook in noobs. and it worked, as noobs flooded to the series like...well...the flood. But I want the old school zombies back....well maybe not completely old school, more like crimson head zombies with las plagas....but to me, re without zombies is like a beefburger without the beef. Most of the changes were well done but I wasn't so keen on more of an action focus as it lost the horror nearly completely imo.

RE4 introduced vechicals intot the series, albeit in a limited form. I would like to see this expanded upon.

More Umbrella, More Wesker.

Online co-op content.

I have a pretty small list, really. My main wish is for some of the old school story elements and horror to return...

what about you guys?

Avalanche said:
Isn't Resident Evil 5 multi-platform?

Yeah- I just don't care what ps3 fans have to say :p

But they can come and post if they want to. I just care about the 360 version.

MORE AWESOME BOSSES!

MORE AWESOME GRAPHICS!

I'd also like some kind of co-op. I think co-op makes every game better. Also, there should be some kind of option as to whether or not you want the old style controls or new style controls.

I don't want anymore pitch fork-wielding talking villagers. I want them to go back to the basics and give us scary as hell emotionless zombies.

Plus, bring back Chris Redfield and Wesker.

And if they can keep the level of action that was in RE4 and put more horror into it, we got the greatest RE ever.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the Not-Zombies? I don't think Zombies are that scary to begin with, and I'd prefer if "Resident Evil" expanded into more ways for "Residents" to be "Evil" without being horror cliches.

Am I the only one who didn't mind the Not-Zombies? I don't think Zombies are that scary to begin with, and I'd prefer if "Resident Evil" expanded into more ways for "Residents" to be "Evil" without being horror cliches.

WhatsHisFace said:

See, to me and others Resident Evil without zombies is like x men without wolverine, or superman without clark kent....there's something missing. Crimson head zombies which could run were much more scary than some crotchty old guy with a pitch fork. Old men just don't scare me as much as flesh eating, undead corpses.

I liked RE4, no doubt, but it didn't FEEL like Resident Evil.

Plus, zombies make EVERYTHING better.

WhatsHisFace said:
That's a good thing. The other REs felt like crap.

No offense, but people who say that usually sucked ass at them.

I had no problems whatsoever with the controls. RE4 noobs are basically the ones who seemed to complain about the old RE elements, wh ich is partially why I and others resent it....it brought in tonnes of noobs with no respect or love for the original games.

Horrorfan said:

I had no problems whatsoever with the controls. RE4 noobs are basically the ones who seemed to complain about the old RE elements, wh ich is partially why I and others resent it....it brought in tonnes of noobs with no respect or love for the original games.

Good point.

I started to appreciate the old elements in the other RE's when I finshed RE4. It was RE4, but in a way, it didn't quite feel like an RE.

Still a great game though.

Horrorfan said:

I could control the games fine, it just was not as good as it could be that way. There were many games with similar play styles but with MUCH better controls.

And RE4 didn't have the annoying stuff like limited ink cartridges that didn't make the game more interesting as much as they did just less playable.

WhatsHisFace said:
I could control the games fine, it just was not as good as it could be that way. There were many games with similar play styles but with MUCH better controls.

And RE4 didn't have the annoying stuff like limited ink cartridges that didn't make the game more interesting as much as they did just less playable.

I had no problem with it. I had no problem with limited ink cartridges either, since it was more survival horror than the ''brainless blow em up'' style 4 adopted. You had to th ink and be tactical with all your equipment and saves.

But like the quality of rare, this is one thing we will have to agree to disagree on.

It could have been done so much better though, RE4 was smart to just cut what wasn't working and do it better some other way.

WhatsHisFace said:
It could have been done so much better though, RE4 was smart to just cut what wasn't working and do it better some other way.

I prefered the other RE's to 4. 4 was better in technical terms, but not as atmospheric . I didn't feel anything like the fear or adrenaline I did in the others.

also potential rumours about rewii

Biohazard Wii indepth Extensive information on the gameplay and content of RE:Wii has surfaced.

-The game consists of 4 "chapters", RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village (plus surrounding areas).
-Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.
-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.
-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.
-The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.
-All characters will have mêlée attacks, just like RE4.
-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.
-Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What's more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
-You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard's shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser's anti-personnel robots.
-Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.
-Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame. No puzzles or story, just pick a character and a stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.
-Scenario Mode will feature a large number of ingame cutscenes.
-New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella's status in it more closely with the rest of the series.
-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it's not just constant action like RE4.
-Trailer coming at TGS.

Souce: GameZone

Horrorfan said:
I prefered the other RE's to 4. 4 was better in technical terms, but not as atmospheric . I didn't feel anything like the fear or adrenaline I did in the others.

also potential rumours about rewii

Biohazard Wii indepth Extensive information on the gameplay and content of RE:Wii has surfaced.

-The game consists of 4 "chapters", RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village (plus surrounding areas).
-Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.
-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.
-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.
-The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.
-All characters will have mêlée attacks, just like RE4.
-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.
-Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What's more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
-You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard's shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser's anti-personnel robots.
-Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.
-Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame. No puzzles or story, just pick a character and a stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.
-Scenario Mode will feature a large number of ingame cutscenes.
-New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella's status in it more closely with the rest of the series.
-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it's not just constant action like RE4.
-Trailer coming at TGS.

Souce: GameZone
I was hesitant about getting a Wii, but if the REWii is really like this, then I'll be first in line.

In RE Creators/Devlopers I Trust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"