What happened to the Wolvie and Rogue's relationship??

spinny0617 said:
Seeing as X3 is almost out so I don't need to be here anymore I might as well throw myself in front of the wolves...

They do not have a father/daughter relationship in the movies. Rogue has had a crush on him since the first movie, this is fact confirmed by Anna herself in a recent interview where she says that it's still there. Somewhere between admiration and a crush.

Well, I think that aspect of the relationship is a bit of a given, especially when Jean, in reference to Rogue, says to Logan at the end of X-Men, "I think she's a bit taken with you."

Regardless, I think there are aspects of a father/daughter relationship. Perhaps father/daughter isn't the right analogy . . . perhaps protector/protectee? I think this is highlighted by the train scene in X-Men when Logan is attempting to persuade Rogue to go back to the school. He says something along the lines of "I'll look after you" or "I'll take care of you," which I think at least signifies aspects of this relationship that people are referring to as father/daughter.

I think both aspects are present. There doesn't have to be just one (as Paquin noted--somwhere between admiration and a crush), becaue that's not how people are. People establish relationships on multiple levels and such is the same for Logan and Rogue.

yes agreed, he does feel the need to look after her a bit. like a father would.
it's watered down now because she can look after herself more.

but on the other hand he's never told her what to do, he's always telling her to follow her instincts, make her own choices. he isn't interested in running her life, he's actually pushing her into growing up and running her own life.

like I said, they aren't secretly in love with each other in these movies, but the potential is there. and it's something that should've been explored more in X3 seeing as it's part of this trilogy.

but it's something for the future. I never expected them to declare their undying love for each other in this movie, just a more defined relationship. more clarity on the position in each other's lives.

we got that a little but not enough.

I really liked Wolverine and Rogue's relationship in X1. As has been mentioned, it showed a nicer side of him, with the way he was looking after her, and went after her after she left the mansion. The conversation between the them in the train is especially great: liturally, they are both strangers on a train: they seem to truly realize for the first time that they are different, and need to find their place in the world and Xavier's school.

The scene with Wolverine "sacrificing" himself for Rogue at the end of X1 is great too. I love the music, and the way he almost desperatly presses his hand to her face.

I think their relation changed a bit between X1 and 2. Wolverine left for Alkali Lake and Rogue had to find her own place among Xavier's students. She became a little more independent between X1 and 2, though she still likes him.
I think this will be carried through in X3: they will have their own lifes, but Rogue still sees him as a bit of a father figure I guess, and turns to him for advice.

Some argued that it would be better if it was Jubilee Wolverine had this kind of relationship with, because it's more faithful to the comics, but they had to change some things for the movies, and I'm still glad to see that this side of Wolverine, and the whole dynamic made its way into the movie.

WideAwake said:
I think this will be carried through in X3: they will have their own lifes, but Rogue still sees him as a bit of a father figure I guess, and turns to him for advice.

You started off great but this is just not true. How can she see him as a father figure when she has a crush on him? And she doesn't go to him for advice, he catches her on her way out.

You can see there that she expects Logan to act all father/mentor with her. "Shouldn't you be telling me not to do this, to go up to my room and unpack." She doesn't think of him as a father/mentor but she thinks that he sees himself as that.

I don't know about y'all but I've always interpretated their relationship to be moreso of a big brother/little sister type of relationship...

In X1 Logan promised that he would look after her and be her protector...

In X2 Rogue persuaded Bobby to help rescue Logan from Stryker...

In X3 Logan is basically saying that its her decision to make and he wont stand in the way...(plus don't forget "I'M NOT YOUR FATHER")

Since X1 i've always found their relationship to be more of like an older brother being protective of his lil' sister...

But that's just me.

i love the Rogue and Wolverine relationship in the movies....
In X3 in think they will carry on a bit with that all...

LostSon88 said:
In X3 Logan is basically saying that its her decision to make and he wont stand in the way...(plus don't forget "I'M NOT YOUR FATHER")

But that's just me.

