The Amazing Spider-Man What happens to Oscorp, Gwen, and Captain Stacy?

A V E N G E a M E !

I tell you, if I had a spoon where Willem Dafoe would yell "AVENGE ME!" each time I imagined seeing his reflection in it, I'd be eating cereal with that SOB on a daily basis.

I tell you, if I had a spoon where Willem Dafoe would yell "AVENGE ME!" each time I imagined seeing his reflection in it, I'd be eating cereal with that SOB on a daily basis.
Right there with you, 'SuperFerret'.

Right there with you, 'SuperFerret'.

James cromwell told many that in the next film he will bite the dust. I am surpised that he didnt get in trouble for saying that on set lol. As far as gwen stacy goes, who knows but I wouldnt be suprised if gwen and peter are dating by part 4 and killed off in 5. Doubt they would kill off two stacy's in one film...

James cromwell told many that in the next film he will bite the dust. I am surpised that he didnt get in trouble for saying that on set lol. As far as gwen stacy goes, who knows but I wouldnt be suprised if gwen and peter are dating by part 4 and killed off in 5. Doubt they would kill off two stacy's in one film...
Oh yeah? I'm bettin' they would. Ever read the comics? Both Stacys were killed pretty much at the same time.

Oh yeah? I'm bettin' they would. Ever read the comics? Both Stacys were killed pretty much at the same time.

i know that but, i doubt they would do it for the 4th film. It would be too much to kill two birds with one stone. Then again, you never know. Maybe Sam Raimi will lose it and have the villian do a complete massacre and drive spider-man nuts. Sorry folks but, if its not the goblin that kills off gwen stacy or if gwen stacy turns into carnage this franchise is over lol. I know that in the comics doc ock and spidey were fighting and part of a bulding was coming down on a kid and cap stacy sacraficed himself to save the kid and died. :spidey:

i know that but, i doubt they would do it for the 4th film. It would be too much to kill two birds with one stone. Then again, you never know. Maybe Sam Raimi will lose it and have the villian do a complete massacre and drive spider-man nuts. Sorry folks but, if its not the goblin that kills off gwen stacy or if gwen stacy turns into carnage this franchise is over lol. I know that in the comics doc ock and spidey were fighting and part of a bulding was coming down on a kid and cap stacy sacraficed himself to save the kid and died. :spidey:
Sam is a huge fan of the glory days of the 'Spider-Man' comic-books and all of the original comics that came before Venom was ever introduced. I'm going to guarantee you that both Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy are going to be killed in one of the future films. I only hope that it's either in 5 or 6, because 4 would be too soon. Of course, they can't have Gwen thrown off of the George Washington Bridge by the Green Goblin and they can't have Captain Stacy killed during a fight between Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus.

:sym::sym:
Sam is a huge fan of the glory days of the 'Spider-Man' comic-books and all of the original comics that came before Venom was ever introduced. I'm going to guarantee you that both Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy are going to be killed in one of the future films. I only hope that it's either in 5 or 6, because 4 would be too soon. Of course, they can't have Gwen thrown off of the George Washington Bridge by the Green Goblin and they can't have Captain Stacy killed during a fight between Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus.

Never say never... How many times did shredder return or other villians thought to be dead. Especially in the comic book universe no character ever stays dead. Heck harry and norman are alive and well today in the comic books so dont be suprised if they brought back the goblins or doc ock. Alfred molina did sign for more than one film... Hint... Hint... Also if Raimi was interested in using the sinister six he cant do it without doc ock. We just learned that the character of venom obviously didnt die since there will be a spin-off so never assume anything. If they made a jaws 5 and quint returns from the dead then thats impossible but never for a comic book film. :sym:

:sym::sym:

