Iron Man 3 What format, what camera?

OP84CC82

Civilian
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, would anyone happen to know what format they shot the film on (film or digital) and what camera?

The Arri Alexa seems to be the go-to digital camera for a lot of projects recently.

Looking at the trailer for Iron Man 3, you'd swear this film was shot on film. John Toll did a beautiful job with using the Arri Alexa.

Looking at the trailer for Iron Man 3, you'd swear this film was shot on film. John Toll did a beautiful job with using the Arri Alexa.

I wouldn't say that. There are some clear shots that look off and the entire tone doesn't look like film. But overall it looks pretty good.

I was kind of thinking that he used the Alexa in the first place because it's become the industry standard since it's release but I didn't want completely exclude film because there are still films being shot on the Arricam and Panavision Panaflex cameras

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"