Don't forget he also said ( I' YOUR FRIEND )

MaleRogue said:
Don't forget he also said ( I' YOUR FRIEND )

You're older brother can be your friend too...but then again that line could be said in any situation father, uncle, brother, etc.

I don't know...whatever. :)

LostSon88 said:
You're older brother can be your friend too...but then again that line could be said in any situation father, uncle, brother, etc.

I don't know...whatever. :)

lol yeah you are a bit right...

Don't forget that Bobby is pretty jealous of Logan when he comes back in X2.

"I'm her boyfriend, call me Iceman." *freezes hand*

They simply don't have a father/daughter or brother/sister relationship. Rogue's crush on him proves this. Otherwise it would be a pretty weird relationship.

But like does it count if the infatuation is one sided? I mean Logan doesn't feel that way about her in any way, shape or form...

That's open to interpretation... tent scene in X2.

It's not that he's thinking of jumping a teenagers bones, but he can see the potential she has when she grows up. IMO, that's why he's pushing her to stand on her own feet.

He wants Jean and might think that he loves her, but he doesn't really have anything with her that goes past simple flirting. Rogue's the one that had an impact on his life, that changed it for the better. Rogue's the one he obviously cares a whole lot for.

We'll just have to wait for X4, but don't say I never warned you.

yes, absolutely.

will Anna be back? I hope so, but I honestly don't know.

Well i may not be popular for this opinion. Like Cyclops downward fall. Rogue also was started under Singer. Not to pick at Singer but he used Cyclops and Rogue more in the first movie but in the second they were more like cameos.
Also Halle Berry's actors fit was mayeb justified for she to was made a lacky at times. I can deal with them lessing a character if it means really developing a great one like Storm and Beast is in this one. Do remember this is a group movie and with some many characters someone will get a lesser role.

HeroLover said:
Creepy as hell how many posters think these two characters have some kind of romantic relationship.

You have no idea how many fanfics are based on their relationship. :confused:

Creepy! Creepy! Creepy! She only 15 poeple.

HandOfFate said:
You have no idea how many fanfics are based on their relationship. :confused:

Creepy! Creepy! Creepy! She only 15 poeple.

She should be a little bit over 18 now *but that really doesn't change much*...

Anyways, I just wanted to post and say that Rogue and Wolverine do have a close relationship in the comics. Ever since Rogue saved his finace, they've been really close, kinda like big bro, lil sis. It's just more aparent in the movies because Rogue needs A LOT more protecting than she does in the comics. Wolverine cares for Rogue in the comics, it's not a Singer-invented conception...

LostSon88 said:
I don't know about y'all but I've always interpretated their relationship to be moreso of a big brother/little sister type of relationship...

In X1 Logan promised that he would look after her and be her protector...

In X2 Rogue persuaded Bobby to help rescue Logan from Stryker...

Since X1 i've always found their relationship to be more of like an older brother being protective of his lil' sister...

But that's just me.
Exactly, thats why I made this thread.He seemed like a father figure in X1...in X2 a little...but in X3 hes not at all,hes just a friend.I dont like how Ratner changed their relationshipm it was great

sebaa said:
logan and rogue is logan and kitty ( in the comics) in the comics logan and rogue never had a close relationship.
They are a little close in the comics. I saw a lot of cool dialogues between them in the comics.
It started when Rogue saved his fiancé, when she started to have problems with her powers and got his claws...and there's more. I think it's when Logan discovers that Xavier knew something about him for a some time and never told him, there's is a good dialogue between them in this one.
No one can say that they're not close. They're a little at least.

Mary said:
They are a little close in the comics. I saw a lot of cool dialogues between them in the comics.
It started when Rogue saved his fiancé, when she started to have problems with her powers and got his claws...and there's more. I think it's when Logan discovers that Xavier knew something about him for a some time and never told him, there's is a good dialogue between them in this one.
No one can say that they're not close. They're a little at least.

Also, Rogue and Wolverine have had some scenes together in the recent X-Men comic. You can tell he's looking out for Rogue when it comes to Gambit and Mystique *for example, the lunch room scene when Wolverine shows concern for Gambit's 'playfulness'*...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"