Never say never... How many times did shredder return or other villians thought to be dead. Especially in the comic book universe no character ever stays dead. Heck harry and norman are alive and well today in the comic books so dont be suprised if they brought back the goblins or doc ock. Alfred molina did sign for more than one film... Hint... Hint... Also if Raimi was interested in using the sinister six he cant do it without doc ock. We just learned that the character of venom obviously didnt die since there will be a spin-off so never assume anything. If they made a jaws 5 and quint returns from the dead then thats impossible but never for a comic book film. :sym:
The proposed "spin-off" of Venom is absolutely ridiculous. Venom should be a stand-alone film, it should not have to continue riding on the shoulders of Spider-Man and his whole series of films. And bringing back characters from the dead only because you need them to form this "Sinister Six" is ridiculous. These films may be based off of the comic-books, but how do you think the general audience will take it? They'll be laughing. No matter how much I'd love to see Doc Ock return, they have to keep some kind of logic behind these films, enough to make the audience feel like this could happen with the world the films before had already developed.

The proposed "spin-off" of Venom is absolutely ridiculous. Venom should be a stand-alone film, it should not have to continue riding on the shoulders of Spider-Man and his whole series of films. And bringing back characters from the dead only because you need them to form this "Sinister Six" is ridiculous. These films may be based off of the comic-books, but how do you think the general audience will take it? They'll be laughing. No matter how much I'd love to see Doc Ock return, they have to keep some kind of logic behind these films, enough to make the audience feel like this could happen with the world the films before had already developed.

heck majority of comic book fans would laugh if raimi formed the sinister six without doc ock. I wouldnt mind him returning and no one laughed when shredder returned. Heck the guy still isnt dead. I was very excited to find out that old shred head was returning. I wont stop there, how many times did the terminator die and return ? jack sparrow was dead, came back... was anyone laughing ? ohh buffy summers dead as a door knob, next thing you know they brought her back to life. villian from the mummy returned... point being is that I can keep going. Keeping logic or a sense of reality in a film flew out the window when you have a guy bitten by a spider with powers and web swinging across nyc. So I dont think the audience would take it that seriously if a villian thought to be dead returns. No offense but whenever people try to use the concept of reality with these type of films its so silly to even argue a main point with it. People have an understanding that a villian can always and maybe will return in a film, I mean its been happening for a very long time and its tradition.

heck majority of comic book fans would laugh if raimi formed the sinister six without doc ock. I wouldnt mind him returning and no one laughed when shredder returned. Heck the guy still isnt dead. I was very excited to find out that old shred head was returning. I wont stop there, how many times did the terminator die and return ? jack sparrow was dead, came back... was anyone laughing ? ohh buffy summers dead as a door knob, next thing you know they brought her back to life. villian from the mummy returned... point being is that I can keep going. Keeping logic or a sense of reality in a film flew out the window when you have a guy bitten by a spider with powers and web swinging across nyc. So I dont think the audience would take it that seriously if a villian thought to be dead returns. No offense but whenever people try to use the concept of reality with these type of films its so silly to even argue a main point with it. People have an understanding that a villian can always and maybe will return in a film, I mean its been happening for a very long time and its tradition.
Then why do we even need the Sinister Six to be in these movies if the fans will think like such? Sounds even to me.

Then why do we even need the Sinister Six to be in these movies if the fans will think like such? Sounds even to me.

Well its what sam teased at one point that he would like spider-man to face. Evidence is pointing towards lizard and kraven. Now that sam has creative control I will bet kibbles and bits that its the lizard as one of the villians.

Am I the only one hoping they somehow correct the sandman killed your Uncle Ben thing...Also does anyone else think that Sandman may become a new ally like Harry was in SM3? I mean he didn't die....

Am I the only one hoping they somehow correct the sandman killed your Uncle Ben thing...Also does anyone else think that Sandman may become a new ally like Harry was in SM3? I mean he didn't die....
Personally, I'd rather just see that whole thing go to hell. But, I wouldn't mind seeing it as well, hoping they can pull it off. And not just have him there for ----s and kicks.

The problem with directors today is that they take things from the ultimate version or in dc comics situation alternate versions and they mix it with the original concept and think its okay.

I know alot of people didnt mind there being an actual jarvis in Iron Man but, I did. Its like bruce wayne having alfred as a super computer instead of a real person. I mean I could pull up a list of things I didnt like but the worst was galactus as a storm cloud.

