What drugs should be legal?

Yes I would prefer the government regulate drugs and corporation sell them. Some drugs should never be made because they're simply too addictive. But drugs that are less addictive than nicotine should ALL be legalized. I don't need the government telling me I can't use shrooms or ecstacy because they're "naughty". I want to be free to do what I wan't as long as I don't others. Life's too short to have it anyother way.

blind_fury said:
Yes I would prefer the government regulate drugs and corporation sell them. Some drugs should never be made because they're simply too addictive. But drugs that are less addictive than nicotine should ALL be legalized. I don't need the government telling me I can't use shrooms or ecstacy because they're "naughty". I want to be free to do what I wan't as long as I don't others. Life's too short to have it anyother way.

But you should be able to tell other people they cant do certain drugs because its too "adictive" in your opinion?

I don't want to legalize drugs just for the sake of it.

I'm all for personal freedom that's why I want most drugs legalized. But highly addictive substances take away your freedom to use or not use a drug. You're basically forced to keep using it once you try it. That's not freedom that's slavery.

I'm for sensible drug laws not the draconian control of pleasure.

Everything up to and including cannabis (a friend of time told me the story of the term marijauna in the US, and I try not to use it). I don't know too much about ecstacy, but from what I do know I don't think it should be allowed. Mushrooms, eh, just becasuse it is natural doesn't mean it is all right. And I see nothing good coming from legalizing heroin, crack, etc., or LSD.

Admiral_N8 said:
This really seems to be the common way people do things here much of the time huh.

Are you drunk right now??

Admiral, perhaps you don't understand the key concept behind the history of the social attitude of America. The key is in the classic western story. That's right, being a rebel. Shunning the big man, shunning the institutions, the cities, getting your own peace of land and peace of mind. This is the classic attitude from which this country is founded. As you know, cities crept east to west and people who still held onto the true american value crept to the west to avoid the cities as time went by. Eventually, america became what we were trying to escape from, Europe, with federal laws and such.

So yes, at the heart of American attitudes, people who uphold that want to be a rebel, defend their property with a six shooter, say YEE HAW, whatever. Basically, the attitude remains, interestingly enough, in our hip hop culture. It's the new west, where the ball is in the peoples court, economic prosperity, drugs, syndicates, freewill, doing just about anything without government intervention.

Of course, that's what Hip Hop started out saying, before it became owned by record companies who completely conflict with that sense of non-conformity.

But the illusion is still there. :(:down

Just understand, some people don't like your civilized, nationalistic attitudes, because they are just different. :o:up:

Admiral_N8 said:
Youre still saying that since something exists might as well make it legal?

"In a free society, you don't need a reason to make something legal. You need a reason to make something illegal." [2.15] West Wing

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
Just understand, some people don't like your civilized, nationalistic attitudes, because they are just different. :o:up:

Well if people dont like being civilized then I really dont care.

Sandman138 said:
"In a free society, you don't need a reason to make something legal. You need a reason to make something illegal." [2.15] West Wing

West Wing the show??

blind_fury said:
Are you for the criminalization of alcohol as well or are you a COMPLETE HYPOCRITE??? :confused:
In all seriousness, I'd find the outlawing of alcohol to be the funniest thing I'll ever witness as it would expose 90% of the population to be weak willed spastics.

I drink quite regularly, but unlike most, I do not rely on artificial highs and can easily go years without touching a drop.

I only hope that I get to see weed legalized in my lifetime

here's an interesting fact: I don't drink alcohol

ShadowBoxing said:
Alcohol lobbys have been keeping Marijuana legislation(which I don't smoke by the way) off the Senate floor for years, the only reason Marijuana is illegal while Alcohol and tobacco are not is because the beer and liquor manufacturers are very afraid that MJ would drasically cut their sales.

Don't forget the lobbying power of the big pharmaceutical companies. They want people using drugs, they just want their drugs to be the ones people use.

Obi-Ron said:
Don't forget the lobbying power of the big pharmaceutical companies. They want people using drugs, they just want their drugs to be the ones people use.
wouldn't it be cool to go to your local pharmacy and ask for a bottle of cough syrup, some cottton swabs, a box of rolaids and a dimebag of acapulco gold?

PLAS said:
wouldn't it be cool to go to your local pharmacy and ask for a bottle of cough syrup, some cottton swabs, a box of rolaids and a dimebag of acapulco gold?

Sounds like a busy night, better grab some trojans too!

:eek: :up:

Not only should LSD be legal, taking it once in your early twenties should be a mandatory "rite of passage".

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Not only should LSD be legal, taking it once in your early twenties should be a mandatory "rite of passage".

Considering the government created it must be yummy.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
totally agree, but peyote is waaaay much better

Any addictive drugs should not be legal. People who say there's nothing wrong with using themm, even marijuana, are fooling themselves. I've seen the reality of long term usage where I work. It's not pretty.

Godzilla2000 said:
Any addictive drugs should not be legal. People who say there's nothing wrong with using themm, even marijuana, are fooling themselves. I've seen the reality of long term usage where I work. It's not pretty.
and you work where?

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Wonderful!

What a delightful mind you have...

I bet the rest of you is just as interesting.

PLAS said:
and you work where?

A 24 hour Laundrymat, one sandwiched in between alot of bars where a few sell drugs pf all kinds. God, I still remember the time a drunk, strung out pothead came up to me and propositioned me for sex. The guy smelled really, really bad with a combination of alcohol laced sweat mixed in with Pot smoke and I almost vomited because of his stench. How pathetic a lump of wasted complex cellular structure he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"