The Dark Knight What Happened to ... Wayne Enterprises, the Monorail

Noticed a lot more Monorail tracks in TDKR, but they're severely unnoticeable. Why bother even putting them in. Why not also add them in major shots, like the tumbler, batpod, bat chase at the end...

You can see it in TDK, too, in the exterior shot of Wayne Enterprises.

Not sure if this was brought up yet but on a recent viewing, I noticed that you can see the Monorail in the shot moving towards Joker on the street corner in the prologue. It's off in the left corner.

Not sure if this was brought up yet but on a recent viewing, I noticed that you can see the Monorail in the shot moving towards Joker on the street corner in the prologue. It's off in the left corner.

Nah, that's just a regular elevated subway in Chicago, not the monorail.

Nah, that's just a regular elevated subway in Chicago, not the monorail.

But this isn't Chicago, it's Gotham. So, unless Gotham also has an elevated subway and a monorail, I'll see it as a segment of the monorail in another part of the city.

The design of the elevated subway in Chicago is completely different from the Gotham monorail lol, even the elevated tracks.

chicago___downtown_subway_2_by_misssevenn-d32vsig.jpg

ga0160_final_0141.jpg

Unless Gotham has both a monorail and a subway.

Last edited:
Ugh, too bad these were the only instances where the monorail system was seen in TDK and TDKR

r74rhi.png

r8vJy.jpg

0UeBk.gif

They could've feature them more prominently during the chase scenes and the quarantining of Gotham.

Last edited:
The design of the elevated subway in Chicago is completely different from the Gotham monorail lol, even the elevated tracks.

chicago___downtown_subway_2_by_misssevenn-d32vsig.jpg

ga0160_final_0141.jpg

Unless Gotham has both a monorail and a subway.

Okay. I didn't see it up that close. My bad.

It seems like a good method of transportation. Yet it is hardly seen.

They did such a good design job with Gotham in BB. The Narrows, the monorail, the whole atmosphere. The city felt believable but very unique at the same time. I'm wondering why they didn't continue that in TDK and TDKR.

They did such a good design job with Gotham in BB. The Narrows, the monorail, the whole atmosphere. The city felt believable but very unique at the same time. I'm wondering why they didn't continue that in TDK and TDKR.

Probably cuz they kept going for the uber grounded and realistic look.

Ugh, Batman Begins Gotham was the best and the original Wayne Tower

ga0160_final_0250.jpg

ga0050_0216.jpg

ga0170_0276.jpg

ga0170_0037.jpg

na0001_0138.jpg

pb0050Final_0354.jpg

md0007_0093.jpg

gs0010_0328.jpg

Last edited:
Those Gotham pictures of Batman Begins are just beautiful.

I understand why there were no Narrows in TDK but in TDKR they should have made a comeback.

Is Gotham done in CGI in Begins and in the latter two it's not?

Damn, Batman Begins really did nail on location. I wish Arkham had played some sort of role in the sequels, oh well though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"