The worst thing about it is that Flink Marko actually had a sick mother and not a daughter but, it would make more sense that way because you would feel more emotion with a sick little girl. I could understand the change in that but, having flint marko responsible for uncle bens death with the message of forgiveness in the end was pointless and a complete change in the story arc.

^True. They should have left it with the sick daughter thing, and leave out the Uncle Ben killer story. But, what's done is done. It still turned out okay.

Captain Stacy will become Hobgoblin! omg :eek:

I always found the Sandman/Uncle Ben thing to be another factor to close out the trilogy on a positive note. I don't know if Raimi was intending to jump on 4 as soon as the 3 was over with. I mean, he did kill of Harry, and made that huge change with the Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer.

But now since they're moving forward with 4, I'm hoping Raimi can find a way to keep that intense drive from Peter regarding his guilt over Uncle Ben's death. I don't know how it'll work but you never know.

Why guilt? He did forgive Marko. That would only show that Peter is backtracking.

Why guilt? He did forgive Marko. That would only show that Peter is backtracking.
No someone above was saying how to "fix" that Uncle Ben/Sandman thing. I was assuming he meant make it seem like it was a mistake and he never got the right killer or something. Unless I read it wrong.

I always found the Sandman/Uncle Ben thing to be another factor to close out the trilogy on a positive note. I don't know if Raimi was intending to jump on 4 as soon as the 3 was over with. I mean, he did kill of Harry, and made that huge change with the Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer.

But now since they're moving forward with 4, I'm hoping Raimi can find a way to keep that intense drive from Peter regarding his guilt over Uncle Ben's death. I don't know how it'll work but you never know.

Peter's guilt hasn't been a driving force for him for a while, it's his sense of responsibility that drives him forward. If it was just guilt, he would've went back to showbiz once he catches Ben's killer (or thinks he does). Ben's death was Peter's first example of the great power, great responsibility lesson.

No someone above was saying how to "fix" that Uncle Ben/Sandman thing. I was assuming he meant make it seem like it was a mistake and he never got the right killer or something. Unless I read it wrong.

If they do a retcon over the already-screwed up retcon, then...well...I might have to say War Zone will be better than Spider-Man 4, lol.

Peter's guilt hasn't been a driving force for him for a while, it's his sense of responsibility that drives him forward. If it was just guilt, he would've went back to showbiz once he catches Ben's killer (or thinks he does). Ben's death was Peter's first example of the great power, great responsibility lesson.
Well, I should of said "combination of things" but I do feel that you get that sense of guilt from the films from time to time. Like in 2 when he hears the firefighters say that some people never made it out. You get that same look of tragedy in his eyes (then he talks to himself afterwards about "what is he supposed to do") The whole responsiblity thing is certainly his drive.

Right now i don't see much of a role for Oscorp unless they want to somehow tie one of the villains to tech from the company.

If Peter's still at college i could see Gwen popping up but it would be nothing more than a cameo really.:o

Cromwell will however return to play Captain Stacy or at least it would appear so judging this interview. It looks like it was conducted earlier this year (when there was threat of a SAG strike) but i've only just come across it.

From Campus Moviefest:
Now that "W." is coming out on DVD, any stories you'd like to share about the film or reactions to it?
I don't think the country was ready for "W" when it first came out. Those on the left wanted Bush excoriated; those on the right never considered it would be a fair representation; those in the middle wanted to forget that they sat by while this the government killed millions of Iraqis, subverted the constitution and destroyed the economy. Americans don't like to look at themselves in the mirror of the present. We like movies about the past so we don't have to take responsibility for what we're doing and change it. It's a wonderful film, magnificently acted and as true as any other description of the disaster which was the Bush administration. The industry, the Academy and SAG just closed their eyes and tossed it away.

Any upcoming projects of yours that students should keep an eye out for?
The Screen Actors Guild has no contract with the producers and so the whole town is shut down. Independents can get a waiver to shoot and I will be doing on in June. "Spiderman IV" is on hold until the actors have a contract, so I'm working on a production of Shakespeare's "King Lear" to be done in York, England in 2010.
Source:http://www.campusmoviefest.com/luminaries/cromwell/index.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"